About Atomizers And Cartridges And Stuff

McDill87

Thanks to all for the nice welcome and advice!

As I understand it, my safecig has one unit that houses the atomizer and the liquid. I was able to refill the cartridge using the "condom" method and it worked very well. I am, however, very interested in the ego cigs. However, I'm wondering about buying separate atomizers as well as e liquid. How long do ego and 510 model atomizers last--or how often do they need to be replaced?

The cartridige I buy now costs about 2.50 apiece, but if I'm understanding correctly, I'm getting a new atomizer with each.

Again, thanks for all the help!

Gary

Atomizers can last a week, a month, even 6 months. Sometimes they're easy to get DOA. A lot of it depends on if you're dripping, how heavy you drip, or if using a cartridge, how dry you run the cartridge. You can buy cartomizers for the 510 which has the cartridge and atomizer together. Many people swear by them. You can refill those and the life on them varies. If they're working out of the box, usually I can get 3-4 good refills out of them. Some have gone much longer, some die off right around 4 or 5. Cartomizers have cheaper atomizers because they're pretty disposable units and you can't do much to give them a good cleaning. But on the plus side, if an cartomizer goes out, you usually have another one nearby ready to go. Hope this helps.

Atties are good for dripping at the house in the evening but cartomisers are the ticket for through the day.I get the refillable ones and throw away the rubber plug and use a cut down DSE 901 cartridge,easier to pop off for a refill and doesn't get hot or have metal in my mouth.I tried drip tips and was not too impressed.The 510 carto's are a little less expensive I get three to six days depending on what liquid and I use 510,306 ,302 and 901 atties and they can last six months or more depending on the liquid I use.

I use my eGo Tank during the day while I'm at work but before I got it, I just dripped a few drops whenever I was taking a break and wanted a few nice sweet puffs (contented sigh) and at night, I always blow out my attys from the bottom end and leave them standing upright overnight on a paper towel. So far, so good. You see a lot of people hear doing all kinds of cleaning things.

With that being said, I always have a couple of attys available for backups.

Personally I swear by cartos, they are the only thing I use. I totally disagree with the person who said there is not much you can do to clean them. I have been using the same batch of cartos for a year now and have only had like 10 die. When I get about 20-40 that are filthy I boil them....changing the water about every 15 mins, I do that until the water no longer has an odor and the water is clear. I do this in an electric hot pot in my bathroom, which is right by my bedroom. While the cartos are boiling I watch tv or go online, etc. Then I soak them in everclear or cheap vodka. I soak them anywhere from a couple hours to 24 hours. Then I boil them again until all the alcohol is gone, about another hour worth of boiling and changing water. This might sound like a lot of work, but really it is like 15 minutes, AT MOST, of hands on handling. Most of the time they are just boiling or sitting in the everclear. I then blow out the water and let them dry overnight or longer. After that they are like totally new cartos, no odor, no smell, nothing. When my husband and I started vaping we bought nothing but prefilled cartos so we accumulated hudreds, like a thousand of them, no exaggeration. I have hundreds that are cleaned but in our back up stash. Fortunately I didn't just toss them like they are marketed. I kept thinking....why should I throw away something that is still working? The only person that benefits is the person you are buying them from. There are many youtube videos on cleaning them, various methods, and now I have sort of combined methods. All I know is I haven't bought a single carto in 10 months. I probably can't live long enough to need to buy any, even if 20 died a year.

I fill them from the top, just less waste and not near as messy as using the condom method. The cap pops off, using a bobby pin, thick needle, decent toothpick or anything else pointyish, just stick it in the middle and pop it right off. Then you fill until the filler looks wet, but not puddled. What is better about doing it this way is that every carto is different, they do not all hold the same amount of liquid, even when they were all from the same package. So you can see when the filler is actually soaked without overfilling, plus you don't have to wipe all the liquid off the bottom, etc. But we used the cart condom method too when we first started. No matter how you choose to do things, anything is better than smoking! Congrats on your choice!