Weird Taste From Atty

Hello fello vapers,

An odd thing happened to me yesterday. I was dripping with my volcano and the atty started producing a faint plasticy burning taste. I cleaned my atty with hot water and it helped a little bit but i can still taste it on occasion. Has this happened to anyone else? If so how did you fix it?

thanks for the help in advance

VAPE IT UP!

-slightly addicted

Have you try direct dripping or dipping? I was having the same problem with my m401, after putting a new cart it would only take 10 puffs to start tasting like that so I started dripping and problem solved!

nope.

i use the volcano mouth pieces myself. even on my 5v mods i don't have issues with them when i chain vape.

you must have plastic burnt onto the bridge of the atty or maybe somewhere inside is a small piece.

look inside and see if you can see anything dark, the bottom outside ring of the atty should be all silver and flat. the bridge is the only thing that looks mesh and is going to be a pain to check but for the most part it is do-able.

i figure it would be on the side of the bridge, or s sliver dropped under it.

if worse comes to it. you can rip out the bridge and still use it.

What are those threads called that everybody calls the wick then? I learned that was the wick from all the vids showing how to remove it. hmmmmm........ Leave it to jolly to confuse everyone!!! LOL j/k jolly is a mad modder!!!! thumbsup.gif

What are those threads called that everybody calls the wick then? I learned that was the wick from all the vids showing how to remove it. hmmmmm........ Leave it to jolly to confuse everyone!!! LOL j/k jolly is a mad modder!!!! thumbsup.gif

[]--($)

[] is bridge -- is wick (is coil and $ is the part of the wick that is around the coil. If you remove the part of the wick that hangs above the coil -- you basically eliminate it burning and getting a foul taste by 95%. I've even found that dry burning my attys will not give me a foul taste at all but I'm sure if the other 95% of the wick that I didn't remove was there I would be tasting something funky by now.

Edited by bobthesalesclerk

your right about the wick hodge. but it's wrapped up in the coil.

here is sort of a break down of one

6abridge.jpg

now the wick is free on the end but

OvalAtty3.jpg

is what it actually looks like before you remove it.. sort of, thats a picture of replacing the coil with new fiber in it.