Got My Kr808D-1 (Vapor4Life)

So I recieved my ecig today, this is the first device I've tried since the Njoy npro I bought a year ago (almost to the day!).

While shopping these were my concerns:

• Portability
  • No fuss for swapping out cartridges or carrying extra batteries
  • Some way to recharge my batteries while I'm out and about
  • Something that resembled the size of a normal cigarette.

The vapor king from vapor4life met all those needs and after reading a lot of good things about them I went ahead and bought from them!

Instead of buying a starter kit I went ala carte and kind of put my own together. Here's what I bought:

• Vapor King Shorty Mini PCC Kit
  • Wall Charger
  • Strawberry Cartomizers
  • Peanut Butter Cup Cartomizers
  • Cowboy Menthol Cartomizers

Here's what I got:

• Vapor King Shorty Mini PCC Kit
  • An extra normal size manual battery(!)
  • A cloth green case
  • Wall charger
  • Strawberry cartomizers
  • Peanut Butter Cup cartomizers
  • Cowboy Menthol cartomizers
  • 1 cinnamon roll cartomizer, 1 raspberry cartomizer, 1 red hot candy cartomizer

Both of the batteries were charged when I got them, which was awesome! Also, getting the extra manual battery was a nice bonus! I wanted to try one before I went ahead and bought one and totally got the opportunity :)

While I don't like it as much as the automatic battery I do seem to get better flavor from it. With the short automatic battery I can hold the ecig like a normal cigarette which is exactly what I was looking for. The manual battery will take some getting used to, but I think I'll get used to it. I am kind of worried about the button getting pressed on it while it's in my pocket, so I may keep it in the PCC and keep the automatic battery in my pocket to avoid that.

Anyway, my first impression is that this is definitely going to fill the void that the npro left and kept me smoking analogs. All of the flavors I got are great! I smoke Marlboro menthol smooths for my analog smokes, and while the cowboy menthol doesn't have the same flavor it's still good! The peanut butter cup is kind of tobbacoy, which is nice. I didn't get much from the fruit/other candy flavors, I suspect this is because I can't taste anything from smoking ;) As such, I'm betting all of these things will be better once I can actually taste things again!

While the vapor production isn't super fantastic or impressive, it's definitely not something I was worried about and expected when I bought the ecig. I would guess if you're someone who likes lots of vapor that this isn't the ecig for you.

Here are some things I would improve:

• No instruction manual/basic info for the PCC, I had to google around to find out what the status lights on it meant. Including an instruction manual would be nice. The same holds true for the wall charger.
  • The USB charging cord for the PCC is super short, maybe 2 inches? It's great for a laptop on a desk or a USB hub, but I think for a tower computer or anything else it's sort of inconvienent. If it extended/retracted that would be a nice bonus.
  • The cartomizers have colored stickers over them, I expect these to get funky after awhile (if you plan to reuse them, could be irrelevant with their lifespan anyway), especially with the ones where the sticker hangs off the edge of the cartomizer a bit. Switching it up to a colored plastic or getting rid of them all together would be nice.
  • Ditch the screw on the cartomizer and replace it with some kind of snapping/locking mechanism. I can see the holes on the cartomizer for the air and the holes on the battery, lining them up may not be necessary but it would be neat if the snapping/locking mechanism took care of that alignment without having to worry about looking closely to do it yourself

Anyway, I think that's it, all in all I'm very pleased and look forward to showing it off to my coworker tomorrow who's been wanting to get one of these too!

Edited by three_sixteen

I have to say I agree. I bought the same model from the same place, after first using the Npro. I love my KR808. I love all the convenience, and all the freebees! The best flavor I have found, you have to give it a try, is the Smilin Special Menthol...it is to die for! I have tried many others, as I got a bunch of sampler packs with mine and none compare to that flavor. That is truly going to be my all day, everyday, vape!

I have to say I agree. I bought the same model from the same place, after first using the Npro. I love my KR808. I love all the convenience, and all the freebees! The best flavor I have found, you have to give it a try, is the Smilin Special Menthol...it is to die for! I have tried many others, as I got a bunch of sampler packs with mine and none compare to that flavor. That is truly going to be my all day, everyday, vape!

Can you describe the flavor at all? I almost got it instead of the cowboy menthol with my PCC kit..

I just placed my first order with V4L and got some of those smiling menthol(your recomendation),Kamal,555 to try.I also got 2 new auto batteries,2 wall chargers,manual pass thru and a shorty batt to see how it works.

The menthols i got from Vapor kings are kinda weak to me,refilled with AV menthol I get more flavor/vapor!

The VK 555 is good out the box and the VK camel is good also.

I wanted to try these flavors from another vendor to see if they are the same or better...helps that V4L lowered their price on their carto's.

The KR pass thru will be my first 5 volt unit and I hear these KR carts vape great at higher volts.Cant wait to try this thing out!!

Should have my stuff in by friday will let yall know!!

(disclaimer, I might be drunk :P)

Just wanted to chime in again after 24 hours, and a trip to the bar.

After using the KR8081-D some more I'm even more happy with it. The vapor production is actually pretty good, and the convenience can't be beat. I've been using the same cartomizer all day and after my battery died at the bar I just swapped the dead battery out with one that's been in my PCC all day. I would agree that a cartomizer equals a pack of cigarettes. Without a bar trip I would smoke a half a pack a day, but when going to the bar I would probably smoke a whole pack in a day. Since I finished a cartomizer in a day with a trip to the bar, I would say that's a pack of cigarettes.

I had some concerns about the vapor production while using the short battery but after figuring out how to take a drag with an ecig I found the same satisfaction (equal 'smoke', better flavor, full cigarette) that I got from an analog cigarette using both the automatic and normal battery.

I know there's some people who say that a bigger battery = more vapor here, but to me the shorter/weaker and longer/stronger battery produce the same amount of vapor.

For someone who needs portability and convienence and isn't a vaporphile the KR808D-1 is definitely for you!

Edited by three_sixteen

I just placed my first order with V4L and got some of those smiling menthol(your recomendation),Kamal,555 to try.I also got 2 new auto batteries,2 wall chargers,manual pass thru and a shorty batt to see how it works.

The menthols i got from Vapor kings are kinda weak to me,refilled with AV menthol I get more flavor/vapor!

The VK 555 is good out the box and the VK camel is good also.

I wanted to try these flavors from another vendor to see if they are the same or better...helps that V4L lowered their price on their carto's.

The KR pass thru will be my first 5 volt unit and I hear these KR carts vape great at higher volts.Cant wait to try this thing out!!

Should have my stuff in by friday will let yall know!!

I will say, nothing weak about V4L's menthols! I couldn't even vape the Nuport...so strong (menthol was too strong). I love all the other menthols they offer, tons of flavor. And cartos are well worth the price as they last so long. I hope you enjoy it, I know I do.

This is all very nice to read. V4L has a special place in my heart because they're the ones who got my first business and they have always been great. I give them high fives all around. thumbsup.gif My wife still uses the KR808 and I refill the cartos every few days. I haven't had one fail yet and some of them have five refills on them. I also appreciate that they have 36mg juice, which is not common enough. Good company! Congratulations and thanks to you folks who are using these and spreading the word!

The KR Pass Tru is kick A$$ from V4L and the camel was awesome and the wall chargers I got are easier to use than that usb push in I originally got.. glad I ordered from them..Still have more to try in that order I made but I am happy so far!!!The passthru makes weak carto's come alive!!

I got to demo my KR for someone today and they hated the 555 I had so I may have blew it on the recruiting.Got to keep a menthol handy or something more tasty...OH well!!!I really hated not impressing them with it....They loved the vapor output!!

Great story Steve! I agree, my KR passthrough was a godsend, and if for some reason all my other stuff failed I still keep it as a fall back. It's a wonderful device. Let us here more about the other new goodies you got!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines