well I recently bought a ego tank. I purchased some new e-juice (re(4)nu menthol) from vapor renu. it was working perfectly for a day and a half. but then I started getting a harsh burnt taste. the taste goes away if a drip a couple of drops directly on the spike that pierces the tank. But it only lasts about 5 or 6 puffs then right back to burnt taste. I need to know if there is a way to fix this.

i have the ego tank atomizer, is it safe to boil those? my juice is also a 60/40 blend.I had some 50/50 bland before I bought the 60/40 blend. it was quite thin and light blue in color and worked pefect through the duration of the liquid. I tried the new liquid and it worked for a day and half then burnt taste. then I also tried the second atty the kit came with and burnt taste after only a few puffs.....maybe it is the juice. I tried soaking in alcohol then rinsing with hot water and letting it dry all day, but then just got a burnt taste after a few puffs.

well, the 50/50 I had actually worked better in my tank than the 60/40. the 50/50 was the high caliber "BOSS" Polar Ice from electronicstix.com. The 60/40 I am using now is re(4)nu menthol with double shot flavor and 24mg nic from vapor renu. So what you are saying is if I want to continue to use my tank then the best bet would be using 80/20 juice. BUT, if I wanted something higher than that, I could just buy a 510 atty and 510 cartridges? I think I might do that at some point, and then get a 510 sized drip tip also and just use the carts for when I am going out. But until then I think I will just get some 80/20 juice and see how that works.

Edited by drummingchef

the only reason I would go with cartridges if I want to use a drip tip is that way I don't have to keep changing stuff out. For example if I am using carts, I just pop it off and pop the drip tip on. if I were using cartos, I would have to unscrew the carto, screw on an atty THEN pop on the drip tip. Is this correct or am I forgetting something? (not being sarcastic, I am being serious, cause I am fairly new at vaping). I would like to check out the mega carts but I read and watched some reviews on them, and they all got fairly good reviews, but they all said the same thing, and that was that since they hold so much juice, the juice has a lot of weight to it.....so, gravity takes place, and all the juice starts seeping down towards the bottom of the cartridge, eventually resulting in a flooded atomizer. But anyways I think I fixed my burnt taste problem (crossing fingers). I the atty in alcohol, ran the alcohol through it some, then hot water rinse, and let it dry 24 hours. I still got a SLIGHT burnt taste, so I took a paper clip and pushed the wick down through the spike just a little. No more burnt taste for about 2 days so far.