Ego Tank Conundrum (And New Carto Issues)

AimeeG

Hi! It's your resident having a bad day vaping vaper. Today it continues despite new equipment. :(

When I threw my eGo battery at the wall the other day, I was irritated with the eGo tank atomizer being clogged up and gunky. Probably from the sucralose in my liquid. Anyway, I tossed that tank atty with the battery.

Today I pulled out a fresh eGo Tank atty. Blew it out to get rid of primer. Filled up a tank with a brand-new-to-me flavor liquid. And it tastes like burning plastic. Nasty. The house reeks. I didn't see any "smoke", just vapor from around the edges of the atty as normal when I used it and from when I blew the nasty burning plastic taste out. I used it for a bit longer because I was too lazy to go get a regular LR atty and my drip tip. I pulled out the tank and I could tell by the level of the liquid that it had been used.

The brand-new-to-me liquid smells delicious. It tastes delicious when I licked a drop of it off my finger. I did have it in a LR brand new carto earlier today as well. Unfortunately there must be something wrong with my batch of cartos because they have that sickly sweet, airy taste to them and it didn't last very long, maybe only five draws of this where each one seemed like the end of the liquid in the carto. This sucks because I have 50 of them! (Forty-five left now.) I filled them up normally with the condom fill method with the same amount that I always do in a first fill. But the burnt plastic taste is not the liquid because it didn't taste like burnt plastic in the carto despite it being a pretty bad carto.

So, two questions:

1. When I removed the cover from the tank, I don't think the little piece that gets punctured in was punctured enough, so maybe that was melting and causing this burnt plastic taste. Anyone have thoughts here?

2. I bought 50 of these cartomizers from a reputable vendor because when I did some LR cartos testing I ordered from about five places and picked the best of the bunch for my BIG order. When the big order arrived, the look of them was drastically different in the black wrapper department. I'll admit I wasn't crazy about the way the original perfect batch looked, but I was willing to overlook that for great cartos. Now, the BIG batch looks better, but performs terribly. I can't use the cone (which I love), I can't get good flavor, and they seem empty (and look it too!) after only five normal draws/toots. Is there that much difference between batches of cartos?!?!?

Ok, thanks. Here's to a better vaping tomorrow.

egads, what a bad day! :hug: Hopefully someone with experience and knowledge will come in soon to help. I know there's a trick to filling those cartos, but I'll be danged if I can remember it. (I don't use cartos very much, except the mega monster ones now and then)

I'm sorry your day sucked. My tank is working fine, taste is great, don't know what could be up with yours. I am trying to get away from cartos cause they all taste like that to me after a couple of hours and I can't get that taste out of them, hubby loves them. He uses a strong menthol flavor though and that kind of hides everything else. Pm me or get me on FB, I'm curious where your tank and these cartos came from. I have had a nasty batch cartos and nothing fixes it for me.

I don't know anything about the tank, but I do know a lot about cartos. I ONLY use cartos and have literally hundreds on them from many different vendors....empties as well as prefilled that have been washed, etc. I do NOT use the bottom fill method, it is just too messy, too much waste. i take the cap off the top and fill by dripping into the top. There is a dramatic difference, even in the exact same batch as to the amount of liquid they will hold. A completely clean/dry one in my experience will hold between 16-30 drops....I am talking regular sized cartos. Obviously the ones with more liquid in them you can vape for a longer amount of time. I go through easily 8 of them a day....but I prefill them so I make sure i always have dozens of them ready to go. Now I never get them to that burning taste.....when you use them a lot you can tell before you ever get to that point that they are getting dry. For one thing when they are really nice and full they make that crackling sound...like snapping and popping, sizzling, however you want to describe it. Anyway, they start producing less vapor and the sizzling sound gets less and less, and once you are really used to using them, you can just see all the signs that it is running low,and of course taking into consideration how much and long you have been using it. Anyway, I think a lot of it is a matter of just getting used to a particular thing and knowing how it works etc.

