My New Ali'i

Dose

I have to tell you Dose I am a tad pevved at you! Every since I read this thread and started doing the research on this I have been obsessed by the thing. I am telling you its making me crazy!!

I have to ask - how did you manage to land one, I have been reading the hundreds of pages and what is still not clear to me is how you know when ordering is going to open? I fully get that when it does the window can be just minutes before its sold out. I am unclear as to how you know in advance (or do you not know) when that window opens.

Glad to hear your enjoying it so much and its living up to your expectations.

I cheated a little to get mine. I emailed him about doing a custom one with woods he didn't offer on his site. With that i ninja my way in there to get one when ordering was closed.I'm sure the custom value is the reason and i'll also use it again when i get a VV one. Hopefully is will work twice :shiftyninja:

If i'm not mistaken next friday at 7est orders will be open again but only for about 5 to 10 min.He will announce in that tread that nana posted when orders will be open.

But you have to be QUICK or you'll miss out.like i said 5-10min and thats it.

It's also a good idea to be ready ahead of time. Register on his site so that is done. Then fill out your order with whichever wood you are wanting for the spine and covers, VV or 3.7/6v, and brass or stainless catch cup. Have that page ready to go before the ordering actually opens. Then when it opens, all you have to do it hit order and go through the whole checkout thing. You can get an order in very quickly that way. I got mine done in about two minutes - the very first time I tried.

It's also a good idea to be ready ahead of time. Register on his site so that is done. Then fill out your order with whichever wood you are wanting for the spine and covers, VV or 3.7/6v, and brass or stainless catch cup. Have that page ready to go before the ordering actually opens. Then when it opens, all you have to do it hit order and go through the whole checkout thing. You can get an order in very quickly that way. I got mine done in about two minutes - the very first time I tried.

Part of the obsession - I have done all that! I am ready right now :thumbsup:

I guess my challenge is the Friday 8 pm thing, I guess the wife is just gonna have to accept that we can't head down to our local pub right away on a Friday night!

I am pretty sure I was to go yellow heart spine with he bloodwood body and I might go ahead with VV. What do you mave Nana?

Edited by ripple

I don't have mine yet, but ordered the ebony spine with bubinga covers and stainless catch cup. I didn't go with the VV because I'm still not convinced I want to go that route. Maybe someday, but for now I'm good with the 3.7/6v.

Obsession? Really? I only had my order ready to go for two weeks...refreshing the page a couple of times a day, watching the thread (on that other forum) a couple of times a day, talking myself into or out of it several times a day (even until the last few moments before ordering because the price jumped $15. in those last few moments)...is that obsession? Hmmm.... :innocent:

FYI My first AW 2200mah battery just died.So that means i'm just short by 2 hrs or so of getting 2 full days out of it.Since I got it it's been the only pv I've used.I've prolly ran 6ml through it so far.

I'm so glad you ordered yours Nana, I think you'll be ecstatic when it arrives!! Your obsession is a good thing. Really it is!! Honest!!!

Wow! Love your photo's with the guitar... they are a match made in heaven. You're so lucky to have just one of the toys, let alone both! How do you find time to vape or play the guitar with all that happy dancing you must be doing?

So....its been a couple of days now, how is the love affair with the Ali'i going??

I am more curious then ever since I took the plunge last night and got in when the ordering opened - first try and I scored! Now the wait begins.

Congrats to you too Ripple!! What combo did you order? Can't wait to see it and Nana's.

Thanks, I went with a combo I have yet to see, Yellowheart spine/top/bottom and Bloodwood body. I also decided to go ahead and get the VV and give it a go!

Trying not to think about it toooo much since I know it will be 4 to 5 weeks, that puts me at late March. But I know its just a matter of time before I start ordering the batteries, chargers, attys etc.

Thanks, I went with a combo I have yet to see, Yellowheart spine/top/bottom and Bloodwood body. I also decided to go ahead and get the VV and give it a go![/b]

Trying not to think about it toooo much since I know it will be 4 to 5 weeks, that puts me at late March. But I know its just a matter of time before I start ordering the batteries, chargers, attys etc.

I think you made a great call going with vari-volt on it as well! I mean hell, why not be able to completely dial in each atty/carto that you use that has a different resistance?? I think that was a 'no brainer' right there! I currently have several 'vari-volt' mods in rotation right now as well. I have had good luck with them all thus far too.

@JROCK... It sounds like you need to "get up off that thang", get that *** in gear... and get to rockin' on those "J-ROX BOX/BURNT WOOD BOX MODS"! I really enjoy seeing what you create from box to box... it simply amazes me to no end man! How sweet would THAT be... for me to be able to add a "JROX BOX" to my list of HAND MADE devices!! I'm just sayin... :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE