Quitting cigarettes and vaping instead

Ryan185

I am trying to quit cigarettes. I have been vaping the past couple of days. I had 2 cigarettes today and tomorrow in hoping zero. I'm vaping on slotter pop, by lost art. Is there diactyl in it? Also, is vaping better than smoking traditional cigarettes my mom is trying to quit too and might get one. Just kind of iffy because we still don't know the affect the pg and vg and the other ingredients in vape juice have on us yet. No one knows what will happen 10 years down the road to people who vape. No one thought cigarettes were bad at first but look where that got us.

Edited by Ryan185

7 minutes ago, Ryan185 said:

I am trying to quit cigarettes. I have been vaping the past couple of days. I had 2 cigarettes today and tomorrow in hoping zero. I'm vaping on slotter pop, by lost art. Is there diactyl in it? Also, is vaping better than smoking traditional cigarettes my mom is trying to quit too and might get one. Just kind of iffy because we still don't know the affect the pg and vg and the other ingredients in vape juice have on us yet. No one knows what will happen 10 years down the road to people who vape. No one thought cigarettes were bad at first but look where that got us.

Hi and welcome!  I'm fairly new here as well.  There is a ton of info on the Health & Safety section of these forums.

A lot of the chemicals in e-cigs/juice are also in cigarettes, and usually in much smaller amounts than "analog" tobacco cigarettes.  The media spins things however they want, or however their CEOs want them to.  I'm sure there are some things in some juices that may not be good for you, but most if not all of them have nowhere near the amount of carcinogens as an analog.

This guy's YouTube Vape Space has a bunch of good info.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1VWGYbsHijMLYvdRBydSWA

Hi Ryan,

I've found myself in the same boat with the cigarettes vs vape issue. I rationalised it by simply accepting where I'd be in ten years of smoking cigarettes, with a chest-full of tar and trouble getting up the stairs; I'd much rather take on vaping as an alternative. Thing is, now I've begun to enjoy vaping immensely and my teeth, breath, lungs and bank account thank me for it. I'd recommend anyone smoking cigarettes to give it a whirl... :)

Check this BBC video out, the guy looks at things in a fairly reasoned way trying to get both sides of the argument.  Oh and it looks like the NHS will soon be prescribing e-cigs as a smoking cessation tool as well!

BBC - Trust Me I'm a Doctor

Some types of e-cigarettes to be regulated as medicines