Wasting Way Too Much Juice!

Wannavape

The reason this is happening is because when you buy new atomizers, they come pre-soaked with juice. You should notice when you open them from the packaging, the atomizers are a little wet. When you boil the attys, this "primer" juice gets cleaned off as well.

The fix that I've found is to "prime" the atty with several drops of juice. I've added as much as 6-8. Make sure to hit the bridge because most of the juice will get absorbed there, keeping it from reaching the heating coil. That's why you're experiencing the burnt taste faster than before. When you try vaping it, add more drops as soon as you taste the burnt taste again. After a couple times, the bridge should be fully primed and it should go back to normal.

The reason this is happening is because when you buy new atomizers, they come pre-soaked with juice. You should notice when you open them from the packaging, the atomizers are a little wet. When you boil the attys, this "primer" juice gets cleaned off as well.

The fix that I've found is to "prime" the atty with several drops of juice. I've added as much as 6-8. Make sure to hit the bridge because most of the juice will get absorbed there, keeping it from reaching the heating coil. That's why you're experiencing the burnt taste faster than before. When you try vaping it, add more drops as soon as you taste the burnt taste again. After a couple times, the bridge should be fully primed and it should go back to normal.

Ok, so I tried the boiling method yesterday morning and just wanted to report back that everything seems to be ok so far. I boiled for about 15 minutes then gave it a good soaking in a small amount of vodka to evaporate all the water off. I did prime it good and even made sure my poly was nice and wet. I used it all day yesterday and this morning with no "burnt popcorn" flavor.

Cheers :)

Ok, so I tried the boiling method yesterday morning and just wanted to report back that everything seems to be ok so far. I boiled for about 15 minutes then gave it a good soaking in a small amount of vodka to evaporate all the water off. I did prime it good and even made sure my poly was nice and wet. I used it all day yesterday and this morning with no "burnt popcorn" flavor.

Cheers :)

That's great news! Glad it's working out for you. :thumbsup:

I've been using the same atty now for two and a half days without blotting or blowing it out. It's one that I boiled, and I must say that it is getting better. When I start using another I've boiled, I'll remember to give it several drops from the start. Thanks, everybody! ...Pam

• 2 weeks later...

Is boiling the atty just good for troubleshooting or would you want to do it regularly? I haven't done any cleaning in a month...

I boil my attys regularly as a cleaning method. I do it about once a month depending on how fast my attys get clogged. For me, an atty will go anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks before I need to boil it.