The Fair Tax

I've been in favor of it for years, but the likely hood of it passing is nil.

Democrats don't want it because they cannot raise our taxes without us noticing, because we will see the tax hike at the register.

another positive point for the fairtax, drug dealers, and other illegal sources of money will finally be taxed.

Just curious what the opinion of Vaping America is. Are you a Fair Tax Proponent?

Me.......1000% in favor.

Me........1000% Against

Taxation makes the Gvmnt a "For Profit" entity. Thomas Jefferson was totally against this sort of taxation.

Each and every dollar asked for, should be for a specific purpose and spent on that purpose only.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

It is too bad a fair tax will never make it into existence. There are too many companies and government entities pocketing our hard earned money to care about, Fair.

We live in a society of greed-

Edited by jiffy

I am no expert on the fine points of the fair tax, but imagine this....if you make $2000.00 a month on your job, you take home $2000.00 a month. No income tax, no social security tax. You get it all. No tax taken out. What you do pay is a 23% consumption (sales) tax. So it is your choice when deciding to make a purchase whether you do or do not make the purchase and pay tax. That said, with the amount of embedded taxes already in anything we now buy, those would also disappear. So the cost of what we buy would go down. Also, if you buy new, you pay the tax, but if you buy used, no tax (no double taxation) There are special rules for big ticket items (cars, homes, etc) and food.

Someone said they were against taxes in this thread. Me too! But we do need National Defense, some entitlement programs, and limited government. Someone has to pay for it, and that's us.

Again, I'm no expert, but I know enough to know that this is what this country needs to keep our status in the world.

Someone said they were against taxes in this thread. Me too! But we do need National Defense, some entitlement programs, and limited government. Someone has to pay for it, and that's us.

That would be me. :D There are other ways to pay for things without being taxed. We pay for all kinds of things out of our own freewill.

Because when people spend their illegal sources of money they will be fair taxed.

Got it, its not the drug sale being taxed, its the money from the sale being spent legally elsewhere. I'll have to look this up but it just seems like another place for the lawyers and politicians to mess it up. No double taxation, but if I buy two things and put them together, (value-add), is it taxed, same rate? I can see a bunch of places where this falls apart. And maybe its just jaded old me, but I just see special interests and favoritism creating a bunch of loopholes and work for the tax lawyers. I just I guess everyone's off the flat tax kick?

Got it, its not the drug sale being taxed, its the money from the sale being spent legally elsewhere. I'll have to look this up but it just seems like another place for the lawyers and politicians to mess it up. No double taxation, but if I buy two things and put them together, (value-add), is it taxed, same rate? I can see a bunch of places where this falls apart. And maybe its just jaded old me, but I just see special interests and favoritism creating a bunch of loopholes and work for the tax lawyers. I just I guess everyone's off the flat tax kick?

I honestly don't know about value-add. What I like about the fair tax is it seems a little bit more like I have a choice as a consumer if I want to pay taxes. If I choose to buy something I some what agree to paying the tax. That seems totally different to me than the government just snatching my money before I even see it. Ideally I would rather not have my money extorted from me at all but it seems like a start.

I honestly don't know about value-add. What I like about the fair tax is it seems a little bit more like I have a choice as a consumer if I want to pay taxes. If I choose to buy something I some what agree to paying the tax. That seems totally different to me than the government just snatching my money before I even see it. Ideally I would rather not have my money extorted from me at all but it seems like a start.

Definitely right. Sounds like an amazing concept. Save or spend. Tax as you spend.