Drip Tips How They Work? And 5-6V Recommendations?

asmcriminal

Okay obviousl a drip tip is you drip in liquid in to it. I understand that with direct dripping yuo drip it directly in to the atomizer. Okay fine. So why would you want a drip tip? I seen big drip tips, so i assume it can hold more liquid, then i saw a video of a guy using one, He said "i use 2-4 drops in it" Isn't that the normal amount you'd put in it ANYWAYS? So what is the purpose of having a drip tip....

I am interested in a 5-6v vaporizer. So what are some good recommendations, I saw the "SUPER T" one... really nice, 6v one is 200 dollars, but it has a limetime warranty.... so it might be worth it. I already bought one ecig, and i am going to buy another one, so that's 2 ecigs already totalling around 120... so i think if i just get one really nice one, that's all i need.

http://supertmanufacturing.com/id73.html that's the link

so

1.drip tips what exactly is the purpoes?

2. 5-6v vaporing, device recommendations.

When you drip, you have to remove the cartridge to do so. If you have a drip tip, it has a hole in the top that you drip through so that you don't have to remove and replace the cartridge every time. It just makes the whole process a lot easier.

My recommendation for 5/6V vaping would be the Silver Bullet. You can use the 18650 batteries in it for 3.7V, or two of the RCR123A batteries for 6V, or you can buy the pass through to use with it for 5V. I have a Black Silver Bullet and just love it.

http://altsmoke.com/starterkit/silverbulletusa/altsilverbullet.html

Nana explained very well! The drip tip is just a mouthpiece but it allows for easy dripping onto the atty. It doesn't hold liquid and it doesn't have to be pulled off the atty in order to drip liquid onto the atty. Try dripping via a regular mouthpiece and the eliquid will go everywhere except where you want it. That's why we pull off the regular mouthpiece (empty cart), drip, replace cart, vape, repeat. With the Dtip, we just drip and vape! (regular attys, 2-3 drops. Mega attys 3-6 drops).

Stainless steel drip tips like at Super T (the original inventor of these) are fantastic! (some vaporers don't like the thought of steel on their lips though). I love mine! It never gets hot, it warms up just right with the first draw, and it keeps my eliquid at a temp the whole journey. It also can be washed in boiled water and never lose it's shape. The wide mouth is the easiest to drip in for most. (less mess). I forget which is preferred, the curve or the straight. Mine is straight and works great!

Gosh, if you can get the Super T Precise, go for it! It's a beauty, with no breakable parts ever and with a lifetime warranty.

I have the BSB, like Nana, with the passthrough too, which is also one I'd recommend anytime.

But then ... there are the Variable wonders of the vape world out there... sigh. Joker, Buzz, ... techmods....

So many choices!! But the Super T will outlast them all I'm sure. You can always come back later for the variable wonders or juice boxes...

You're making good decisions!

the mega can only be used with a extender or by chopping off the skirt like i have done.

most people that have a 6v don't use 6v because there really aren't many attys that can take that with out tasting like crap.

if price isn't an issue and you crave tons of vapor the silverbullet with that dual atty setup is nice.

as for me, i like the tekk mod just because its compact and runs at 5.24v lasts about a week on a single charge, can plug in my portable devices into for a quick charge, and the charger is built into it. its an all in one unit.

drip tips are nice but don't add to filling amount. all they do is let you drip with out taking off the tip.

Maybe I am missing something, the SUPER-T automomizer looks like it's stainless steel, or is this just a sleeve to cover the real automizer? and if that's the case, how would a "mega automizer work on this thing?!?!?!

the mega atomizer wouldm't fit on the super-t (as far as I know).

I mentioned it in regards to how many drops an atty takes, not in regards to the precious. My apologies for causing confusion.

to clarify your imagination of putting the mega atty onto the precious atty, and supposing it did fit after tweeking this or that, the first thing you would do is remove atty that is on the precious and replace it with the mega. :)

Nana explained very well! The drip tip is just a mouthpiece but it allows for easy dripping onto the atty. It doesn't hold liquid and it doesn't have to be pulled off the atty in order to drip liquid onto the atty. Try dripping via a regular mouthpiece and the eliquid will go everywhere except where you want it. That's why we pull off the regular mouthpiece (empty cart), drip, replace cart, vape, repeat. With the Dtip, we just drip and vape! (regular attys, 2-3 drops. Mega attys 3-6 drops).

Stainless steel drip tips like at Super T (the original inventor of these) are fantastic! (some vaporers don't like the thought of steel on their lips though). I love mine! It never gets hot, it warms up just right with the first draw, and it keeps my eliquid at a temp the whole journey. It also can be washed in boiled water and never lose it's shape. The wide mouth is the easiest to drip in for most. (less mess). I forget which is preferred, the curve or the straight. Mine is straight and works great!

Gosh, if you can get the Super T Precise, go for it! It's a beauty, with no breakable parts ever and with a lifetime warranty.

I have the BSB, like Nana, with the passthrough too, which is also one I'd recommend anytime.

But then ... there are the Variable wonders of the vape world out there... sigh. Joker, Buzz, ... techmods....

So many choices!! But the Super T will outlast them all I'm sure. You can always come back later for the variable wonders or juice boxes...

You're making good decisions!

Uma explained it much better than I did. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

If your e-cig has a drip tip on it and by chance, and ends upside down, will the e-juice leek out quickly ... it would be awesome if someone could provide a photo through the hole or a diagram of the drip tip's inside. Is it just a big hole to the atty ... thanks!!

Contoured 510/901 Wide Mouth Delrin Super T Drip Tip.

If this opening looks small to you imagine it being half that size. This is the wide-mouth, contoured, standard length drip tip. The silver you see in there is the bridge but it's quite a bit further down than it appears, probably twice as far as it seems in the picture.

If you have liquid falling out of your drip tip when your device gets laid on it's side then you are dripping way too much or using a small opening where the fluid just isn't able to get in there. I do not have issues with juice leaking out of the top. I do tap my device after dripping, against my palm or on my thigh to aide the drops down the tunnel.

med_gallery_2684_5_51437.png

Contoured 510/901 Wide Mouth Delrin Super T Drip Tip.

If this opening looks small to you imagine it being half that size. This is the wide-mouth, contoured, standard length drip tip. The silver you see in there is the bridge but it's quite a bit further down than it appears, probably twice as far as it seems in the picture.

If you have liquid falling out of your drip tip when your device gets laid on it's side then you are dripping way too much or using a small opening where the fluid just isn't able to get in there. I do not have issues with juice leaking out of the top. I do tap my device after dripping, against my palm or on my thigh to aide the drops down the tunnel.

med_gallery_2684_5_51437.png

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for the information and the photo... Where would you suggest purchasing the drip tips ... for the 510, 901, and 801?? I have been out of the loop for a few months as so much has been going on ...

My grandfather can't see well as he is considered legally blind and he doesn't like the cartz so this might be a very good option for him. Bigger the better, but not too oddly placed on the lips.

Again, thank you so much for the photo and the quick response.

Celtic

You will want to get your grandfather the "widemouth" drip tip and I've only managed to find them at Super T's. If you scroll down that page you will see them. If you have a heavy/hard draw you may not prefer the "shorty". I don't draw near as hard as a lot of people and I still prefer the slightly longer standard size as you're less likely to suck juice back in to your mouth (rarely happens).

If you're wanting a drip tip for both 510 and 901 devices then you only need one as both attys are the same size at the mouth end. You would need to purchase an 801 drip tip for your 801 atty.

You may see drip tips offered for 2 or 3 dollars elsewhere but you're probably going to pay about 6 dollars on shipping, too. Super T's Delrin drip tips are only $9.99 + $1.25 ships both of your tips. That widemouth is, without a doubt, worth every extra penny.

Oooh I see that they've added those aluminum anodized tips at the bottom of the page. These are NOT wide mouth! Pretty? Yes. Widemouth? No.

Post back and let us know how they worked out for you B)

Edited by noXious