Quit Smoking Calculator

Mona

I dont know about a desktop program or widget, but there are apps for things like that. I have a Motorola Droid that has that app and I can check up on it anytime i like. The app is called StopSmoking (Has a blue square with a white cigarette in the middle) and gives how long since you last smoked and how much money you saved. Doesnt say how many cigarettes youve avoided though. It does tell you how long between cigarettes youve gone, and an average per day in case you do cheat. I dont know if they have it for the iphone but im sure they do.

Here's a Yahoo widgets one: http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/nichtraucher

There's a few others, including some simpler countdown/countup timers that can be customized (won't show money saved or cigarettes avoided though). I just chose this one to link because it was updated relatively recently and apparently works with Vista. If you use a Mac and prefer Dashboard, I'm sure someone has designed a similar Dashboard widget.

I don't use desktop widgets myself, so I can't really recommend them or give any advice about using them.

You may have already thought of this, but another option (which is what I do) is to simply put a link to the banner on your desktop, or throw it on your favorites bar in your browser. You still have to open your browser, but it will go straight to the counter rather than having to go through the VT forums, if you just want a quick update on your progress.

Hope this is useful.

Here's a Yahoo widgets one: http://widgets.yahoo...ts/nichtraucher

There's a few others, including some simpler countdown/countup timers that can be customized (won't show money saved or cigarettes avoided though). I just chose this one to link because it was updated relatively recently and apparently works with Vista. If you use a Mac and prefer Dashboard, I'm sure someone has designed a similar Dashboard widget.

I don't use desktop widgets myself, so I can't really recommend them or give any advice about using them.

You may have already thought of this, but another option (which is what I do) is to simply put a link to the banner on your desktop, or throw it on your favorites bar in your browser. You still have to open your browser, but it will go straight to the counter rather than having to go through the VT forums, if you just want a quick update on your progress.

Hope this is useful.

Sepia;

Thank you for the ideas. I'll check out the link.