Logic And Laws Don't Always Mix?

There are some interesting things in Tennessee. They passed a law last year, or maybe even the year before, that you cannot smoke within 50 feet of a public building.

Now first of all, for most places in cities, that means bzzzzzzzzzt nowhere. Unless you want to smoke on the pretty white line in the street. DOH.

Walmart, there's room you can smoke in the parking lot, but they have the ashtray right at the door still. DOH.

I always thought it was stupid to put ashtrays right at the door anyway. Where is the ONE place outside smokers and non smokers are bound to be at? The DOOR dummies.

I was what you would call a considerate smoker. My butts never wound up on the ground. I had a ziplock bag I carried. If there was no ashtray I'd put it out on the ground, make sure it was out, seal it in the baggie.

But considerate anything is a rare breed these days. This is why you find trash and butts RIGHT NEXT to public trash cans and ashtrays. I never got that. How hard is it to actually HIT the trashcan? There's no electrical thing gonna zap you if you get the garbage IN the can, or the butt IN the ashtray. :)

But what do I know, I'm a vaper now. :harhar:

LOL @ "Unless you want to smoke on the pretty white line in the street. DOH." You are just too funny, TeriJo. LOL

But really, that's what they are trying to do...make it so you can't smoke anywhere. One of the reasons I was so thrilled to find out about vaping.

Good points though. And you make them so entertaining, too.

LOL @ "Unless you want to smoke on the pretty white line in the street. DOH." You are just too funny, TeriJo. LOL

But really, that's what they are trying to do...make it so you can't smoke anywhere. One of the reasons I was so thrilled to find out about vaping.

Good points though. And you make them so entertaining, too.

Actually what happens is it doesn't get enforced. LOL Down on the strip are the bars, some smoking, some non, and the sidewalks are filled with people smoking, and police ignoring it, because, there IS NO 50 feet away from the buildings. Except on that gorgeous white line