That whole tank, battery, atty thing, omg, what a disaster! I would write whoever you got the cartos from and tell them they suck and you would like an exchange....OF ALL of them....including the ones you tried to use. ANY decent vendor will exchange them and if they don't you know to never deal with them again. I totally believe you can get a whole bad batch. This stuff is made in China....they don't exactly have the highest standards and quality control. We have gotten 5 packs of cartos where none of them worked...tried them on all different batts, PTs, etc....nothing, dead. Then we have gotten some where just one is bad. I always write whoever I got them from and have NEVER had a problem with getting replacements and so far no one has even wanted the bad ones back....of course those were a few cartos, not 50. I would also mention that you want to be compensated for the return shipping costs. YOU should NOT have to eat the cost of mailing back defective products. Usually you will be compensated in the form of free product, but whatever, you should not have to pay for that. I think you can get dead, bad, not properly functioning products as a batch, mixed into a batch, just isolated stuff, etc.

For instance I ordered an Elegant Easy starter kit from cigeasy.com.....both batteries appeared to be charged when I got them. I put them each on the charger for the 8 hours as suggested even though the charger indicated they were charged, but whatever, if that somehow helps the battery then fine, I will do it. The instructions said that they need to be charged before initial use, no matter what the indicator says. Okay, so anyway, after that I used the one battery until it was dead. The weird thing was that the indicator light on the battery, never did that repeated blinking thing....it just stopped working. Well I was not familiar yet with them, so I put it on the charger BUT again the light never blinked, the indicator light on the usb turbo charger remained green. Okay, so it is on there while I am using the second battery....so when that one died it did blink repeatedly. I put it on the charger and immediately the light on the battery blinked a bunch and then the indicator on the usb turned red. So I try to use the other battery...the one that never blinked, etc....nothing. SO I write Frank at cig easy, and he says he tests every battery before it is shipped, that is part of the fun of his job, and that this product is a solid performer, with few problems. Well, guess what, this is one of the few problems. So I explain to him that by just sticking a carto on it and trying it he would NOT have known there was any problem. It worked just fine, until it died and then wouldn't take a charge. So unless he used it, then put it on a charger he wouldn't ever know it had THIS particular problem. Anyway, I returned the defective battery, he sent me a new one at the same time and a few prefilled cartos for my trouble and the new battery came and everything is perfectly fine. SO even with vendors checking things they can miss issues, and with cartos of course they can't test them at all.....so there will be DOA cartos and just plain messed up cartos. THAT is about the ONLY issue I have with these products...the qualit control sucks. If our stupid government would stop being jerkwads just trying to dismiss and ban things, there is actually money to be made, jobs to create, by making the stuff HERE instead of us being FORCED to import and buy chinese products. Think of the jobs that could be created. Of course that would likely increase the price since our minimum wage is FAR higher than what workers are paid in China. BUT I think MOST people would be willing to pay a bit more to get GOOD reliable products. If anyone was smart, they would get this going here.....there is no reason these things can't be made here, and in general we have much better quality control and standards. Anyway, contact the vendor immediately. I hope you have a MUCH better day vaping!!!

Today I pulled out a fresh eGo Tank atty. Blew it out to get rid of primer. Filled up a tank with a brand-new-to-me flavor liquid. And it tastes like burning plastic. Nasty. The house reeks. I didn't see any "smoke", just vapor from around the edges of the atty as normal when I used it and from when I blew the nasty burning plastic taste out. I used it for a bit longer because I was too lazy to go get a regular LR atty and my drip tip. I pulled out the tank and I could tell by the level of the liquid that it had been used.

I would like to announce that you've JINXED ME!

No probs until I read this this morning, then as my tank was empty I refilled. 1 puff, 2 puffs.. fine. Puff 3? BURNING PLASTIC-EY TASTE.

Now I have to clean and clean the atty and toss the tank with the last of my lovely Pink Spot Raspberry...

I don't believe in anything... EXCEPT THE JINX. And you've done it to me MS. AIMEEG! CURSES!

Tank Curse? :crybaby:NOOOooooooo? Say it isn't so. Oh dear Vapor Gods. I shouldn't have stopped here to read this.

Mine SB here tomorrow. I hope they work.

Please let us know if you fix the problems. I'm so sorry that's happening to you both. Poor Aimee I have had more than my fair share of those days too.

