Procrastination And The Passthrough....

so i put off buying the passthrough, as of course there were so many other things i just had to have...

yikes and yikes! both my batteries are dead today (because i was a bit OCD with that new tank) and now im stuck waiting, waiting for at least one to charge... sigh...

ok, so needless to say i just made my purchase for one at the VT store... meanwhile.... i stare at the red light on the battery charger...

so i put off buying the passthrough, as of course there were so many other things i just had to have...

yikes and yikes! both my batteries are dead today (because i was a bit OCD with that new tank) and now im stuck waiting, waiting for at least one to charge... sigh...

ok, so needless to say i just made my purchase for one at the VT store... meanwhile.... i stare at the red light on the battery charger...

Noooooooooooooooo! Oh dear. Well, at least help is on the way, right?

Thank goodness you ordered one. was going to tell you to get it from VT store. that is where I got mine and I love it. going to get one for my sister also. I am going to teach her to drip with it. much easier and cheaper that way. :thumbsup:

The eGo passthrough is the best. I have had a chance to charge my other batteries and they are sitting there waiting for my next road trip and I can vape away and not worry. It's a terrible thing to be without a battery. Hope it charges soon.

I wish it was just called what it is... 'a usb chargeable eGo battery'. I can tell you what really drove home the fact that it's not a true pass-tru... if you vape it unplugged until the battery dies, then plug in the usb charger and expect to be able to continue vapinig the day away... you will discover otherwise very soon. I've done this multiple times not even thinking about it, and it died on me while I vaped with it plugged in... then I remembered that the battery had absolutely no charge left on it last time I had used it.

Simply put... there needs to be some sort of a charge on the battery before you start chain vaping on it. It cannot keep up from a totally dead state.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Dayvape, Don't feel so bad, I can't keep up from a totally dead state either. LOL I found this out when I was using my cell phone and it went dead. I tried plugging it into the charger to make my call. No go! My solution, I got back up batteries for my back up batteries.

Thanks again Chris for that totally awesome $55 eGo special! :thumbsup:

I believe they're lithium ion batteries which means that they actually do better re-charging on a partial charge rather than a full discharge. lol I know this mostly from airsoft batteries, but what i do know is l-ion batts don't form a memory like ni-cad batts but they lose the amount of charge they can hold over time, fully discharging the battery can hasten this effect, but even so with the low voltage of PV batts you shouldn't see a tapering off of charge life until like 500 or so discharge/recharge cycles... in theory. in practice i've had an ego since last march and the batts are still as strong as ever. treat them like cell phone batteries, and you shouldn't be going too wrong.