More Carto Talk

LoriHNC

Seems cartos are a popular thread, so I'll add another.

I think it was Aimee that posted the other day regarding her issues with DOA cartos and such. I had responded that I too had a bunch that were unusable. I had more than a box that had a metallic/burnt taste that wouldn't go away so I emailed vaporsetc about it. He replied that he had been having an issue with the filler that was used in a certain lot. He said this would be corrected in his new shipment. Well I just got a couple of boxes from the new shipment and now these don't seem to be making connection. I tried 2 so far. Those of you that have tried Tru Vapor cartos from there, know that the threaded bottom has an odd design....two lifted large commas or smiley faces to try and describe it. I tried pulling the center out some but it still wont work. I tried them on my eGo and on the Tornado and also on the mega 510.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I am frustrated since I have been out of cartos for some time.

Man, thats unfortunate... sorry I'm of no help. I just hope you can get something working so it's not a waste of time for you though. Only info I can offer is where I get mine and have been trouble free. But we will worry about that later... you need to figure these out or get your money back it sounds to me like.

Not that it helps you now Lori, but what kind of connector is on those Carto's? Are they a gold/brass type? I have had nothing but bad luck with gold/brass ones, only ones I'll buy now are the silver/aluminum ones from Boge.

The couple times I tried brass ones they tended to leak a bit for some reason...

I've had great luck with all silver threaded / Boge cartos... not a single DOA carto or anything even close to that yet, and I've gone through a lot of them! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I agree that they aluminum threaded cartos work the best, however I don't believe you can get those in a medium resistance carto. I've only seen those in the regular 510 3.0ish ohm. If I'm wrong and there is, please direct me. Also, if you know of other places that carry medium resistance besides vaporsetc, madvapes and nhaler, please also let me know. Thanks

I just emailed Ross at Vaporsetc to see if I can return these boxes that won't connect, I am waiting to hear back. He did email me last night and asked me to try pulling out the threaded end center some, I did that and as soon as I screw it onto the battery, it goes right back in. I tried putting it on gently and not tightly to avoid that, but it didn't work. I feel bad for the guy, as this seems to be a growing issue. I read on ECF today that many are having the same troubles. What sucks is that these Tru Vapor cartos are awesome when working well.

I bought some madvapes 2.5 ohm cartos which I like but did like the tru vapors better. I find that the ones from madvapes fizzle out after a day, they get tight on the draw and gummy too quick, but that might be my using all or mostly VG too. That just didnt seem to happen with the tru vapors. And yes Dayvape, I do keep them wet :)

...I find that the ones from madvapes fizzle out after a day, they get tight on the draw and gummy too quick, but that might be my using all or mostly VG too.

I got some of those from Madvapes too, I found on them when they get hard to draw on, I take a paper clip straightened out best I can and run it from the the threaded end up till I can see it poke trough the filler then wiggle it a bit and remove. Ive done this to about 10 of them so far (even the Boge's) and they draw better than they did when they were new. Doing this and rinsing out with hot water I've had them last for 5-6 cycles like this.

I like a VG mix too, 70/30 pg/vg to 50/50, after about a day of heavy vaping I find the draw getting tougher.

Well I got in some of the 'LR' 510 cartos from ENS. They were supposed to be 1.8's and they were all 2.0 instead... which is perfectly fine with me as the work like champs at 3.7 volts! I don't know what you are calling 'medium resistance' though...

Well I got in some of the 'LR' 510 cartos from ENS. They were supposed to be 1.8's and they were all 2.0 instead... which is perfectly fine with me as the work like champs at 3.7 volts! I don't know what you are calling 'medium resistance' though...

Thats good to know. I'd give 2.0 a try. I consider medium res between 2.0-2.6. Some of the very low res burn too hot and taste burnt but those are like 1.7.

Thanks Day

Shihzam, I usually do that paperclip thing too and it helps some, but theres nothing like a newly fired carto :) When I was at madvapes the other day, Mark gave me a mega carto to try. I haven't yet but I'm anxious to see how they work.

Got an email from Ross at Vaporsetc and he told me to mail the cartos back for a refund, which is very nice. I told him that he must be frazzled with this issue. He said that he is getting some new samples of medium resistance cartos in soon so hopefully they will be awesome. He's gonna let me know. Great guy!

About to try some VT Clever Clove in one of my new LR cartos from ENS. I'll let you know how it goes. The ones I had from a different supplier (none that anyone in this thread has mentioned) have improved from 5/8 burnt and icky to 5/10. I also received a LR atty from ENS and it is awesome. But I'm getting tired of this danged dripping. :thumbsdown: Though it does work well at what it was supposed to do.

LR cartos from ENS total WIN!!! :thumbsup: All three that I have used are spot on. Oh, and VT Clever Clove... delicious! Just like those delicious clove smokes I had back in the day. Now, if I were 26 again and didn't spend the last thirteen odd years smoking a bunch of analogs.... ah, live and learn. I really don't want to go back to being 26.

Good luck with your quest to find the LR cartos that work for you.

Sweet! That's funny... cuz those are the ones I favor as well!! :thumbsup:

Not too funny, really. I ordered them because you are such a big fan and said you had not one problem with them. I was looking for good mojo on the order. So THANKS! :unworthy:

Edit to add: and the liquid, too!

Edited by AimeeG

I got 510 and eGo cartos yesterday. I'm a total mess at filling them but the difference is amazing. Vapor is big and taste really shines through.I'm going to order some of the ceramics next week any input out there?

I agree that they aluminum threaded cartos work the best, however I don't believe you can get those in a medium resistance carto. I've only seen those in the regular 510 3.0ish ohm. If I'm wrong and there is, please direct me. Also, if you know of other places that carry medium resistance besides vaporsetc, madvapes and nhaler, please also let me know. Thanks

I just emailed Ross at Vaporsetc to see if I can return these boxes that won't connect, I am waiting to hear back. He did email me last night and asked me to try pulling out the threaded end center some, I did that and as soon as I screw it onto the battery, it goes right back in. I tried putting it on gently and not tightly to avoid that, but it didn't work. I feel bad for the guy, as this seems to be a growing issue. I read on ECF today that many are having the same troubles. What sucks is that these Tru Vapor cartos are awesome when working well.

I bought some madvapes 2.5 ohm cartos which I like but did like the tru vapors better. I find that the ones from madvapes fizzle out after a day, they get tight on the draw and gummy too quick, but that might be my using all or mostly VG too. That just didnt seem to happen with the tru vapors. And yes Dayvape, I do keep them wet :)

Electronicstix carries 1.8 ohm cartos with the aluminum threads. They work great just as good as the 3ohm ones.I guess 1.8 is more low than medium do you mean 2.5 ohm ones?

I got 510 and eGo cartos yesterday. I'm a total mess at filling them but the difference is amazing. Vapor is big and taste really shines through.I'm going to order some of the ceramics next week any input out there?

I am a big fan of the ceramics. Make sure you get revision 4 though. Previous versions do work but I needed to mod them to make them work well. I had to put tea bag material next to the cup where the coil is to get enough juice to the coil so I can keep hitting it without it getting too dry. The new ones appear to work fine out of the box. If you are using 3.7 make sure to get the 3ohm ones. 2.5 ohms work but i have a variable device turned down below 3.7. 2.5 ohm runs too hot at 3.7+ with the ceramics. They seem to be more efficient so more heat is produced at the same voltage and ohm than standard cartos. I vape normal 3ohm cartos at 5v. At 3.7 I use 1.8 ohm cartos. I vape 2.5 ohm ceramics at 3.4-3.6 and they vape better than the low res cartos. I can vape maybe 10-20 drags on a regular carto before it needs dripping, 3-4 drags on a regular atty with drip tip, and most of a day with the XL ceramic. I vape around 2ml per day. Standard cartos seem to have a lifespan of about a week for me and by the end of the week performance is very poor. Atty's probably around a month on average. sometimes more sometimes less. I clean the ceramics after a week and fill them back up and they are good as new. Still pretty new to the ceramics but all I can say is I have two boxes of standard cartos that have been sitting around for a couple weeks and I'm still on my first ceramic.