Lesser Addiction

monkbait

After reading through some of this forum and seeing others noticing the less addictive nature of vaping and realizing it myself, I did some research and found this: Safety Report on the Ruyan® e-cigarette Cartridge and

Section 2.3 discusses the fact that e-cigs in fact do not act like analogs in that they do not inhibit MAO levels in the body. I think this must be why the urge to vape is not as strong as using analog. Everyone is speculating that there is "something else" in analogs that creates a stronger urge. Well, I think this is it.

So, with this element, plus the fact that PG is a germicide, I'm coming to understand that e-cigs actually have positive health factors that should not be overlooked.

"Propylene glycol, the primary ingredient in the electronic cigarette cartridge, may be a powerful deterrent against pneumonia, influenza, and other respiratory diseases when vaporized and inhaled according to a study by Dr. Oswald Hope Robertson. Decades before the e cigarette was invented, a study was conducted by Dr. Robertson of the University of Chicago's Billings Hospital in 1942 on inhalation of vaporized propylene glycol in laboratory mice. A more in-depth article was printed in the 1942 issue of TIME Magazine for November 16th. "Dr. Robertson placed groups of mice in a chamber and sprayed its air first with propylene glycol, then with influenza virus. All the mice lived. Then he sprayed the chamber with virus alone. All the mice died."

Exactly.

Check out this VT thread.

Edited by NeRo9k

One of my clients is a Toxicology Laboratory. I was thinking after I wrote this thread this morning I should ask them how much it would cost to preform a toxicology study on a single e-liquid. If for nothing else, just to quell my own curiosity. But I think because all the e-liquid companies in the US are currently cottage-industries, they may not be able to afford or may not even know that such a service is available to them. I feel like every e-liquid company should be doing their own independent tests just to be ready for the potential sh*t-storm the FDA may be sending their way eventually. What we need is a millionaire to get behind the e-cig "cause" :)

I think that would be a great Idea monkbait! I was just on Dekang Biotechnology website and every time I clicked on their certificates it would shut down my browser! Supposedly they have approval of their liquids from Korea and Germany. check it out http://www.yndekang.com/product.asp

• 1 month later...

"Propylene glycol, the primary ingredient in the electronic cigarette cartridge, may be a powerful deterrent against pneumonia, influenza, and other respiratory diseases when vaporized and inhaled according to a study by Dr. Oswald Hope Robertson. Decades before the e cigarette was invented, a study was conducted by Dr. Robertson of the University of Chicago's Billings Hospital in 1942 on inhalation of vaporized propylene glycol in laboratory mice. A more in-depth article was printed in the 1942 issue of TIME Magazine for November 16th. "Dr. Robertson placed groups of mice in a chamber and sprayed its air first with propylene glycol, then with influenza virus. All the mice lived. Then he sprayed the chamber with virus alone. All the mice died."

Exactly.

Check out this VT thread.

PG does act as a sterilizing agent. The problem is it's inability to distinguish between good and bad bacterial and viral growth, so while it does help deter sickness, it can also make your body's natural defenses weaker as well.