My Juice Tastes Different

Emily

So I've only been vaping for about a week. And I'm only using about 3 different flavors of juice. But as of this evening, my juices don't taste right. I've tried to just keep using the same juice and see if the other flavor will just burn off, but it still just tastes bland or weird or something. Is there a way to clean an atomizer? Would that help? I'm using a cartomizer right now, and it's tasting just fine. But I like to direct drip.

Hi, Emily! :wave:

Most of my VaporTalk juices play nicely together, like Dulcis, Midnight, Colada, Machiato (sp?), Cappuccino, Clove, and Butterscotch. The only one that doesn't like to be mixed from VT is Cola. It takes a long while for the Cola to vape away when I put something different in the atty. But it does go away. Eventually.

I haven't really cleaned my atomizers much more than to blow them out in the evening and stick a corner of the napkin I blew into inside by the bridge to wick up any other junk. Some people have soaked them in water with a denture cleaning tablet, others soak them in pure grain alcohol (everclear). I haven't done either of these things. I keep a dedicated atty for orange cream pop and atomic cinnacide. Other than that, I use one for all my other flavors.

Let us know how it's going!

I clean mine pretty regularly.I use denture tabs.I understand the Joye 306's will change flavors better than any other atty without cleaning .I ordered some and I am about to find out.They will fit 510 and Ego type batteries.There will be residue left behind and that is what causes atties and cartos to start tasting funky after a while.Some liquids seem to leave more than others.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, It actually tasted better the next morning.

Another actually amazing thing to clean the atomizer with believe it or not is crest pro mouthwash... the blue one.... Its alcohol free, the trick is heating it up for about 20 seconds and letting the atties sit in there for about 15 minutes. Gently swish is around every now and then... Then rinse them out with warm water really well and let them dry overnight. I have used everything from peroxide, denture cleaner, rubbing alcohol, everclear.... this is the only thing that brings back my atties to the point where they do that thing where it seems like it blows the vapor into your mouth without suction. If you dont want to use that then the best thing is pure grain alcohol. Hope this helps someone!

Cooper

eCigology.com