Difference Between Pg And Vg?

girldragon

I can't tell the difference other than the amount of vapor is greater with VG,Some people are alergic to one and prefer the other.I still haven't figured out what throat hit is after over a year of vaping,so I can't help you with that.They taste the same to me when I compare the same flavor/strength from the same manufacturer .They are mixed in a lot of liquids .

Edited by mcquinn

Ok so...

Propylene Glycol (PG)-Most commonly used, more throat hit, more flavor. Slightly sweet and colorless. USP approved propylene glycol is used in cosmetics, toiletries, food colorings, cake mixes, salad dressings, soft drinks and more. It is also used in the smoke / fog machines found in theatres and nightclubs.

Vegetable Glycerin ( VG)-Smoother. Slightly thicker and sweeter. Produces more vapor. USP approved glycerin is used in 1500+ applications as an additive to food and drink.

Glycerin can be found in the baking or craft areas in grocery, hobby and department stores. It can also can be found in pharmacies. Also known as: Glycerin, Glycerine, or Glycerol.

I've done straight PG, Straight VG and now I usually keep it mixed about 50/50.

Hi girldragon, I started using VG and now use pretty much a straight PG. For some, vapor is important, for others, taste is. I'm still experimenting with ejuice. It's just some are good and some aren't. I got some 18mg/PG Dekang Almond today. Lot's of vapor, but absolutely no taste. So, idk...

Ok so...

Propylene Glycol (PG)-Most commonly used, more throat hit, more flavor. Slightly sweet and colorless. USP approved propylene glycol is used in cosmetics, toiletries, food colorings, cake mixes, salad dressings, soft drinks and more. It is also used in the smoke / fog machines found in theatres and nightclubs.

Vegetable Glycerin ( VG)-Smoother. Slightly thicker and sweeter. Produces more vapor. USP approved glycerin is used in 1500+ applications as an additive to food and drink.

Glycerin can be found in the baking or craft areas in grocery, hobby and department stores. It can also can be found in pharmacies. Also known as: Glycerin, Glycerine, or Glycerol.

I've done straight PG, Straight VG and now I usually keep it mixed about 50/50.

Well, that is good to know. I always have a gallon of USP grade VG on hand because I use it in the lip balms I make (I use it in soaps, lotions etc. to-but it is USP grade because of the lip balm usage) So, all I need to get to "not get caught with my pants down" is the liquid nicotine and some PG and I'm all set. I am going to get the 500ml of 36mg e-juice-hate to spend the $, but I will feel better knowing I have it (God forbid I run out of anything else and have to try steaming it in a pot on my stove top lol!)

I started out liking VG more due to more vapor production but it sometimes lack the flavor, especially if you use it in a carto and vape for a bit. first few hits are great... but after few hits the flavor starts to fade.

it also has weaker throat hit compared to PG.

thing that annoys me the most though is that straight VG is thick and it tends to clog the atty when direct dripping.

you'd have to drip some PG in and blow it out in between.

these days I tend to stick with PG for it's stronger flavor, throat hit, and no worries of clogging.

vapor production is not as great but it produces enough to satisfy.

really personal taste and preference though.

and yes, you can mix them. some of the vendors sell mixed 80/20, 50/50, so on so forth.

Well, that is good to know. I always have a gallon of USP grade VG on hand because I use it in the lip balms I make (I use it in soaps, lotions etc. to-but it is USP grade because of the lip balm usage) So, all I need to get to "not get caught with my pants down" is the liquid nicotine and some PG and I'm all set. I am going to get the 500ml of 36mg e-juice-hate to spend the $, but I will feel better knowing I have it (God forbid I run out of anything else and have to try steaming it in a pot on my stove top lol!)

Don't forget about getting flavorings too! :yes

Don't forget about getting flavorings too! :yes

Well, I am a menthol girl-always have been. So, I got some menthol crystals, not sure how to use it in the recipe I have (which uses no water?) I got flavors already mixed (but I will probably get more when bored-but I go to my menthol when I "need" to vape