Big Stu's Illuminated Juice Box Mod

Uma

• 4 weeks later...

update:

It's been approx 9 weeks since purchase, and I'm still using it all day every day, as well as my eGo. There are 3 problems that I've had of late, and all 3 were fixed without any due hassle.

1. Lanyard eyehook came off.

A. Fixed within 5 minutes with a touch of super glue.

2. Paint scratched off here and there, normal wear and tear.

A. Touched up with fingernail polish in matching color and can't even tell.

3. Button stuck a few times.

A. Thank goodness for the turn off switch!

B. Fix #1.-- pushed the button rapidly to dislodge any stickiness. Fixed.

C. Fix #2 -- gave it a nice alcohol bath as pre-suggessted by Nana.

No other "issues" to report. Maybe next update! :)

I don't know how many weeks I've had mine. A couple less than Uma. I'm as happy with mine as she is with hers. Even though I now have the Ali'i, too, I use my OGs a lot. There are just a lot of times they are handier than the bigger Ali'i. But the Ali'i is better (as in batteries and juice lasting longer) when on the road for awhile. I had a problem with a switch on one of mine from the first...much the same problem as Uma mentioned...but the fixes quit working. I asked about it and was told to send it in for repair - which I did. Wonderful customer service!! My biggest problem is that now I only have one OG to use while the other is gone. No OG backup? What?!!! This can't be!! Problem fixed...ordered two more OGs as backups to my first OGs. I'm just practicing what I preach. :innocent:

So way cool you have your backups coming in. What a relief he is fixing your broken one. I hope mine won't stop ... I haven't any backups yet because my backup money went on new tires for the Grissly. Now I'm on pins and needles and there's no way hubby will part with his ... or is there... hmmmm, let me think on that for a little while lol.

It is grand isn't it, Kitsune! I'm beginning to think it's more than just a "starter/affordable" mod. In fact, I, like Nana, enjoy it so much I wouldn't mind buying one every month if need be just to have one ... well, hubby might mind lol, but... the point is how happy I am with it. You'd probably like one a lot too. They're so hassle free... just fill the bottle with juice and off you go. I hope you do get to treat yourself to one.

Hey what do you use on your OG mod? I got a 306 LR but I let my husband use it and he burnt up my one and only drip tip. :X Which makes me laugh.

Since then I have been using Boge LR cartomizers. I know it sounds funny cuz there's no need for a carto really, but it is goooooooood. B)

Right now I'm using LR 510 attys. I was using LR 306, but my drip tip cracked and I can't use it now. I was thinking I tried a cartomizer on it, but now I'm not so sure I did. I don't have any left or I would give it a try.

I use a Cisco LR 306 and love it. I had to replace one drip tip so far, but fortunately I had purchased the "get 2 plus a dt" pkgs and was ready. Just don't push it down onto the atty, let it slide on down on it's own accord after it heats up and you should do fine. Cisco has a tutorial on his website. Be sure to follow the instructions and it will last a long long while. In fact, I'm still using the same Cisco LR 306 that I started out with on my 2nd day of ownership. The Cisco and the OG were made for each other. :) (just be sure to let it cool before squeezing or topping off so the coil doesn't weaken and break). I haven't tried a cartomizer on it, because the Cisco brings out the clean flavor, like direct dripping does.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my Old Goat Mods 3.7v Bottomfeeder!

I've got it yesterday. I cant believe how small it is! Its works great. I've been using a Joye 510 LR on it.

I have one protected and one IMR batteries. I cant tell the difference between the 2 when vaping.

The switch is very light. I am not sure of propper technique yet. I seem to hold it in my left hand and activate the switch with my left ring finger. Then sqeeze the bottle with ring finger and thumb.

I love this hobby!

Oh I'm so glad you like it. Aren't they the nicest poeople to work with?

One thing I have found is that I had a lot of trouble tasting juices before but since I got my OG, I can taste things I never tasted before. I'm like a kid in a candy store!

• 2 weeks later...

:jump: Congrats and welcome to the OG family!

I hold mine in left hand too (I'm a rightie). But I use my middle finger to switch it on/off and for the ignite switch. I use my thumb and index or middle finger for the squeeze.

Glad you're liking it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nana, thanks. Right now I am using a LR fluxomizer on it, the juice taste awesome. Maybe I am a little slow, what is the best way to fill the bottle? I never DD so how often do I push bottle? I feel like a newbie again :withstupid:

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines