I Can Smell My Husbands "vape"

genieangel

At first I thought the vaping was pretty much odorless however today I went in the car with him and did smell a light cigarette smell from his e-cig ego.

I didn't mind the smell at all, it was a very light smell, nice actually, but it was not odorless.

Has anyone experienced the same or is it just me?

It all depends on the e-juice. Some flavors smell stronger than others. Fruity flavors tend to not smell as much to me, but I can definitely smell tobacco and sweet flavors like caramel.

Oh yea genieangel. The smell of vaping is, in most cases, very pleasant. A much welcomed change from smoking. My family loves the smell of caramel cream and waffle e-juices.

the smell from the apple cinnamon is nice also. now the Mar-Boh tobacco has a musty smell to it. Chocolate mint is good, but I had someone tell me the smell from it was harsh.

My co-worker always asks me to vape my Atomic Cinnacide when I'm with her and then rhapsodizes about the smell. :thumbsup:

My husband requested that I not vape chocolate peanut butter brownie any more. It makes him crave Reese's peanut butter cups. LOL

One day I had been vaping Atomic Cinnacide. We went through the drive-thru at Dairy Queen and when the girl opened the window she said, "Yum!!! It smells like cinnamon candies!!" I guess that one lingers a bit.

It totally depends on the liquid and how strong the flavor it. Like there is certain coffee e liquid my husband vapes and I can smell a sweet smell when he exhales either VERY close to me, or in the car or other small confined space. He says the same about my pumpkin spice. I can also usually smell his grape and cherry, just like a faint fruit smell. These are food grade flavorings and it makes sense, because taste is related to smell. If you squeeze your nose shut and vape, and keep your nose shut all the way through the exhale, there is NO flavor...you can't taste without smell. So flavorings, especially the stronger and more distinct flavorings will have a smell, just as some liquids smell VERY strong in the bottle. But then the less strong, more mellow type flavors, like white chocolate, those you can't smell really from exhaled vapor. Also some people are much more sensitive to smell and can smell things other people don't smell.

It totally depends on the liquid and how strong the flavor it. Like there is certain coffee e liquid my husband vapes and I can smell a sweet smell when he exhales either VERY close to me, or in the car or other small confined space. He says the same about my pumpkin spice. I can also usually smell his grape and cherry, just like a faint fruit smell. These are food grade flavorings and it makes sense, because taste is related to smell. If you squeeze your nose shut and vape, and keep your nose shut all the way through the exhale, there is NO flavor...you can't taste without smell. So flavorings, especially the stronger and more distinct flavorings will have a smell, just as some liquids smell VERY strong in the bottle. But then the less strong, more mellow type flavors, like white chocolate, those you can't smell really from exhaled vapor. Also some people are much more sensitive to smell and can smell things other people don't smell.

That is very true but even if they can smell it, not all can sit there and say they enjoy it. Sadly in my case, my own mother and sister dislike the smell of any exhaled vapor. Whether it be from a fresh coffee smell to a fruity blueberry aroma to even a spicy cinnamon scent, they just really don't like it. Everyone reacts to things differently than others.

That is very true but even if they can smell it, not all can sit there and say they enjoy it. Sadly in my case, my own mother and sister dislike the smell of any exhaled vapor. Whether it be from a fresh coffee smell to a fruity blueberry aroma to even a spicy cinnamon scent, they just really don't like it. Everyone reacts to things differently than others.

Like I said, some people are more sensitive than others. My parents didn't ever allow smoking in their house. My mom says she can smell the exhaled vapor sometimes if I am sitting right next to her. Fortunately it doesn't bother her. But if it did I just wouldn't vape in their house, I would just go out like I did with smoking. For 30 yrs I went outside to smoke in sub zero temps, when it was hot and humid etc., so I would really have no problem with vaping outside. I never started vaping in order to get around not being able to vape in places where I wasn't permitted to smoke. In someone else's home or property I respect whatever rules they impose, whether it be about vaping/smoking, or where I can eat or drink, etc. My parents make everyone remove shoes the moment you enter their home too, fine with me. NO ONE is permitted to eat or drink anywhere other than at their dining room table too. So if they said no vaping, that is fine. Actually they are SO thrilled with me not smoking they would probably just move a few feet away. I am lucky though, while they (mostly my mom) can smell certain liquids it in no way bothers them nor do they think it is a bad smell or anything. I have problems with perfumed products, so I totally understand someone who is sensitive to a scent. You know though, I find it funny that with vaping, someone would expect you to just not do it around them, BUT if their perfume or cologne made you violently ill (I get migraines and vomit from strong perfumes.....EVERYTHING I use is unscented or like I use vinegar or other things to clean) how many people you think would stop wearing perfume? I mean that is totally unnecessary too. I have had to leave many functions and areas due to people wearing perfumes. There was a segment on 20/20 about it...apparently it is a preservative used in many perfumes that makes people sick, much like MSG in food....which also makes me violently ill. So I would TOTALLY respect someone being sensitive to any odor from my e cig......I wish people respected the fact that their perfume makes me sick! I don't NEED to vape around people who get sick from the smell and they don't NEED to wear perfume either....and it isn't that I just don't like the smell, it makes me sick, to the point of being violently ill. The bad thing is that the scent/chemicals, stay in your nasal passage even after the person leaves, so it isn't just a matter of walking away and all is well. It takes hours to stop bothering me. But in a larger space, like a restaurant, if we are seated right next to someone where I can smell perfume, we just ask to be seated somewhere else.....I would like to see what would happen if I demanded they leave. But smokers and anything that resembles smoking is frowned upon, where spraying perfume all over yourself is viewed as some sort of positive, luxury, desirable thing, even if it bothers other people, and I know I am not the only person who gets sick from that.

Julie, I get that too, the perfume causing nausea and migraines. (Forgot that one in my migraine thread.) Anyway, the junior high students where I work, and am required by contract to do hall duty between classes, spray cologne, Axe (nasty stuff, that), perfume, body sprays, hand sanitizer, lotion, etc., by their lockers and in my classroom. I can never catch the culprits in the hallway, but in my classroom, where I've stated plenty of times scents make me ill, they know they are getting a phone call home. Honestly, I'd rather smell their new-found body oder than smell their nasty Britney or Hannah perfume.

As to smelling the vape, most people I've been around really don't mind it. I never smoked in front of my parents, but yesterday I was really tempted to tell them I had quit (they HAD to've known I did it by the way people smell to me now when they get out of their car after smoking) just so I could vape while I graded papers and watched a hockey game over there. I didn't though. I did puff a few times in the bathroom and was prepared to tell them, if they noticed the smell, that I had used some lotion that smelled like that in there. Thankfully they didn't because in the case if Mom really liked, I wouldn't've been able to produce said lotion!