Ready To Move Up

Hi VaporTalkers,

Darth Vaper is back in the house!

So y'all, I've been using the eGo exclusively since February, and it is indeed a great vaping experience. (certainly better than when I first started with the 901 and the penstyles of a couple years ago) But as all things have a life, I must report that my two Janty eGo batteries have finally worn out on me. And eight months from two batteries is not too shabby! I picked up a spare from Arno at AwesomeVapor and it works just fine.

But I'm a little out of the loop on how to upgrade my eGo experience. I'm looking at 1) Batteries and 2) Atomizers. Since Janty no longer has the exclusive rights as to the eGo, I know there are some other producers out there, but it's been too much for me to keep up with. So here we go:

1) What is available in terms of eGo batteries. I understand there is an XL that someone sells that promises longer battery life. And I know there are now higher voltage batteries out there too. So what should I get? (And please, if you can, give me some supplier names)

2) I'm intrigued by the low-res atomizers, but have not tried them. I assume they pair well with a higher voltage battery, but correct me if I'm wrong. I've tried cartomizers, and to be honest, I'm not that crazy about them. I like to vape different flavors all day long, and I don't care for the rubber end with the hole in it (the "condom method") of using them; call me silly, but I just don't like rubber in my mouth all day! (Keep it clean, folks) I also think the eGo with just the cartomizer looks too strange in public, but that's just me. I'm certainly open to any new designs of cartomizers though, if anyone knows of any.

Thanks in advance!

The XL is great very long battery life add the jumbo atty and carts and you are set for the day. I know zero about LR but I'm delighted with eGo XL. WU has them in stock, Joyes, jumbo attys and carts the whole shabang.

The XL is great very long battery life add the jumbo atty and carts and you are set for the day. I know zero about LR but I'm delighted with eGo XL. WU has them in stock, Joyes, jumbo attys and carts the whole shabang.

No cone on mine atty is same diameter as battery. Looks sharp.

1) What is available in terms of eGo batteries. I understand there is an XL that someone sells that promises longer battery life. And I know there are now higher voltage batteries out there too. So what should I get? (And please, if you can, give me some supplier names)

- the mega or xl batteries give a longer life.

the regulars are around 450mAh and the mega is listed at 900 but more in the area of 750mAh

there really arent higher voltage batteries, what you do is run two batteries and double the voltage then step it down to where you need it (usually).

2) I'm intrigued by the low-res atomizers, but have not tried them. I assume they pair well with a higher voltage battery, but correct me if I'm wrong. I've tried cartomizers, and to be honest, I'm not that crazy about them. I like to vape different flavors all day long, and I don't care for the rubber end with the hole in it (the "condom method") of using them; call me silly, but I just don't like rubber in my mouth all day! (Keep it clean, folks) I also think the eGo with just the cartomizer looks too strange in public, but that's just me. I'm certainly open to any new designs of cartomizers though, if anyone knows of any.

- LR attys are only to be used on 3.7v batteries. how they work is there is less resistance to current. this lets them heat up faster to simulate a higher voltage. using a LR will decrease the run time of your device. so if you vape 4hrs on a charge, you will have maybe 2hrs when using lr.

now cartos i say are best on devices above 3.7v (3.7v is what the ego is). you can also drop a drip tip onto said carto so there is no rubber. thats what i do on my mods.

if you are happy with the 3.7v as far as throat hit and all, stick to your 3.7v. if you want to walk a bit on the super hit side, step it up.

now another thing is you could do mod at 3.7v and go from AAA size all the way up to the 18650 battery that is a good deal bigger and has 2.500mAh thats days of vape with not having to recharge.

Hey DV - I love LR attys, if you like flavor, visit NeRo9k's site at createvapor.com for low res 901 attys and get a 510 adapter. Mmmmm. It simulates the 5V experience, as mentioned, do not use low res with higher volts. I also recommend trying the 1.8, 2.0 and 2.5 resistance cartos on the ego. I hated the 1.6s but having good luck with these. The can be found at nhaler.com, electronicstix.com and cloads of vapor was one place for the 2.5s. Finally, people rave about the buzz, not sure where to get but variable voltage, so dial it in where you like.

Welcome back Darth.

I've been using an eGo since February, too, and just had my first two batteries die. But, I already had some backup batteries and I'm still using them so haven't tried the XL batteries yet. Once my others die, I'm going XL for the battery life. Besides the places already mentioned, Totally Wicked has the XL batteries. They call them "tornado" instead of eGo.

LR attys? Oh yeah! They are great. Tons more vapor. I also use the LR901 attys (with an adapter) from createvapor.com and they are even better than the LR510. I was a die hard fan of the LR510 until I started using the LR901. But both are great.

Personally, I don't care for the cartos either. I've tried a couple and just don't care for them. But lots of others will tell you how good they are. Another preference thing.

Good luck!!

Thanks to all for the great suggestions! Special thanks for letting me know where you can buy this gear!

Wondering about those mega-atomizers for the eGo: The sites that sell them say they need a cartridge to go with them. Are they serious or can you direct drip with these? And what's the difference between the mega-atomizer (which is supposedly the same diameter as the battery) and the cone-shaped atomizers which are out there for the eGo?

My other questions: 1) If I buy the 901LR atty and the 510 adapter for the eGo batt, will the cone still fit over the whole works, or do I have to go cone-less?

2) Do the XL eGo batteries require a different charger unit?