It's Here! I Know U All Are Probably Tired Of Me Already.

Erika

Should I go ahead and remove the material under the bridge of the Attie or wait till it tastes burnt? Should I be diluting the eliquid. It seems very syrupy and thick. I think 24 mg is too much for me. Took a few hits and I feel high and nauseous. I did shower and brushed my teeth so that all smoke smell is gone. Still psyched!

Erika

Should I go ahead and remove the material under the bridge of the Attie or wait till it tastes burnt? Should I be diluting the eliquid. It seems very syrupy and thick. I think 24 mg is too much for me. Took a few hits and I feel high and nauseous. I did shower and brushed my teeth so that all smoke smell is gone. Still psyched!

Erika

Not at all tired of you, I suspect most of us just see ourselves in you, and for me that was a few short weeks ago.

I am going to let others chime in about removing the wick. Given I have gone to the eGO tank I dont really use to many regular attys - well actually none.

As far as the few hits effect. If I had to venture a guess it would be that you are vaping like you are smoking, taking a deep inhale as you vape. Its a bit of an adjustment and learning curve to realize vaping is different and your basic technique needs to be different.

When you vape you want to inhale slowly and to some extent take the vape into your mouth and hold it there, then inhale and exhale fairly quickly. The inhale itself is not forced, more like a very light breathing in verse sucking on a straw. A very light inhale. Start out with small inhales first 2 seconds and work your way up.

My first juices were 16 MG (I smoked menthol lights) and I coughed my head off the first few vapes. Now I can vape the 16 MG with 5, 6 second inhales without thinking about it.

I am not sure what juice you ordered, but I know I wouldn't describe mine as thick or syrupy, but perhaps its just not a room temp yet? I didnt have any expectations about its consistency so it just was what is was.

Just remember its a process, its not smoking and just as your first ciggys many years ago it takes a little time. Ask questions as you go and just take it one step at a time/

Your doing good, and asking questions will save you from a lot of headaches.

De wicking attys is a very personal thing. Some people swear by it (to prevent burning) and others say don't do it or only use as a last resort to save the Atty. personally go both ways. Give it a try and make your own decision. I believe it is more commonly done with dripping, but I've yet to try it.

If the flavor or nic is too strong go ahead and mix with a lower level juice. Mixing is always advised! LOL experiment with flavors and you might find a new favorite. Do experiment in small batches in case you don't like it.

Good Luck

and keep asking questions!

Edited by Beans

I have this crazy urge that I need to go outside. I have never smoked inside becaus I have a lot of children. I also never smoked in the car with them. I feel like I am committing a crime by Vaping inside. I also think going outside was my way to get away from them for a few. I may still continue that habit. We'll see. Too bad it is 0 degrees here today.

I have never smoked in my house since I bought it 8 years ago. Living in Florida stepping out is a pretty nice thing normally.

I did beleive I would only vape outside too, for no special reason other then I didnt want to find myself all day vaping - I lied to myself and do find myself vaping inside since I work at home. This is also in part because my vaping behavior is somewhat different than my past smoking. I find myself doing one or two puffs, putting it down and coming back to it as I wish. My tank usage supports this nicely so since the behavior is different I find myself vaping very differently than smoking.

I still step out, but sometimes I just sit here.

Part of the reason I'm still here is to help people get started vaping - when I can. I never get tired of answering questions and I don't think anyone else does either...so no, we're not tired of you.

As far as removing the wick...that's all up to you. I've never tried it, but lots of other people have and love it. If you have several attys (backups), you could remove it from one and compare it to one you leave in. Then you'll know which way you like it best.

The 24mg may well be too much for you. If that's all you have, just vape lightly and not quite as often. Be sure to order some new juice in lower nic levels so you can compare those, too. It all takes time to figure out what works best for you, but you'll get there. I promise. Ripple was right on with the advice on how you vape. Slow, deep inhales into your mouth, then inhale into your lungs. It makes a big difference.

I can't help you with the urge to go outside. I always smoked in the house so I never had a problem vaping in the house. But I can tell you that my house smells a lot better now. I never knew how bad it smelled until I started vaping. Even months later, I'd open a box or tote that had something stored in it from when I did smoke and the smoke smell that would come out just about choked me. It's nice knowing that it will never smell like that again.

Dewicking is personal preference. I do because I use juice with a high VG content and it tends to get gunked up pretty good. As far as the nausea. Try not to vape on an empty stomach and if you are feel light headed your mg strength is probably too high. You can dilute it with distiller water or alcohol but I tend to use food grade vegetable glycerin (VG) and can be bought at walmart.

The light headed nauseous feeling is gone now that I know how to do this properly. I have tried a cartridge and direct dripping into the Attie. I def prefer direct dripping. I think I will save the removal of the fibers until the attie smells burnt or dies. I found a bad side effect of vamping though. I forgot to let the dog out since I am not going outside any more. Lol. Oops.

Erika

Nope not tired of you at all!

This is a whole new experience for a lot of us noobies. I have saved a lot of frustration and time by asking questions. The folks here are ready, willing and able to answer your questions. There are no stupid questions! I heard that all through school and I tell my daughter that all the time. (I just try not to laugh at some of her questions).

I have dewicked my attys because I only use the atty for direct dripping a new juice. I personally use cartos, but I don't want to fill a carto to only find out that I don't like the juice. So for that reason I dewicked the atty. The wick holds in old juices and to avoid having to do a complete cleaning, if I just using it to try a jucie, I have removed the wick. Plus it gave me something new to do. I love new experiences sometimes.

You can try cutting the juice a little with distilled water if it is too strong or too thick. I think the best way would be to get some pg to keep on hand for cutting juice. If you want to play it safe, order the same juice, at least half the nic strength, and mix the two together. It will be a trial and error kind of thing.

I don't vape in front of my daughter out of respect for her. If she is home, I go into another room to indulge in vaping. She does smell and hear my vaping, but she keeps her comments to herself. It is just too darn cold to go outside lately. But I understand we will be getting up into the low to mid 40's next week. Amen!

Keep us up to date. Good luck! Your doing great! :animier:

Don't worry about, the forum is here to answer questions and talk about vaping. We all went through it, it can be a hard transition. I've never de-wicked an atomizer because I haven't found the need and enjoy the atomizer the way it was originally built. When I started vaping for the first week I would get headaches and feel light headed towards to end of the day. The truth of the matter is you're getting more nicotine and less 'byproduct' than you would of from smoking so you can vape more than you smoked. It will subside. I say it's always best to start lower on the Nicotine level than higher. Once you have the flavors, nic strength, and device down, you'll really appreciate vaping way more.

The light headed nauseous feeling is gone now that I know how to do this properly. I have tried a cartridge and direct dripping into the Attie. I def prefer direct dripping. I think I will save the removal of the fibers until the attie smells burnt or dies. I found a bad side effect of vamping though. I forgot to let the dog out since I am not going outside any more. Lol. Oops.

Erika

lol, now that is funny, my dogs would never let me forget them, they get quite insistent if i do forget

lol, now that is funny, my dogs would never let me forget them, they get quite insistent if i do forget

My dog is learning how to take a back seat to my vaping. But, I do need to get back to his training. He is starting to think his name is "Bad Boy". LOL :hrhr: