Noobie Intrested In Mods.

Beans

Ok I'm seeing all these beautiful mods being made on VT. So I'm kind of interested now, but I have a ton of questions.

Why might I want one?

What are bennifets and draw backs?

Are they more cost effective?

What are the differences between mods other than the way the look and what I am using now?

Quality is very important to me. Do they last well? What about parts and Attys?

How do you choose a mod.

Most importantly What companies sell well made mods? There are a lot of companies I'm finding who sell low quality junk.

I have a Riva and eGo. I'm using a basic 510 Atty, a mega Atty and a clone Atty that I bought at the corner store. I have 2 tanks on the way.

What I like about my set up is the long battery life. I vape constantly day and night. My smaller attys work consistently every time. (knock on wood)

What I really hate.

The constant refilling, it really bugs.

The larger attys are hit and miss with me, they need a lot more fiddling IMO.

Flavors are always changing depending on which Atty I use.

I value everyones opinion here on VT and have never been led astray. I would love to get your take on Mods. A little direction would be appreciated. Thanks All!

The only reason I can see is to either go to a higher voltage or to lower the cost of replacement batteries.Usually around $4.00 or $5.00 for a mod battery .They will and do break everything does ,most can be repaired .A lot of us just keep hoping the next one we buy or make will produce the perfect vape we were expecting from the last one.Cartomisers last longer on a fill ,that is the cross we have to bear drip drip drip.

Edited by mcquinn

:thumbsup:

Ok I'm seeing all these beautiful mods being made on VT. So I'm kind of interested now, but I have a ton of questions.

Why might I want one?

What are the differences between mods other than the way the look and what I am using now?

How do you choose a mod.

Most importantly What companies sell well made mods? There are a lot of companies I'm finding who sell low quality junk.

I have a Riva and eGo. I'm using a basic 510 Atty, a mega Atty and a clone Atty that I bought at the corner store. I have 2 tanks on the way.

What I like about my set up is the long battery life. I vape constantly day and night. My smaller attys work consistently every time. (knock on wood)

What I really hate.

I value everyones opinion here on VT and have never been led astray. I would love to get your take on Mods. A little direction would be appreciated. Thanks All!

I know nothing about Mod's, but I am glad your asking all these great questions. That way, when I win the pretty pink one from the VT Valentine's Day contest, I'll know what I am doing. LOL

Why might I want one?

How do you choose a mod.

What I really hate.

Here goes:

Why? Backups, that's why? LOL And battery life. I went from the 510 to the eGo for battery life. One hour on the 510 battery to 4 to 6 hours on the eGo battery was a big deal for me. I love my Silver Bullet (it takes the 18650 battery) because I can go a day and a half with a battery in it. I can also use different batteries and vape at 6v if I want. Or use my PT and vape at 5v. Altsmoke is no longer selling the PT through for the SB though. The SB is a powerhouse/workhorse. It's heavy and very durable. Very high quality. I like that about it. And the batteries will always be available - even if batteries like the eGo are no longer available (as in the event of a ban). I know of people who have had a SB for about two years now, so yes, they do last. I've had mine for about 10 months and it's just as good today as the day I got it.

I bought the Provape 1 as a backup and because the batteries will always be available. It takes the 14500 - the same as the Mark Mod. The battery life and the availability of them is a big benefit, too. I've only had mine for about a month, so can say exactly how long it will last. But, since it has a lifetime warranty on it, I'd say it will probably last a good long time. You can see the Provape 1 here: http://www.provape.com/category-s/3.htm They also make the Provari and everyone who has one is raving about them. That's an adjustable voltage PV. With the turn of a dial you can go from 3.7v to 6v and everything in between. It's a bit more pricey, but I think it's worth the money.

Drawbacks? None that I know of - on either the SB or the Provape 1.

More cost effective? Yes, in my opinion, they are. Much more.

The only parts you would need with either the SB or the Provape 1 are batteries. And they both take the 510 attys. Or, if you prefer, you can buy an adapter and use the 901 attys on them. Oh! And you can use the 306 attys on them. Lots of options.

For something a bit different, you might want to look at something like the Ali'i. It's a handmade, wooden PV that is a juice box. That means it has a bottle of juice inside the box, which you squeeze to get the juice into the atty instead of dripping all the time. It's a beautiful mod and something I think would be very, very convenient. It's pretty pricey though. It also takes the 18650 battery and uses a 510 (or the others I mentioned above) atty. You can look at them here: http://www.rnrmanufacturing.com/Alii-Custom-Order_p_30.html I think I probably broke down and ordered one a couple of weeks ago. :whistle: (if only Mark made something like this <big sigh>)

There is also the "Stu's Illuminated Juice Box". It's made of plastic, but is basically the same as the Ali'i - a juice box mod. Not nearly as pricey either. Ron does a wonderful paint job on them, too. You can get a hook added to the top of these and then get a lanyard for it so you can wear it around your neck. Nice. You'd never drop it that way and would always know right where it is. It takes the 14500 battery. Well, you can get other versions that take different sized batteries, too. See Uma's picture in the gallery to see the ones she has. Beautiful!!! I liked them so much, I ordered two.

How do you choose a mod? Hmmm. You ask other people what they have and what they like and what is good and what is not good. Oh wait!! You did that. LOL So now you go look at what they are talking about to see if you like them or not. Some things you will like, some you won't. Don't get anything you don't like the looks of. The SB is great, but it is really BIG. You might not want something that big and could rule that out. Otherwise, pay attention to all the features and decide what you need and what you don't. After much thought, you'll figure out what it is you want and need. I've gone through a lot of different PVs since I started vaping. I pretty much liked everything (except the DSE905 - yuck!). I just moved on to bigger and better things. After I got the eGo last February and the SB last May, I didn't feel the need for anything different at all. And until last month when I got the Provape 1 as a backup, I was still good. And then people started talking about the Ali'i and the Stu's Illuminated Juice Box. And they put up links to go look at them. And I fell in love! I couldn't help myself. Honestly, I've been waiting for a really good juice box mod to come out. It's what I've wanted all along. I just hope they live up to my expectations. If they don't? Well, I'm still happy with the others I have. But I think I'm going to be really and truly happy with the juice boxes. It's all about what you want and what works best for you.

Good luck!!

nana wow, thank you! :unworthy: I checked out the SB and the Provape, very intimidating stuff. I wish I could try them out lol. Im going to have to look into the variable voltage and electronics of these things. They seem to be quite complicated for a simpleton like me LOL.The Ali'i is beautiful, I like the idea of not refilling. But the price yikes! Yes, much to consider. Thank you again for educating me.

nana wow, thank you! :unworthy: I checked out the SB and the Provape, very intimidating stuff. I wish I could try them out lol. Im going to have to look into the variable voltage and electronics of these things. They seem to be quite complicated for a simpleton like me LOL.The Ali'i is beautiful, I like the idea of not refilling. But the price yikes! Yes, much to consider. Thank you again for educating me.

You're welcome. Just don't hurry to make a decision. There is much more out there. I only gave you a very few examples. Hopefully someone else will jump in here and tell you about theirs. You're good with the eGo while you do your research. If you find something that looks interesting to you, ask about it here. I'm sure someone will have an answer for you. This is where I've always found my answers.

The SB and Provape are not intimidating at all. You pop a battery inside the unit and you vape just like you do with the eGo. Simple. I don't know much about the variable voltage because I don't have one of those, but I don't think it's very hard either. You just adjust, give it a try, adjust again, etc., until you find the perfect level for yourself.

If you're interested in not refilling, check out the other juice box I mentioned. You can get one for $40 to $50. Uma can tell you more about that one as she already has hers. I'm so jealous!! LOL

Hang in there. Take your time. It's not as scary as it might seem right now. And like I said, you're good with the eGo. I still use mine more than I use anything else. I do like to switch off though.