Neweggin A Pc..

so my computer dies all the time. not like the windows or linux is the issue, fresh install with no extra software it will just "poof" and its off.

its around 7 - 8 years old.. yeah way out dated but works.

so anyways i was hitting up newegg for some stuff. when i get cash to do so.

what will i be doing with it:

- some video editing using pinnacle studio ultimate

- normal browser junk (normal being FF and chrome open with up to 10-20 tabs in ff at all times and chrome with about 3-10 tabs, flash video, chat, and music)

- apps open all day: winamp, tweetdeck, skype, trillian, and maybe a few other things.

anyways here is the list of junk i'm throwing together

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=16767387&Local=y

i'll use the 200gb pata (ide) drive i already have to save some coin.

also have a 750gb usb drive already.

i figure for what i do, this would be more than enough.

not going for blow the house down performance as i cant afford that but with this system i should be good for a while

also i will be using windows xp, none of that windows visa or the patched vista named windows 7

later i'll do dual SSD in raid 0, maybe just 64gb drives as i dont save anything to the OS partition anyways.

then if need be 8 more gig of ram and a much larger video card

i dont do games so thats not an issue.

what do you guys think?

Imagine me saying this in my best Cris Tucker voice....nearly screaming and pointing both of my index fingers at my temples..........." I do not understand the words that are coming out of your mouth"....GOD...it sucks to get old. Man, you might have well as been speaking vermaklineese for what I took out of that. Care to help an old dude out and explain what all of that was????

The last three times I bought a computer I just couldn't justify building one as the cost was prohibitive compared to an off the rack system from WalMart or OfficeMax.The one I am using now came with 4 gigs of memory a very good graphics processor a 200 gig HD a DVD burner and a legit copy of Windows 7 which is a surprisingly good OS.All for less than $300.00 ,it would cost that much to build a similar puter without an operating system at todays prices.The one I got this time was an E-Machine the last one was an Acer.

sounds fine for what you do.....are you friends with Paul on FB? He has built all our computers and we have all kinds of stuff....there may be something you can use. He does music production/mixing work on his, has several harddrives, etc....all kinds of huge programs, same as you with the browser with a million tabs open. I think I told you how he has so many blocks across the screen he has two monitors that function as one giant one. Anyway, we have all kinds of stuff here....especially since you are using an older system. Seriously.....write him a message...copy and paste everything you just wrote. He is really good at that stuff. He fixes computers for just about everyone we know and has built several for our friends. Anyway, I know he would be happy to give you any advice, or help if you need it. If you aren't already friends with him on FB, just go on my profile and request him. He is totally cool....aside from bugging me about his mod, LOL. He is so tired of these idiot batteries, well so am I for that matter, but I always use my PT. Dreading Sunday, gotta go to my grandson's bday party and use that stupid 750mah 3.7 volt piece of you know what...it just isn't strong enough, I hate the lack of power after using the 5 v's on the PT with this outlet adapter.

I love FF with chrome....best browser for sure. I hate using IE....I can't figure out anything on it.

The last three times I bought a computer I just couldn't justify building one as the cost was prohibitive compared to an off the rack system from WalMart or OfficeMax.The one I am using now came with 4 gigs of memory a very good graphics processor a 200 gig HD a DVD burner and a legit copy of Windows 7 which is a surprisingly good OS.All for less than $300.00 ,it would cost that much to build a similar puter without an operating system at todays prices.The one I got this time was an E-Machine the last one was an Acer.

The major problem in doing that is that you RARELY get what you pay for when it comes to a computer off the shelf! I had bought one years ago and when I took it in to get worked on for something they showed me MULTIPLE places that had been changed to a cheaper/crappier part instead of what was stated on the 'computer spec sheet'! I will ONLY have someone build my computers now... and it helps even more if you already know them! And, I have also found it is actually cheaper because you can put only what you want/need in one when you build it... thus saving yourself money! Just saying this was a true story experience for me... and they proceeded to tell me they see this "ALL THE TIME IN THE COMPUTER BUSINESS." :censored:

Edited by DAYVAPE