Cartomizer Recommendation?

Trice

I got a pack of 510 cartomizers from Vaporgalaxy and everytime I start to loose flavor and look inside the fibers are white I put a few drops in, but I get leakage. Also half the box has carts that seem to burn the fibers and give a bad taste.

Can someone give a link to a solid reliable cartomizer? :)

It sounds like you are letting them get too dry... you always need to make sure cartos stay nice and wet or the filler will start to burn and taste nasty. There are some excellent 510 cartos here at the VaporTalk store... always want the silver threads! Just make sure your carto filler has enough juice that it "looks like a slushy" on top... then you know it's always got enough juice. Don't use one until you start to run out of vapor or it starts to taste bad... you've waited too long at that point. There are alot of threads on here about cartos and different tips and tricks you will find.

Are you taking them off of the battery prior to putting drops in them? It will ruin your battery if you continually get liquid on the connectors.

There is a hole right down the middle of them so even if you get ONE tiny drop into that straw part you will have liquid leaking out. It needs to wick only onto the filler.

Are you taking them off of the battery prior to putting drops in them? It will ruin your battery if you continually get liquid on the connectors.

There is a hole right down the middle of them so even if you get ONE tiny drop into that straw part you will have liquid leaking out. It needs to wick only onto the filler.

Where's Chris's video ? He shows this well... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tips... and I will start taking the cartomizer off first!

The cartomizers/box on display at the vapor talk store look just like the one I got from vapor galaxy, and I can't add the 4-5 drops it takes to make it look slushy without loosing at least a drop through the hole. I have been filling by tilting to the side and rotating as I drop to distribute evenly, but it does not help and still makes its way to the straw.

Maybe I just got a box of bum cartomizers?

I can't add the 4-5 drops it takes to make it look slushy without loosing at least a drop through the hole.

I never could either. I use the lazy method to fill and refill. Place sleeve on threaded end and fill up the open end (white piece removed). Wait for that to be absorbed, then fill again. Usually 25 drops or so. Leave it be for a few hours or shake it down like a thermometer, remove any excess. Now remove the sleeve and dab the threads against a napkin (or gently blow through it) to remove the liquid from the center hole. Clean sleeve for reuse or just turn over to let drain on the napkin.

Just remember... they aren't leak proof! There has to be a way for air to go thru the carto too... therefore leaving the chance for small leaks. I always get a tiny bit when filling if I've over filled or something.... but never so much that it can't be taken care of easily. Just keep that in mind... it will leak some from time to time but won't do any real damage if you dry it up good. :thumbsup:

I used standard cartos for quite a while. They do an ok job but when it came down to it I got tired of basically just dripping after the first fill because they dry out so fast. After the first couple fills they get worse and worse. And the leaking will get worse as well after a day or two as the filler gets less absorbent. I switched to the Ce2 ceramic cartomizers and all of the drawbacks to cartos are gone. I use the XL 510's and one fill will last me all day without any fussing with anything, They don't leak whatsoever. I used to have a pile of paper towels and a mess on my desk all the time. The E2's have made vaping mess free and easy as it should be. I did have to modify my revision 3 cartos to get them to work welll with a Pyramid tea bag mod. The revision 4 is out now and should be good to go out of the box. Also these will last alot longer than the standard cartos. More like the life span of a regular atty rather than a week. I really think you would love them if you don't want to mess around. Just stick a syringe in a hole squeeze in 1.7ml or so and not think about it again for a day. I get mine from clouds of vapor. The regular size hold .8ml for $10 for 5 or the XL which hold between 1.7 and 2ml for $13 for 5. Highly recommended!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPckmphUXYY&feature=related

Edited by haft2doit

well like regular cartos there was a learning curve. I yank out the first ring and the fill ring. I use a regular syringe tip to fill then put just the first ring back in. I was about to give up when I tried using the little plastic thing that came in the box and those tiny holes to fill. I thought I wasted money on them but a little time and patience and now I won't go back. Standard cartos where like a full time job for me.

Thanks much!

I just ordered some new cartos and syringes from Wordup... Hopefully filling directly into the filling will help ;)

Those are the ones I have, Joye brand, they won't look like the video. Jeffery walked me through these you use a filler needle, I use a regular 18G needle. They won't hold quite as much as the soft tops but it's not a big deal. They work great but I'm not the best at this I just got them Friday so I hope I get less messy when I fill.