Noob Question About Vapor Production

reptilian

So what is the deal exactly about getting more vapor? Does it taste better? Is it smoother? Or just cooler? I'm just curious. I understand you are getting more of the nicotine, but is there any other reason other then that? I get much more vapor with my Dragon then I do with my blu, which I like better, but my blu was barely giving me anything most of the time. I hope this isn't to dumb of a question. :P

In my opinion, more vapor is important for two reasons:

1. I feel like I get more flavor from the juice I'm using and more of the sensations in my mouth and throat that I associate with smoking analog cigarettes, and

2. Exhaling vapor in a large cloud is also very reminiscent of cigarette smoking, which most smokers associate with the pleasure of getting the nicotine fix they need.

Note that I'm not saying more vapor = more nicotine, because I don't know either way. I'm saying that one of the main purposes of an e-cig is to mimic the cigarette smoking experience. When you smoke a tobacco cigarette, just one, you create quite a lot of smoke. E-cigs that produce more vapor are more accurately mimicking a tobacco cig.

We all know from previous attempts to give up cigarettes that there's much more to it than nicotine addiction. It that weren't the case, then nicotine gum and nicotine patches would have a near 100% success rate for quitters. There's so many sensations involved when a smoker gets out his/her cig, lights it up, takes that first big drag, smokes it down, then crushes it out. E-cigs, at their best, give us a close approximation of many of the attributes a smoker associates with smoking, and big vapor is one of the important ones.

Plus it just looks cool. ;)

Edited by DarthVaper

More vapor = more Nicotine and better delivery.

It's a bit like asking why does it matter how much horsepower is in a car, is it just speed?

Some of the units just don't produce enough vapor so you don't get your fix. Ever remember pulling out an analog, taking a drag and not getting anything from it? Then you look down a realize the analog is ripped right at the filter. You could keep smoking it if you wanted to, but what would be the point. You'd be working so hard to get the fix. :)

It's a bit like asking why does it matter how much horsepower is in a car, is it just speed?

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Completely off topic? Yes. Relevant? No, not at all. Interesting little nugget of info? Yeah, sure, why not? Itchy? A little bit.

Back on topic - I too am enjoying my Dragon. And I have to agree with Chris and DarthVaper - if I don't get the vapor cloud my first thought is "What the HECK!" But not really heck, cuz that's just not the word I use. The word I use sounds more like duck. Anyway, then I think my battery is about dead, or my carts empty, the planets aren't in alignment, I'm wearing the wrong underwear, whatever and take another longer drag. Sure enough, more vapor and more happy.

That was completely useless, wasn't it?

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Completely off topic? Yes.  Relevant?  No, not at all.  Interesting little nugget of info?  Yeah, sure, why not?  Itchy? A little bit.

Back on topic - I too am enjoying my Dragon.  And I have to agree with Chris and DarthVaper - if I don't get the vapor cloud my first thought is "What the HECK!"  But not really heck, cuz that's just not the word I use.  The word I use sounds more like duck.  Anyway,  then I think my battery is about dead, or my carts empty, the planets aren't in alignment, I'm wearing the wrong underwear, whatever and take another longer drag.  Sure enough, more vapor and more happy.

That was completely useless, wasn't it?

Nope not at all useless, when using carts instead of dripping you need a "primer" puff to get things going then the big billowing clouds of awesomeness shall errupt forth from your lungs  :o

KarateLobster almost every post you make cracks me up, perhaps a possible future PR job? :lol:

Man would I love to get you in our videos.

LOL! That would take some serious editing.

Nope not at all useless, when using carts instead of dripping you need a "primer" puff to get things going then the big billowing clouds of awesomeness shall errupt forth from your lungs  :o

Very true. Primer puff certainly does help.

You know, I haven't really benefited anything from the primer puff. I just take long draws and it does me just fine. It first I was having a big problem with getting to much vapor, because the hits were really harsh. Which was the whole purpose of me posting my question in the first place. I thought all you e-smokers were just a little loopy in the head. (now I know it's just KarateLobster :D ) That went away after about 4 days though. I must have gotten used to it

You know, I haven't really benefited anything from the primer puff. I just take long draws and it does me just fine. It first I was having a big problem with getting to much vapor, because the hits were really harsh. Which was the whole purpose of me posting my question in the first place. I thought all you e-smokers were just a little loopy in the head. (now I know it's just KarateLobster :D ) That went away after about 4 days though. I must have gotten used to it

I resemble that remark!

I do get harshness off hte first few puffs of the day, and with a new cart. Like with you, it goes away.

I resemble that remark!

I do get harshness off hte first few puffs of the day, and with a new cart. Like with you, it goes away.

In the case of the new cart, it may be a dry atomizer. The manual states you should wait 5-10 minutes after putting on a new cart.

You know, I haven't really benefited anything from the primer puff. I just take long draws and it does me just fine. It first I was having a big problem with getting to much vapor, because the hits were really harsh. Which was the whole purpose of me posting my question in the first place. I thought all you e-smokers were just a little loopy in the head. (now I know it's just KarateLobster   :D ) That went away after about 4 days though. I must have gotten used to it

yes durring the switch from analogs to eciggs the hit can be quite harsh for a week or so but you get used to it quickly in my experance at least