Neotame From Monsanto

AimeeG

ummm... now i cant help but ask this, what is used in e liquids to give off the sweetness? see, dang it, now you got my mind working overtime...

I am guessing that is why they use pg and vg as the liquid/wetting agent, they could have used many, many things, but both those are sweet all on their own. VG is sweeter. Plus many food flavorings are sweet because the flavor itself is sweet.

And if you want to know about the FDA and poison just google "aspartame poisoning"....aspartame is better known under it's brand name "nutra sweet"...it is banned in many other countries because it is POISON. Plain and simple it is poison. Years ago when I first became very ill I was tested for aspartame poisoning...it causes permanent damage and the FDA is WELL aware of this. And you don't need insane levels of it like with saccharin, you just need to consume normal amounts of aspartame. In lab tests it has been proven over and over again to be poisonous, yet the FDA gives the stamp of approval and uninformed people think that MEANS something. They think if the FDA says something is safe, that means it is. Inform yourselves is all I have to say.

yes, i have read about aspartame poisoning, in fact i once worked with a woman that i believe died from it, but who could ever prove that her degrading health, her MS, her Bells Pasy, or her rapidly spreading breast cancer could have had anything to do with her addiction to diet coke

yes, i have read about aspartame poisoning, in fact i once worked with a woman that i believe died from it, but who could ever prove that her degrading health, her MS, her Bells Pasy, or her rapidly spreading breast cancer could have had anything to do with her addiction to diet coke

I knew I didn't have any aspartame poisoning because I don't, and didn't, use any "diet" products or sugar substitutes in general. But the point is that nutrasweet is flat out poison,...the FDA is WELL aware of the fact, there have been many studies and medical journal articles regarding it, it is banned in much of the world, YET it is deemed safe for our consumption in the U.S. Oh yeah, I REALLY trust the freaking FDA....their opinion means oh so much to me.

it is scary, one thing about the FDA, they are in the pockets of the big corporations, they refused to allow Stevia to be sold as a sweetener until big companies like coca cola decided to cash in on the fact that more people have grown aware of the dangers in aspartame, which leads me to wonder just how these companies are going to alter and change Stevia into the newest form of chemical sweetener just to deceive those who have turned to Stevia from the other chemicals...

long ago i told my daughter, no diet sodas! but now i am seeing that i cant even purchase a package of gum without reading the ingredients, it took me over 30 minutes to find that only one flavor of one brand (Trident Cinnamon) did not contain it. And worse yet, in allowing companies to hide the products in foods by allowing them to change the name to further confuse the public its just wrong.

One of the sweeteners a vendor uses is sucralose. I won't be ordering my juice from them anymore with extra sweetness because it gunked up my atties and made my cartos need to be replaced faster. I should've known better. I don't think sucralose is as bad as aspartame/NutraSweet, but I'm going to stay away from it anyhow from now on in my vaping liquids. There's another sweetener I got with some DIY stuff, ethol malto. Haven't really researched this one too much, but I also haven't really used it.

Aspartame/NutraSweet gives me migraines. I avoid it at all costs. Xylitol is in a bunch of gum (I think that's the sweetener part). Since this "neotame" is a derivative of aspartame, I will avoid it at all costs.

i would have to avoid the ethol malto because malto implies malt, im gluten intolerant and cant have malt anything... i guess it would be a good idea for me to find out what sweeteners are used.... xylitol is actually good in gum, you should read about the health benefits of it, it fights cavities and helps children with ear infections, trouble with it as a sweetener such as in coffee is that it has a "mild laxative effect" lmao... mild? not so much.... trust me!

Thanks, easilyamused, about the xylitol info. I love gum and am glad I don't have to avoid it. Trident is my favorite, but not cinnamon; I like the blue wrapper minty flavor. I hope when you order liquids you can check that they don't use ethol malto and I'm sorry about your gluten situation. I'm glad I mentioned it!