Pg, Oh Pg...where For Art Thou Pg?

Gitzy

Oookay so I spent the whole night searching for some propylene glycol and have had no success. I tried Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS (where the pharmacist told me they could special order it....only to return an hour later to find out he was LYING :veryangry:). Anyway...

I really want to find a store that carries it locally...as I don't want to pay ANOTHER store for shipping, and I'd like to know for future reference. Any suggestions on stores that are (or might be) in Connecticut? Or even types of business that might carry it? I'm pretty good with the phone book, but I don't even know where to start.

My Mom is depending on me to get it so I can mix her up some of the Creme de menthe juice that she loves oh-so-much. :wub:

Thanks in advance!

Oookay so I spent the whole night searching for some propylene glycol and have had no success. I tried Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS (where the pharmacist told me they could special order it....only to return an hour later to find out he was LYING :veryangry:). Anyway...

I really want to find a store that carries it locally...as I don't want to pay ANOTHER store for shipping, and I'd like to know for future reference. Any suggestions on stores that are (or might be) in Connecticut? Or even types of business that might carry it? I'm pretty good with the phone book, but I don't even know where to start.

My Mom is depending on me to get it so I can mix her up some of the Creme de menthe juice that she loves oh-so-much. :wub:

Thanks in advance!

OW! OW! OW! Good lord, it's going into lungs! And there is a huge difference in grades of PG. There's technical grade and pharmaceutical grade. Never use technical grade for an e-liquid. Never, ever!

Order some pharmaceutical grade (usually called "proylene glycol, USP/EP" online and ask Mom to be patient...

As far as I can see, this is U.S.P. grade... its used to treat cattle

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/009503-propylene_glyocol.html?lref=%2fcatalog%2ffind.aspx%3ft%3dpropylene%2bglycol

if you enlarge the picture you can see the grade.

I think as long as it is USP grade it is ok for what we want it for ,most farm stores like TSC and likely Co-op or you can order it online.VG is easier to find at drug stores in the skin care isle it is used as moisturizer

Oookay so my local Agway special ordered it for me. A whoole gallon of it. And yes, it is usp grade. VG would have been much easier to find, but my mom is a diabetic. Thanks for all the advice guys ^.^ I would have never thought to look into farm supply stores XD

I found some at Walmart today, it took a long time to find it and I almost gave up. I even asked employees to help me and they were absolutely clueless. I ended up finding it with the bandages and ointments. I think it was $3 for 6oz. Before Walmart I had stopped at a Walgreens and after searching and asking employees I asked a pharmacist and they said I should try a grocery store...

*edit*

Sorry, you were looking for PG and I guess I found VG, or at least I've read that the Humco Glycerin is VG...

Edited by J0T

Similar experience for me Glitzy. I went to the local Tractor Supply, and they acted like they thought I was crazy or making drugs or something. Guess I'm just going to have to pay shipping + outrageous prices and order online. That bugs me, but I don't really need a gallon anyway, do I? ;)

Similar experience for me Glitzy. I went to the local Tractor Supply, and they acted like they thought I was crazy or making drugs or something. Guess I'm just going to have to pay shipping + outrageous prices and order online. That bugs me, but I don't really need a gallon anyway, do I? ;)

Geez, I hope not! There are a bunch of online suppliers that sell smaller quantities much cheaper.

http://electronic-ash.com/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=81 there are also 2 other sizes...just search

http://www.tastyvapor.us/propylene-glycol-grade-p-90.html?cPath=9 more expensive, though

http://www.americaneliquidstore.com/products/Propylene-Glycol.html

these are just from some of the suppliers that I use (havent tried electronic ash, but it was the cheapest for a small quantity) I'm sure many more carry it. If you are adamant about not paying shipping costs, I would call your local Walgreen's and speak to the the Pharmacist (if you are uncomfortable telling them what you use it for, I recommend telling them that you use it to make home made soaps and lotions)