Menthol And Fiberglass

Hello My Fellow Vapers,

This might be a noob question but i have been wondering this for a while and google has failed to answer my questions. Does menthol flavored ejuice have fiber glass in it? It is my understanding that all menthol has fiberglass and cuts up your throat. I love the minty taste of methol but i hate knowing that i am killing my lungs.

thanks

Vape It up

-Slightly Addicted

Hello My Fellow Vapers,

This might be a noob question but i have been wondering this for a while and google has failed to answer my questions. Does menthol flavored ejuice have fiber glass in it? It is my understanding that all menthol has fiberglass and cuts up your throat. I love the minty taste of methol but i hate knowing that i am killing my lungs.

thanks

Vape It up

-Slightly Addicted

About halfway down the page, this article from snopes.com mentions it and says it is a myth. http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/menthol.asp

Their sources are listed at the bottom-- I will see what I can come up with from those as well.

Here is another link: http://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/15867.htm

Wow that article is interesting. Thanks for the info. I think i might place an order for some menthol in the near future. I can't believe that i fell for that myth.. when i think about it, it really doesn't make sense. How could fiberglass produce a minty flavor? haha

Well, the way I always heard it was that the fiberglass isn't for flavor, but causes tiny cuts that make them hit you stronger. They say some cigarettes have fiberglass in the filters. Not sure if that's true or not, but I am SURE you would be hard pressed to find an e-liquid with fiberglass in it. That would be insanely irresponsible of the manufacturer.

I would definitely NOT worry about this.

• 1 year later...

even if there were fiberglass in the liquid, you would never be able to vape it out, it would just muck up your atty quicker. only airborne particles smaller than 3 microns can cause serious harm if inhaled in enough quantity. any particle larger than that would only cause temporary irritation unless you breath a whole lot of it.

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I had to share my personal experience. I started smoking menthol cigs at the age of 15 by the time I was in my 30's I kept getting chest colds that turned into pneumonia. Needless to say they did MRI's and found 3 spots on my lungs and I was told that due to the location I would need an open lung biopsy to determine if said spots were cancer however because the spots were small they decided to "watch" them for 1 year, if there was no change in the size then it was safe to assume that they weren't cancer and I should be scanned every few years.

What they didn't mention or pay attention to was the fact that I was constantly coughing up clear small balls of something that felt like rubber. I have been vaping since November and I still use menthol but these strange little balls are gone. Oddly I used to always say I was coughing up fiberglass from menthol cigs.