Help! I'm Burning Attys

darryle2s

I'm a 50yr, long & deep dragging smoker of unfiltered, roll your own analogs.... my smoking technique probably contributes to burning attys. Dripping gives me the throat hit I crave & I draw long & deep. I've yet to discover the point between flooding & burning. Using 510 & don't have endless $$$ to experiment. Have burnt both reg & lr attys! Stop & add juice the instant I taste burn, which often floods atty. One video recommends pulling fibers (under bridge & over element) out of atty? These are apparently what get burnt. Anyone tried this? SEEK 510 DRIPPERS WITH POINTERS.

i would be one of the best to ask.. i used to drip like a mad man and have tried every trick.

what you want are the fibers under the bridge.

this would be the inside of the 510 with out the tube around it. the (A shaped) point (top) is the bridge. now on either side you can see white fibers. that is your wick.

DO NOT PULL OUT THE BRIDGE like everyone says to. you will leak like crazy!!!

3aoutofthetube.jpg

another image to give a better view of the wick. again don't mess with the (A) frame looking part.

6abridge.jpg

You "drip like a mad man" no more? Have you found a less messy delivery that gives the full hit of dripping? The cartomizers are nice but lack the kick I like. In the mean time I'll don the ol' trifocals, go out in the natural light & hope to get all the fibers out of an atty!

i would be one of the best to ask.. i used to drip like a mad man and have tried every trick.

what you want are the fibers under the bridge.

this would be the inside of the 510 with out the tube around it. the (A shaped) point (top) is the bridge. now on either side you can see white fibers. that is your wick.

DO NOT PULL OUT THE BRIDGE like everyone says to. you will leak like crazy!!!

3aoutofthetube.jpg

another image to give a better view of the wick. again don't mess with the (A) frame looking part.

6abridge.jpg

Oh you can definitely still leak. But with time you'll get better at gauging when to drip and with how many drops. Drops are relevant to what type & brand of atty you're using as well as the type of liquid you are using. So while we may not be able to offer you a definite answer, we can share our experience on figuring out what works best for us.

Most of tried the advice and suggestions of others, too. Without it, I'd still be soooo lost.

I do remove the wicks from my atomizers, but not the bridge (or "A" as jolly refers to them). I also agree that you will experience a lot more leakage. Also, if you leave the bridge in tact you can still use cartridges if you so desire.

i don't mean they are named A but i think of them like A-frame houses (the apex = bridge)

personally i like 5v mods darryle2s, so the carto on a 5v beats dripping at 3.7v, due to flavor kicking back up and vapor production.

if you use 801, 808, 901 you get a much cooler vapor on 5v than 510 on 5v, but either way its all good. not like your vaping lava or anything.