Got My Spade Today

I bought the VP-1 almost 6 months ago, and have been extremely pleased with it. Got the 801 model, and it took a beating for all these months without a hiccup.

But I have this bad habit of laying the thing in my lap when I'm in the easy chair watching the plasma, and I would sometimes forget, get up, and there goes the e-cig rattling across the tile floor.

Last week was one too many times, I guess, and my worn old VP-1 finally gave up the ghost. Having nothing but an old 510 kit lying about, I was pretty desperate to get a replacement.

I opted to go with the Spade from Chris and Sean here at VT. I have plenty of 510 attys, and decided a change of pace would be good. Ordered it late last week, and today my new Spade kit came sliding to a stop in my mailbox, all the way from California to Indiana in what... 4 days?

Having a healthy stock of fully-charged 10440 batts at hand, I was ready for it. Back in business. Thanks the the prompt service, guys!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes, the Spade ships with 2 protected 10440 batts with 1 charger. All the 10440s I've bought are of the the protected variety (I've about 12 of them now, with 4 chargers). I can load up and take off for an overnighter and not worry about having enough batts to get through it.

Are the batts protected? I think they should be because there's no cut off on the spade. I think I have that right.

Yes, the Spade ships with 2 protected 10440 batts with 1 charger. All the 10440s I've bought are of the the protected variety (I've about 12 of them now, with 4 chargers). I can load up and take off for an overnighter and not worry about having enough batts to get through it.

Cool beans, just wanted to make sure. My 10440 charger walked away, using my JantyStick to charge. I think I'll be getting some more batts as well. I'm waiting on two chargers from dealextreme...

Ahh, the Spade is a very nice PV. I had done a review on it and well, I never used it at all after 3 weeks..I gave it away and she is loving it..

Best of luck.. you will notice though that the LED's will get duller when the batt starts to run out of energy.. Its a sign to change the battery and thats a cool feature with the Spade.. (even though it wasn't made that way)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines