Black Tea Flavor

AimeeG

I love black tea. I love the taste and smell of it. My boyfriends cologne is Bulgari Black which has as its base note black tea which I buy for him because I love it.

So the obvious next step is to find a black tea vapable liquid. I've done a bit of searching and some places sell it, but they are vendors I've never heard of. I also do think I want a chemical smell/taste alike.

What I'm wondering, then, is can I masticate my own black tea leaves, like steep them in some PG for a while and mix with nic and sweetener? Anyone try such a thing? Anyone know a reputable vendor who has done it? I'd love to sample theirs. But making my own might be more fun. :)

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips.

p.s. I know Tasty Vapor makes an Earl Grey. And I know they make their own tobacco flavor with this infused or masticate method. Maybe I should ask them about it, too. They seem like pretty nice folk. And I do order from them from time to time. In fact, it is their weekly special that got me to spend money on vaping this month.

I do exotic tea flavorings on a limited basis from time to time. It's not all that complicated. A simple Google search for "DIY extract" should give you tons of hits to sites that will explain the entire process in great detail.

The biggest factors are the time it takes (6,8,12 weeks), and the process used for reducing the extract to concentrate the flavor.

And be sure you use clean sterile glass jars. Most reduction methods involve heat, which tends to be detrimental to plastic bottles, not to mention the potential for toxic outgassing from the bottles themselves. Small canning jars work fine, as do clean recycled baby food jars.

There's something particularly satisfying about vaping a juice that you not only hand mixed, but actually created the flavoring yourself! :D

BTW, TPA does sell Tea Flavorings as well. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I love black tea. I love the taste and smell of it. My boyfriends cologne is Bulgari Black which has as its base note black tea which I buy for him because I love it.

So the obvious next step is to find a black tea vapable liquid. I've done a bit of searching and some places sell it, but they are vendors I've never heard of. I also do think I want a chemical smell/taste alike.

What I'm wondering, then, is can I masticate my own black tea leaves, like steep them in some PG for a while and mix with nic and sweetener? Anyone try such a thing? Anyone know a reputable vendor who has done it? I'd love to sample theirs. But making my own might be more fun. :)

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips.

p.s. I know Tasty Vapor makes an Earl Grey. And I know they make their own tobacco flavor with this infused or masticate method. Maybe I should ask them about it, too. They seem like pretty nice folk. And I do order from them from time to time. In fact, it is their weekly special that got me to spend money on vaping this month.

Eliquidplanet sells and awesome black tea. I'm on my second bottle! I too love black tea and have tried many, so far the one from eliquidplanet is superior (in my opinion). I LOVE IT. Good tea flavor with a little sweetness. Yummy