Whats Wrong With My Atomizer?

turtle11c

If you are getting vapor then it is still working. If you have been vaping all day then you could just be hitting that no flavor stage for the day. As I vape throughout the day the flavor will start to drop off and I find myself searching for a stronger flavor later in the evening. If you have been mixing flavors in your atomizer that can also kill flavor sometimes.

I have been vaping once per hour today and I have only changed flavors once. I did not know that there was a point where you just stopped tasting a flavor though that is a nice tip. I rinsed it in warm water then blew as much out as I could but I am going to give it another hour and see if there is any difference.

well it seems you were right about the flavor going away after vaping the same thing all day. I just put a couple of drops of vt grape soda and holy crap did it taste freaking good! Thanks again for your help.

so i just got that no flavor thing again and when i looked in my atomizer i saw what i thought to be a hair or something so i got a paper clip and worked it out and noticed that there is some type of fiber in my atomizer and all the ends of it are burnt. I have never put anything except e-juice into it so is it supposed to be there?

sorry about the whole double post thing i was trying to edit post number 5 and instead somehow just made a new one. Anyways, I pulled out what was hopefully all of the fiber and I am now getting A LOT more flavor and a tiny bit more vapor than the first time I used my atomizer. That was really weird and gross! Maybe it was some type of manufacturer packaging that accidentally got into it when it was being made. Weird. Has anyone else experienced this?

It sounds to me like what you are seeing is the wick. Sometimes they do get burnt and that is probably what you are tasting. Some people remove those "fibers", it is call de-wicking. There is a video on you tube that explains how it is done.

thanks i will check that out right now because this wick is really killing my flavor i keep getting that burnt taste still.

Yes the fiber/wick belongs in the atomizer. It is used to help wick liquid to the coil when using a cartridge. You can de-wick the atomizer, which I see you have learned. It works well if you are going to use the atomizer for dripping only. Be patient when de-wicking your atomizers. You can damage the coil or pull the whole thing out cutting off the wires that heat the coil.

yep its definitely suppose to be there, I once dismantled a dead low res atty to find that the pieces that held the fibers together were burnt to the point of being pieces of carbon, its ok tho if you get some tweezers and pluck it out with out damaging the mesh piece on top *sorry i dont know the technical term* you should get alot more flavor for your drop ...I did that to my first atty that i received with my ego package and to me it made a world of difference

anyone know WHY its in there anyway??

yep its definitely suppose to be there, I once dismantled a dead low res atty to find that the pieces that held the fibers together were burnt to the point of being pieces of carbon, its ok tho if you get some tweezers and pluck it out with out damaging the mesh piece on top *sorry i dont know the technical term* you should get alot more flavor for your drop ...I did that to my first atty that i received with my ego package and to me it made a world of difference

anyone know WHY its in there anyway??

from what I have seen it is to help get the juice from cartridges to the atomizer. I have a few strands I cant seem to get out and it really sucks!