Getting A Burnt Taste Out Of A New Ego. Desperate.

So i bought a janty eGo xl, with 2 batteries and 2 atomizers (1 normal and 1 low resistance). out of the box, they were godlike, while vaping, i got lots of smoke, that very pleasant taste, and no burning or anything...

i kept vaping them, topping off the cartridges every once in a while (approx 5 drops for every 10 minute of usage, also dropping couple of drops on the attys), until they were full. But now, 2 days later they vape like crap, i cant feel any flavor from both attys, they taste like burning plastic. i got frustrated, removed the fabric under the mesh, and it was a bit dark in some places, but still had that burning "sensation", soaked one atty in peroxide, the other in vodka, nothing. dry cleaned them, still the same. i am using janty e-liquid. is there anything i can do? just ordered some 510 cartos, and an janty xl atty, but until i get them, do i have any options?

thanks for reading this, Tom.

EDIT: Thank you for all the replies!

Edited by swatsqad

its the wick! if fired when dry the wick burns. its under the metal bridge in the atty. i ALWAYS pull my wic out if i can see it, does no harm, bad taste goes away

i removed as much wick as i could... so i guess its now fried to the heating element? any remedies?

Either the wicking under the atty is melted to the coil and it's toast. Or, it could possibly be the material in the cartridge. It doesn't take long for that stuff to start getting dried up too many times and melting/burning on the bridge. This happens to a lot of folks... and a simple 'drip tip' is the easiest way to fix that. Just start direct dripping then. If I were you I would try using a cart with no filler and just direct drip and see what happens. Who knows they may already be toast... worth a try I would guess.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Either the wicking under the atty is melted to the coil and it's toast. Or, it could possibly be the material in the cartridge. It doesn't take long for that stuff to start getting dried up too many times and melting/burning on the bridge. This happens to a lot of folks... and a simple 'drip tip' is the easiest way to fix that. Just start direct dripping then. If I were you I would try using a cart with no filler and just direct drip and see what happens. Who knows they may already be toast... worth a try I would guess.

just tried that, the flavor is still unpleasant, and after 2-3 puffs i get that harsh burn again.

Yeah, that sux... I bet the wicking is already fried into place then. If that's the case I would say go ahead and get some more on order and try to make due with what you've got on hand. Oh yeah, and don't forget to de-wick your new ones. :thumbsup:

actually, soaking it 4 hours in coke, then drying it on a radiator somewhat worked. i'll try keeping the atty wet, and give you a status report tomorrow.

any other suggestions on how to revive attys like mine?

Unfortunately, my wife doesn't let me use (HER) stove or (HER) kitchen for that matter, so I can't comment on boiling.

So being the innovative guy I am, I use an empty 50ml plastic bottle, ream out the top so a 510 atty fits snuggly, thread side in, and use it to flush out the atty when the burnt flavor shows up.

After blowing out all the water, I find that if you flood the atty with juice and blow it out a couple times, it seems to do the trick.

It may take a few times to break them in again.

This works well enough for me, hope you find your method.

Edited by Ray

Unfortunately, my wife doesn't let me use (HER) stove or (HER) kitchen for that matter, so I can't comment on boiling.

So being the innovative guy I am, I use an empty 50ml plastic bottle, ream out the top so a 510 atty fits snuggly, thread side in, and use it to flush out the atty when the burnt flavor shows up.

After blowing out all the water, I find that if you flood the atty with juice and blow it out a couple times, it seems to do the trick.

It may take a few times to break them in again.

This works well enough for me, hope you find your method.

Hahaha......Smart Wife. She just doesn't want to clean up your mess. :innocent:

Good info thanks.

1. If you are using the standard Carts--sometimes the atty actually melts the edges of the cart and gives a nasty plastic taste.

2. Sometimes a few strands of wick get stuck to the coil. my process for fixing this is: 1. Gently push a corner of kleenex or paper towel into the open end of the atty. 2. Blow through the battery end of the atomizer to dislodge any extra liquid or debris left under the bridge. can use compressed air to dislodge debris. 3. let the atty sit with the kleenex/papertowel in the atty. you will be surprised at how much liquid gets trapped in there.

Make sure you reprime the atty with 3-4 drops of liquid before using.

3. Using a drip tip solves the melting cart problem. If you are using standard carts--dripping saves time and frustration. I found I was frequently topping off the carts--the filler can't wick fast enough to keep up with my vaping.

4. and of course removing the wick--The wick is designed to help wick the liquid to the coil when using carts.

Lots of trial, error and trouble shooting. I promise it really does get easierpunk.gif