To Sweeten Or Not To Sweeten

AimeeG

So, I thought I'd make it through the month without ordering anything. Wrong. :rolleyes:

TastyVapor has Geoff's Blend on special this week. I've been wanting to try it. The big decision is to add sweetener (which they recommend) or not. I like sweet flavor liquids. I understand my favorites VT Dulcis and VT Midnight don't have sweetener in them, but they seem so to me. Since they don't and they do taste sweet to me, would I be better off getting without at TV?

What have you all experienced with TastyVapor and their sweetener added? I'm also not a big fan of the aftertaste of sucralose which is what they use.

I'm also thinking of trying their Ultimate Vanilla, but I've yet to find a vanilla that's any good. Anyone tried it? And what about their Cafe Macchiato, and again with the sweetener added conundrum? I do add sugar to my lattes and such at Caribou or Starbucks.

I've purchased a lot of Tasty Vapor juice. I always add the sweetener if they recommend it. They have a really knowledgeable mixing staff, and they wouldn't recommend sweetener if it wasn't necessary for the best results possible. :)

With the Tasty Vapor Geoff's Blend, and some other flavors on the site, they are giving the buyer the choice of "adding" the Sucralose blend sweetener to the Ethyl Maltol sweetened mix. Since they state **Sweetener Recommended** its a recommendation that they feel will improve the mix.

Also, if you don't really like the added Sucralose blend sweetener, you might call them and ask if they can add more of the Ethyl Maltol sweetener. They are very good about talking with the customers and customer service! I've called and asked them for advice with my Tasty Vapor Kretek mixes. :)

Toll Free 1-888-389-3229 or Online Help is available too! :)

Edited by JayH503

I had the same issue, but not sure if that was the supplier. But certain flavors had the option of adding sweetener....and the coffee type flavors had the options of adding both cream and sugar. I was so confused I ended up not getting it at all. I normally just order straight "cappuccino" from various places that don't have the option of adding anything. Some of them are fine, some are either just WAY too flavored or way too sweet. I add a lot of sugar to coffee in real life, but apparently it doesn't translate to e juice the same way. Like I don't vape coffee flavor (my husband does) because I think it tastes WAY too sweet, and not a whole lot like coffee. I have never had an RY4 that I liked either though, or caramel, or any of the sweeter flavors....I just think they are gross, like eating a ton of cotton candy type taste. In real life I am not much of a candy/sweets person, so I don't know. Then again in my coffee I LOVE sugar. I guess if they recommend adding it, go ahead and try it. If money isn't a big issue, could you possibly buy a small amount of it each way? I have done that with certain flavor and then usually ended up mixing them together. In fact the juice I vape now is a mix of cappuccino from two different vendors.

I actually had this dilemma just 3 days ago. I decided to trust in the Tasty Vapor staff, since the liquid I bought from them before was perfect (just finished the last bit today in fact). I went with the T.V. Cherry Cola and figured they knew what they were doin. Then I did the customize option to really make the "Ultimate" Vanilla. I will let ya know if the sweetener did good when I get the package :D

So far the vanillas we have tried were disgusting....just WAY toooooooooo sweet. Like literally we were running to the sink spitting. I had to brush my teeth the after taste was so gross. I have had regular vanilla, vanilla ice cream and other flavors I liked alone and were destroyed with vanilla. I have totally given up on vanilla flavoring. I also can't stand caramel and any of the other candy type flavors, just too sweet for me. I ordered pumpkin and pumpkin spice from somewhere, as well as cappuccino from 4 different vendors....don't remember which, I have it all in my email, LOL. Everyone was suggesting different places so we just picked a few and will go from there. For the last 8 mos or so we were buying almost all our liquid from V4L, but I am totally disgusted with them now, long story, so we are trying to find another source.....hopefully just one so we don't have to waste money on all kinds of multiple postage.

Well, I got my order in and let me tell ya, T.V.'s Cherry Cola Flavor is definitely rocking it with the sweetener in it, it kinda reminds me of cherry Dr. Pepper. But unfortunately for me, the vanilla should NOT have been sweetened...ugh. It honestly has a heavy butter after taste on the exhale and tongue. The flavor is good, but it would've been sweet enough for me w/o the sweetener. Granted all of this is merely my own opinion, so not everyone can be held to it. For the Cola, sweeten = good, Vanilla, sweeten = sickly, disgustingly sweet. Still, I LOVE Tasty Vapor, so I am glad for the order, now I know when to add sweetener and when not to. Meh, you learn more everyday.