Vamo V6

DJ Colonel Corn

Hi fellow vapers !

Didn't see a thread for the new Vamo V6, so here it is.

I got this vv/vw version of the mod recently, and am pretty darn happy with it.

First the specs.

Depth 22 mm Height 140 mm Width 22 mm Product Weight 120 g

Not much thicker than the 18650 battery it takes.

About as tall as two 18650s or so.

My version has both variable voltage and wattage, though I've seen 4 different versions online.

My version is 3-20 watts, 3-6 volts. Volts in 0.1 increments, Watts in 0.5 increments.

Here's a pic.

crop-1882503-1.png

Yes, that's Jesus inlaid in the stainless steel there.

There are other mods with different designs as well.

So, it's got 3 differnet display settings, which are viewed when the ignition button is pressed.

There is a choice between current, votlage, and resistance. They will respectively show the amperage your battery is putting out, the voltage that was set, or the ohms of the coil. Alongside of this info is a battery gauge.

It also features the Vamo signature Mobile IN/OUT feature, so you can use the USB converter or a 510 flashlight, or anything that requires the device to stay on.

Battery voltage display and ohm display viewed seperately as well.

i like Vamo's menu design. However it does not stay lit 2-3 seconds after firing, so, the only way to actually see the menu is to not use the device while firing it.

One point against all Vamo devices is, there is no locking feature for the watt/volt up/down buttons while the device is on. You can always switch it off quickly but.... I'd like an upper button lock as well, which is common with most other devices.

Other than that, I can say it puts out heavy and nice, the battery life is great (I have a 3400 mAh panasonic in it), and it's lightweight. Also very thin, easy to hold. A nice device overall.

I'm pretty happy with it so far.

As with all devices, the true test comes months down the line when you see if it still works or not, hehe.

So that's my v6 review.

Oh, also, unlike other Vamo's, this v6 does not appear to have an RMS/MEAN power setting, it is fixed on RMS I believe.

So I'd appreciate any other comments or thoughts about the v6 people have !

I paid $50 out the door for it from a local shop. Full retail was $55.

Happy vaping !

sig3842.png

• 1 month later...

Uh oh..... PROBLEM.

Yes, I've discovered a MAJOR problem with my Vamo V6....

Where the battery well meets with the 'brains' of the mod, internally, there is a lip with a raised edge.

This edge comes up in one spot and that causes the v6 to CUT into the 18650 battery, removing the protective skin, potentially causing a SHORT....

This could be verrrry dangerous.....talkin' battery explosion... so watch out for that. Personally, I don't use mine anymore in the interest of safety.

Check the Kangside http://www.esmoke-ksd.com/cp_view.asp?id=192 web site. You may have a clone. Their website only has 3 units pictured. Stainless polished, stainless brushed and what looks like gun metal. the only markings on it are 20W/Vamo. They are VW only devices.

Their website even lists copycat sellers. FastTech being one of them.

I was kinda nervous bout FastTech selling COPIES,, a buddy of mine werks fer a major airlines & he & the guys in his shop getta FT order every week & he says from ALL their combined orders they've never hadda problem with anything & name brand replacement parts fit when purchased from local vendors...

That sure made me breath a lil easier cuz I gotta order on the way...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, sure.

Fasttech even admits to selling clones/copies/knockoffs .... they only list a couple 'authentic' vamo's on their site... but you see I didn't get my vamo v6 from Fasttech, I got it from a real life shop.

So either the shop got a knockoff, or, vamo made a mistake.

Either way, my vamo v6 (with the Christ inlaid design) is too dangerous to use.

Check the battery compartment for lips and sharp edges. That's all.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines