Anyone Sick Of Leaking Mega Attys?

I have been using the mega atty's for the Tornado/ego and though I like the way they feel/work etc. I often get leaks. I am using mega cartridges and not sure why i get so much leakage? What I usually do is fill it in the am and then top it off through out the day-this never seemed to happen with the regular sized ones, maybe just because there was less liquid in general?? I don't know, but i am hesitant to get a mega drip tip for fear that it will leak, and maybe I should just stick with the reg. atty's and drip tips for DD? What do you all think?

It's been my experience that all carts, no matter the size, will leak now and then. Even some cartos, no matter the size, will leak or perspire, now and then.

With that said, some carts, no matter the size, have perfect filler, perfect eliquid for that filler, perfect threads, perfect connection, perfect battery, and never ever leak when new the first day. The second day it takes less drops to fill because the filler is less absorbant. The 3rd day it's even less with more leakage. Think of a sponge or paper towel that's still wet and won't absorb or hold liquid hardly at all even though it's been wrung out. Same principle in action here.

On the other hand, some filler material never quite make the grade.. they flunk out straight out of the gate. (any size cart//carto//atty//)

With that said... you're really missing out if you don't have a Mega Drip Tip for your Mega Atty. The atty itself won't "leak", unless flooded of course. These attys rock! It's like having 2 attys burning at once. Mega difference in vapor. Yet, it's nowhere close to a 306 or reg LR 510 or 5v. It's a happy place in between heaven and earth.

Nhalers have annonized steel ones now for 6 bucks...

More and more vendors are carrying the delrin ones from a buck up to 4 bucks on avg. Goodprophets.com for example.

Tiny price to try for yourself to see if the MDT is right for you.

Good luck and happy vaping!

Even cartos will leak,every once in a while liquid builds up in an atty between the battery connecter and the pot the element is in and you have to blow that out by blowing through both ways into a paper towel.It seems to help if you stand the atty on end at night and let excess liquid drain out overnight.With cartos I have found they tend to stop making flavor but still make vapor when they are at the end of thier life.You keep topping them off to try to get some flavor but end up with a mess.Kind of like getting liquid/condensate in your mouth ,one of the joys of vaping.Kind of like haveing the fire fall off an analog at an inopportune time such as driving down the interstate.

Edited by mcquinn

Even cartos will leak,every once in a while liquid builds up in an atty between the battery connecter and the pot the element is in and you have to blow that out by blowing through both ways into a paper towel.It seems to help if you stand the atty on end at night and let excess liquid drain out overnight.With cartos I have found they tend to stop making flavor but still make vapor when they are at the end of thier life.You keep topping them off to try to get some flavor but end up with a mess.Kind of like getting liquid/condensate in your mouth ,one of the joys of vaping.Kind of like haveing the fire fall off an analog at an inopportune time such as driving down the interstate.

Yeah, i have made those leak to lol! I will search for the post about a really good foam filler (think it was blue something?) And I think I will try the drip tip for the mega-as i only have one regular now. Thanks

It's been difficult for the industry to combat simple physics.

If you stand a wet paintbrush on it's brisles, the water rises towards the handle. The opposite holds if you stand it on the handle. To dry a paintbrush, stand it on it's handle and the water will evporate into the air as it rises. Sometimes our carts with fillers does this. The eLiquid will rise towards the end of the mouthpiece and a good thermometer shake will re-distribute the eLiquid nicely. If we top it off, there is nowhere for the eLiquid to go except down into the atty where it will pool. If no moisture springs back to life after a thermometer shake (1 quick flick), it is ready for a top off.

Naturally, this too changes as the air pockets/cells become mutated with use and can no longer be it's useful self. Taking the filler out, rinsing it out with distilled water, blotting it dry on a paper towel, and reinserting into cart when plumb dry will help the air/cells to do their job again... but this of course only works a few times.

Naturally, the weight of the eLiquid also makes or breaks it. Some eLiquids are heavier than others .... which makes a difference too.

In short... to get the hang of the filler at it's various life/use stages, give a quick shake towards the atty, take a peek, if it's not moist, then top off with only a few drops,flick, peek, repeat. (count the drops). Now you have an idea on how many drops it really needed, vrs dripping until puddled.

But, dripping until puddled works on the mega atty most of the time. :)

New fresh filler material with their new fresh air pockets/cells will hold tremendous amounts of eLiquid in general, and without flooding... the eliquid is travelling up into the mouthpiece just like the water rising to the top of the bristles ....