New To Mixing/flavor Advice

taylorj

So I'm semi new to mixing at this point. So far I just have a few flavors and am looking at expanding my colection a LOT. I was wonderig what some of your favorite flavorings are and in which brands. It seems like you can get most of the same flavors in all of the different brands I've looked at, but I'm sure some are better than others.

Just off the top of my head I'm looking for a good peach, a cherry that doesn't remind me of robatussin, a mild creamy chocolate kind of like a milk chocolate, a really dark chocolate, an at least somewhat natural tasting banana, and a good cola,

Any good recipes you've tried would be great too, especially chocolatey ones. I'm not a huge chocolate fan but my sisters are and it's looking like I'm be mixing for all 3 of us!

Chocolate is a hard one to come by. It never tastes quite right. some flavors are just very hard to replicate. I have the same problem with cherry flavors--they taste more like cough syrup.

I really like the forest fruit flavor from flavourart--sold at freedomsmokeusa My link or ecig express My link. When using Flavourart I really prefer the Apple Pie, Tiramisu, cookie, hazelnut, expresso and Menthol.

I add Menthol (just a couple drops) to all my mixes--add a bit of a cool throat hit and enhances the flavors.

When Using Loranns-- I like the raspberry, watermelon, Cotton candy (for sweetness) or Marshmallow (for sweetness). Their peach isnt too bad. the cherry was very cough syrup to me. Haven't tried their chocolate.

I have also heard good things about faeries finest My link. They are next on my list to try.

Unfortunately mixing involves a bit of trial and error. We all taste a bit different.

Here are some recipes: My link

some DIY information: My link

Just a note from another fairly new 'MIXOLOGIST'... I started with a bunch of different Loranns flavors and went through all of them. I wasn't really THAT impressed so I started doing some research and found Perfumer's Apprentice. I have tried a BUNCH of different ones from them already (just ordered another 20 flavors lastnight) and found them to be a bit weaker... but a lot better quality. Nearly every single Loranns I had was some shade of 'dark'. Almost every single PA flavoring I got in my first batch were clear or nearly clear. I also found them to have a better/cleaner taste than the others or something. I just found that I needed to up my % of flavoring for some of them when mixing. A 15ml bottle for under $4 isn't too bad either really. I'd say to try more than one make of flavorings to see what you personally prefer. I just decided that I much prefer my flavorings to be on the clear side vs. the darker side. JMHO.

It really is nice to know with confidence that you can make several different juices that you really like though... so it's well worth the effort you put into it. Just keep in mind that alot of it in the beginning is trial and error. You will probably end up dumping more then you keep when you first start. Don't give up though! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

yeah I have some loranns now, but the flavor selection locally kinda sucks. I liked the raspberry pretty well and the english toffee wasn't horrible. The cherry and the strawberry were both pretty bad. Cherry was like robatussin, and the strawberry tasted ok on the 1st puff or 2 but seemed to turn very perfumy after that. I also got a rootbeer, but it was so dark it kind of creeped me out...

I like the idea of trying the loranns a bit better because you can get such small bottles of it and you aren't out much if it's bad, but so far I haven't been terribly happy with it.

what wou you guys consider the some of the most versatile flavors in your collections?

I read a post, I think it was by kitsune, talking about using loranns cotton candy as a sweetener, and am planning to order a big bottle of that. I'd also like a big cream is the loranns bavarian cream alright?

I'm not sure which ones you are referring to about the bottle size. But I think they all sell the little dram bottle that you are speaking of though. What I did when I first placed my order for PA flavors, was get those little tiny bottles like you are talking about, that way I could try them all before I went to the larger size. PA flavorings are a lot different than Lorans to me. I don't know exactly how to describe it... but they just seem 'cleaner' or something. It may just be in my head since they are all nice and basically all clear! I only had 2 or 3 out of 20 that I didn't care fore though. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

And I have found that the Bubble Gum from PA works great for a sweetener as well! Another mainstay in my collection, not really a "flavoring", is Menthol. I honestly add a bit of menthol to every juice that I will be vaping! It's strange... I never smoked menthols back in the day either.

Edited by DAYVAPE

NONE of my PA flavors were even close to tasting like that for me Jolly... thank God or I would have been pissed off! I don't know what ones you are talking about though, but it must be the ones other than the 25-30 I've tried so far. LOL. Luckily for me, I just ordered a bunch more that I know I already like.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I never got why just the flavour oils themselfs are So expensive.. i mean its 5 mills. the bottles themselfs come in 50 mills for likr $5, then again i have only found 5 flavours in the super market that would not harm the atty, i am looking for an aussie company that supply flavours,

yeah I have some loranns now, but the flavor selection locally kinda sucks. I liked the raspberry pretty well and the english toffee wasn't horrible. The cherry and the strawberry were both pretty bad. Cherry was like robatussin, and the strawberry tasted ok on the 1st puff or 2 but seemed to turn very perfumy after that. I also got a rootbeer, but it was so dark it kind of creeped me out...

I like the idea of trying the loranns a bit better because you can get such small bottles of it and you aren't out much if it's bad, but so far I haven't been terribly happy with it.

what wou you guys consider the some of the most versatile flavors in your collections?

I read a post, I think it was by kitsune, talking about using loranns cotton candy as a sweetener, and am planning to order a big bottle of that. I'd also like a big cream is the loranns bavarian cream alright?

As you can tell we all have different preferences. I agree completely with Dayvape--I really try to stick to the clearer flavors. The Dark ones really kinda scare me, and Lorann has some that are really, really dark--then again it really is a candy/food flavoring. The Bavarian Cream has a sharp flavor to me--I have not had much luck with cream flavors.

I have ordered from the Lorann site--you see the color and check the item for water solubility. I like the Cotton candy, Marshmallow and champagne flavors for adding background and sweetness.

I also really like the Lorann watermelon-the color is a bit fluorescent in the bottle, but once mixed, the color fades to a very pale color. The Pina colada flavor is also great for tropical mixes.

Mostly I use flavourart--I really love the Apple Pie, Tiramisu, Expresso, Forest Fruit, Menthol, Hazelnut and vanilla. These are the flavors I use most often.

We all have different tastes and preferences, unfortunately the only way to find out what works is trial and error.

I Too add a few drops of menthol to all my mixes--add a bit of cool throat hit without tasting like menthol.

I never got why just the flavour oils themselfs are So expensive.. i mean its 5 mills. the bottles themselfs come in 50 mills for likr $5, then again i have only found 5 flavours in the super market that would not harm the atty, i am looking for an aussie company that supply flavours,

Don't know any Aussie companies, Liberty-Flights does carry FlavourArt. They have a UK based site. They have always been great for me.

FlavourArt is an Italian Company, but shipping cost is fairly expensive out of Italy.

we ordered a bunch of flavorings after my last post and it got here today, kinda had our own little mixing party. we decided to try the lorann's chocolate since you said you hadn't tried that one. I wouldn't call it good by any means, but it actually sort of fixed the cherry.... at least every one else thought so, I have to admit it did taste like cherry chocolates, I just don't think thats really any better. I think everyones favorites today were banana cream, and cheese cake, both of which were loranns. the sweat cream we got was pretty good too. I don't remember the brand on that one.

Mixing really is alot of fun. I love all the flavor combinations possibilities. Banana cream sounds really good. The cheesecake would be great with so many different flavors.

a mixing party sounds like fun, always nice to share flavors and brainstorm creations.

You'll have to share some good recipes !!!!!