Battery Help

Ellynn99

I am wondering how to clean a battery. Should I use a Q-tip with something else to clean it?

It all started tonight when I went to use my EGo Passthru battery and it stopped working. It's plugged in and charged(the button lights up when I press it) but nothing is happening when I vaped. I tried different batteries, so I know its not the atty.

I have been using this battery for about a month now and no problems until now. I looked at the top of it and saw there is some old juice inside. What is the best recommendations to clean it. If it is completely dead, it wouldn't charge right?

Sorry, I should have looked first before posting. Found the answer to my problems and solved them thanks to older posts on this forum! It was dirty and I cleaned it with a Q-tip, and I had to screw it in really tight to get it to work again! :thumbsup:

Ellynn9 what might happen next is the Pin in the battery go's down from screwing the atomizers on to tight. I hope it doesn't happen to you but it did happen to me. My PT was doing the same thing until I cleaned it and started to tighten the atomizer a little tighter because it wasn't making a connection and what happened next was the pin became to low that it wasn't connecting. So if this happens to you grab something small like a paper clip and straighten it out, take the clip and try to raise the Pin on your battery be very gentle. Then try it again att to battery if works great if not just do it again. I hope you don't get to this point but if you do at least now you know what to try. BTW It seems to me that a lot of the PT are not made tough enough to last longer then they do. The advice I am giving to you was giving to me by another member on our site. :yes

I had read pretty much when we started vaping to just get in the habit of wiping off the connection end of the batts each time you change cartos/carts, whatever. Usually there appears to be nothing, but every so often there is a sign of a TINY amount of fluid. Just have gotten in the habit now with no problems. I have never had to actually use a q tip, just like a napkin, kleenex or whatever I got laying around. I just sort of spin the battery against whatever I am cleaning it with, not harshly or anything. But so far so good.