Here's to more luck :clover: :clover: :clover:

ok... mine is fixed. I tossed the offending tank and gave the atty a good blowing :rolleyes: and a healthy wipedown. Let it dry burn a little while lightly blowing into it clearing out some... noxious fumes. Filled up a new tank with some Boba's (figured a strong tabaccy flavor would at least mask it) and vaped a bit without inhaling to sorta kinda prep and wet the wick and avoid the badness and then a vape or 2 after that and it was right as rain.

thanks for the :clover:

Hummm I've refled the tank a bunch if times, no plastic taste? I use VT Juice in it witch is 100 pg. I did try some VG and it did not wick well. The one thing I have noticed tho is sometimes it dosent wick so I give the tank a few full spins and a tap or two I can see lil air bubbles coming up so I know the liquid is getting on the wick so I tap a few more times and give it a few spins and all is good again. I love my tank but I haven't had any problems that wernt fixed by the above method. So give that a whirl. Hopefully it will help. Also on a side note lisa (mastifmom) uses vg and she says she hasent had any problems, but for me it would not wick well, so imo, pg works the best.

You know in hindsight I am thinking my atty was just getting gunked up, switched over to the other atty that I cleaned the other day and used a different tank and all is well, but I still think I am just going to discard the tank that I was getting the burnt taste from.

Being a noob still sometimes its hard to know the cause of your issues since you still dont have the experience to know.

Anyway back in business and doing good.

Hey beans, how's the tanK today? I swiched flavors today, a quick blow out and wipe down, rinsed out the tank, filled, tap tap watched the lil bubbles, spin, spin, tap tap a few more bubbles, boom been working great all day long, and a quick switch over!

DJJROCK! After 24 hours of near constant use (insomnia last night) 9 tank and 3 battery changes the same Atty is going strong, I'm very happy with the unit as of now. The flavors aren't quite as strong but it makes my living room cloudy :thumbsup: I read your previous post and just started shaking and tapping every so often though it was working fine with no problems arising. I saw some YouTube videos that also suggested dry vaping for a while since it seems to hold quite a bit of juice in the Atty itself. So I'm doing that also. I must say so far I'm in love and don't plan on buying anything other than more TAttys . How are you doing with yours?

I do love my TAttys as well - I do notice condensation that builds up in the air channel portion of the tank, when you get too much condensation it clearly does negatively impact the vapor flow, when that happens I let the tank empty then rinse her out and go to a dry one.

Ok 26 hours of power vaping and I think it might be time to clean my Atty. I just placed a fresh tank of 24 mg tobacco very light in color on Atty and tank juice turned very dark. The draw and flavors are changing also. I have been using every flavor I have up to now. So off to soak in hot water, blow and dry.

Thanks for that tip ripple. I just noticed the condensation.

NEWS FLASH ***** MY TANK ATTY CAME IN TODAY! *****

I'm sure just about everyone here is sick and tired of my wining about waiting for the tank atty to come (I was getting sick of listening to myself! LOL).

The best news is "It works"!

But, its like going back to school after you have been out for a while. The tank is a whole new ball of wax. I have been sucking on carto's. I went to inhale on my tank, the way I inhale with a carto, and I just about died. OMG, I got the nasty burning taste in my mouth and lungs. My first thought was, this is crap, but then I remembered Aimee's post about the nasty plastic taste she got. I went back and watched videos on the subject to find out what I was doing wrong.

I learned: not to fill the cart up to much. If you do, it will not allow air to get in so the juice will flow into the atty like it should at first. When using a cart for the first time, when you push it into the atty and puncture the plastic top, twist the cart around a couple of times just to make sure the plastic piece that the atty cut out, does not get in the way of juice getting into the atty. High levels of VG does not work well in the tank. It is too thick to keep the atty wicked. Most importantly, you take a slow and steady inhale.

Over all, I love it and it was well worth the loooong wait.

Thanks everyone for being patient with me when I couldn't be patient. :thumbsup:

Congrats Sharon. Worth the wait huh?? I'm glad it finally arrived!!

Yes Sir, it was! At least once I got the kinks worked out!

Thanks CDATundra, you were a huge supporter of my "Waiting for my tank to come in" craziness. My medicine has arrived! :jump:

i got my tank parts tonight, and yep, you guessed it, im here re reading this thread because i got the icky burnt plastic taste as well, and the juice turned brown... but i did not toss the tank, i tried another and remembered this thread... i then cleaned out the first tank and tried it again with a only a little juice in it... got it working, ...

now to get used to it....