Vet Travelers Advice Needed.

Beans

:thumbsup: So Hubby surprised me tonight with a Mexican vacation. Were going back to Mazatlan! :thumbsup:

But now I'm verry concerned. What do I need to know before I go?

I'm worried about taking my whole arsenal. Should I carry everything on board with me? My gut says yes absolutely, but there is a limit of how much liquid I can bring. I know, who cares about lotion, tooth paste,deodorant and shampoo. I can do the hippie thing lol.

But what about customs. Every time I have gone over there I have been fortunate enough not to hit the Whammy light but what if I do this time? Will the federalies take my stuff. Could My eGo look dangerous? And what about charging? What if all my attys and batteries die? Yes I should bring everything on second thought. Any ideas to make this less stressful I'd be happy to hear. I'm going to have a panic attack just thinking about.

Thanks all

:thumbsup: So Hubby surprised me tonight with a Mexican vacation. Were going back to Mazatlan! :thumbsup:

But now I'm verry concerned. What do I need to know before I go?

I'm worried about taking my whole arsenal. Should I carry everything on board with me? My gut says yes absolutely, but there is a limit of how much liquid I can bring. I know, who cares about lotion, tooth paste,deodorant and shampoo. I can do the hippie thing lol.

But what about customs. Every time I have gone over there I have been fortunate enough not to hit the Whammy light but what if I do this time? Will the federalies take my stuff. Could My eGo look dangerous? And what about charging? What if all my attys and batteries die? Yes I should bring everything on second thought. Any ideas to make this less stressful I'd be happy to hear. I'm going to have a panic attack just thinking about.

Thanks all

oh my god what are you goimg to do!!!! :unsure: charge everything take extra put one in suit case one in carry on and one in your honey's suit case and pray to the vapor gods that everything go's well i am sure it will but you might want to look into adapter for your stuff i dont know what there called the kind you would need if you were over seas for differant voltage .you may not need one .have in mexico

Any time I go on vacation I do this:

If I have a custom mod I put it in my checked bag. Mods just look to weird to take on airplanes or through customs. I take my eGo with me in a velvet bag. Along with a couple of cartomizers and ONE bottle of e liquid. (10ml)

If you want to take extra atomizers, cartomizers, liquid, chargers etc - Put those in your checked bag and you'll be fine :) (I've been through customs more times than I can count and I've yet to have an issue)

Awesome Nina!!!! What a great surprise! I agree with what Chris said....I wouldn't bring more than one device in the carry on, because it would be hard to justify needing EVERYTHING with you to travel....and then there could be questions as to what it is and why you need to have it WITH you. All the extra stuff I would have in the checked luggage. I think most law enforcement, security and other similar personnel is familiar with the e cig. My husband's brother who is a commander in a police department knew what the e cig was before we had ever heard of it years ago. They keep up on that stuff because they need to know what it is in their line of work. Maybe not in every podunk little town, but I would think customs agents would know what the stuff is. The only real problem would be if you were going to a country where the stuff was flat out banned....but since that isn't the case I don't think you will have any problem.

I follow Chris's plan while traveling. I bring my eGo (one battery/atomizer) and one 10ML bottle on my carry on/backpack. I put the rest of my gear in the checked bag in a carrying case. In the rare case it does get snatched at least you're only out a couple items and not your whole arsenal.

Beans, what great news! I hope you both have a wonderful time.

My motto has always been, when in doubt, check it threw. Just make sure to put your juices in separate plastic bags, sealed up really well. I know that all airliners say that the luggage compartment is pressurized, but every time I have traveled by Air at least one of my liquids have leaked out.

When are you leaving?

:thumbsup:

Well change of plans. My aunt got mad we havent visited and tricked Hubby into going to LB CA instead. She offered to take him to disneyland LOL thats what I get for marrying a younger man. I can't wait! I havent been home for 11 years. I miss Cali very much and can't wait to get some real food. I'm not to worried traveling with my stuff there. I'll call VT if I get myself into trouble LOL.

Well change of plans. My aunt got mad we havent visited and tricked Hubby into going to LB CA instead. She offered to take him to disneyland LOL thats what I get for marrying a younger man. I can't wait! I havent been home for 11 years. I miss Cali very much and can't wait to get some real food. I'm not to worried traveling with my stuff there. I'll call VT if I get myself into trouble LOL.

I've got some back-up gear here in Long Beach if you do get yourself into trouble!! :)

oh my god what are you goimg to do!!!! :unsure: charge everything take extra put one in suit case one in carry on and one in your honey's suit case and pray to the vapor gods that everything go's well i am sure it will but you might want to look into adapter for your stuff i dont know what there called the kind you would need if you were over seas for differant voltage .you may not need one .have in mexico

FYI, even tho you aren't going to Mexico now, you can get a set of adapter plugs for the differant electrical outlets around the world at Walmart, in their luggage section. You may also want to go and get a variable charger (3v etc)for other things like your cell phone, Ipod etc. in the electrical section at Walmart. I got a AA charger for my cellphone, with rechargeable NiCad batteries, that can recharge on a USB port at a battery shop. Don't worry, if they ask, explain and let it go. Most checkpoints have envelopes to send things to yourself if they won't allow it thru, but I really doubt if they will be that squirrely. Enjoy your vacation!