Auto Drip Mod

Travis798

Hi Everyone. I just joined this forum after spending some time on another e-cig forum, and I'm curious. It looks to me like not much information gets cross referenced between forums, which I find odd. I could only find one reference here to the Auto Drip Mod/Spring mod. It's meant for the 510 but others say it work in other carts as well.

You take a spring, say from a click pen, cut it just short enough to be compressed and hold in the cart, fill your cart to the top of the spring, and add some poly fill or foam or whatever you want to use on top of it. I've been using it a few days and it seems to work really well. When I go to fill my cart it will be completely empty with no juice left in the bottom.

Being my first post I'm not even going to try to post a link, because I doubt I can, but if you search auto drip mod on youtube you can see a vid showing how to do it.

Anyway, I was curious about the lack of reference to this mod because it's awesome, and thought maybe I could contribute some info on my first post!

Yea i have seen this mod. I guess its not a popular thing?! It pretty much usues alot less polyfill and super saturates the little bit of filler constantly. Not a bad idea. How long does it last for you without refilling it Trav? You get alot of juice in your mouth while doing that?

Yea i have seen this mod. I guess its not a popular thing?! It pretty much usues alot less polyfill and super saturates the little bit of filler constantly. Not a bad idea. How long does it last for you without refilling it Trav? You get alot of juice in your mouth while doing that?

I don't typically get any juice in my mouth using this mod unless I take a pretty hard pull, which will leave juice in my mouth even if I'm dripping. This mod seems to be pretty popular at other forums, and has converted some drippers. I get quite a while out of one cart, but I hate to put an exact number on it because I tend to rotate between a battery and my passthrough so they don't get too hot taking multiple drags in a short time.

Most people have a old click pen running around that doesn't work, and this mod is super easy to try. It's great for convenience when out and about.

Cool, thanks for bringing this mod to the forums here at VT. Im going to make a post about this for you in the Mods tips and tricks section with a youtube video on how to do this. Thanks Travis. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sinikal

Cool, thanks for bringing this mod to the forums here at VT. Im going to make a post about this for you in the Mods tips and tricks section with a youtube video on how to do this. Thanks Travis. :thumbsup:

Not a problem Sinikal. I know I would personally much rather use carts over dripping if you can get any kind of consistency out of them, and this mod seemed to do it for me. I was growing really frustrated with the carts really quick and dripping was a pain, especially when away from the house, and I tried this mod since it was so quick and easy. Honestly it's probably kept me from getting frustrated and going back to analog sigs. I just thought I'd share what seems to be a very good cart mod with more of the community, and maybe create some more happy vapers in the world.

Just started using this mod 2 days ago. I was using the Teabag method for a little over a week. that seemed to work well...but the spring mod is awesome. using this method I refill my cart 2 maybe 3 times a day. I have yet to get the fluid into my mouth and there has been NO leakage. I take like 10 Pulls and the poly fill looks almost like a brand new cart still. if it seems low just poke it with a toothpick and it gets saturated again. it you cant find the info on here I found it on google typing in 510 spring mod (there was a video as well)

• 3 weeks later...

There is a YouTube video showing how to do this mod, it's nothing new.

The video is available here

Auto Drip Mod

I don't see why you have to use a spring from a pen to do this mod. Anything that can be cut short like a toothpick would work if you cut it the right length, I guess that a spring leaves room for error and creates a tight fit between the sides. All it is doing is creating a gap for juice to be stored in above the tea bag or poly-fill or wading, whatever you use or want to call it. The reason you don't find that sort of thing here on this forum is we are mostly all subscribers to the Drip, Vape, Repeat method. Why screw with refilling, Tea bag mods, Auto mods and the like when the simplest way to vape is to drip?

Edited by TheSmokingMan

There is a YouTube video showing how to do this mod, it's nothing new.

The video is available here

Auto Drip Mod

I don't see why you have to use a spring from a pen to do this mod. Anything that can be cut short like a toothpick would work if you cut it the right length, I guess that a spring leaves room for error and creates a tight fit between the sides. All it is doing is creating a gap for juice to be stored in above the tea bag or poly-fill or wading, whatever you use or want to call it. The reason you don't find that sort of thing here on this forum is we are mostly all subscribers to the Drip, Vape, Repeat method. Why screw with refilling, Tea bag mods, Auto mods and the like when the simplest way to vape is to drip?

There's a vid of it in the thread in the review section. You're link is broken. It has an extra http:// in it.

Dripping may be a simpler way to vape for some people, but for people that drive a lot, or are just on the go a lot, they might not want to deal with dripping all the time. Dripping is still a pain. If a cart can be made to perform as well as dripping, then the cart would be superior. This mod makes carts perform very well, and ended my dripping days as well as others.

Hey Travis, thanks for the tip about the extra Http//'s in my link, I thought I tested it after I made the post but I guess I didn't. I have corrected the link and it works now.

I drip and drive. I generally drive 1000 to 1500 miles a week ruining service calls here in Houston. I vape too much for any cart to be able to keep up with my VP2 and an 801 Low Bridge Atty. Any cart mod is not as practical as dripping. I really don't see the danger of dripping three drops in an atty while driving, it's no different than lighting a cigarette while driving.

Edited by TheSmokingMan

Hey Travis, thanks for the tip about the extra Http//'s in my link, I thought I tested it after I made the post but I guess I didn't. I have corrected the link and it works now.

I drip and drive. I generally drive 1000 to 1500 miles a week ruining service calls here in Houston. I vape too much for any cart to be able to keep up with my VP2 and an 801 Low Bridge Atty. Any cart mod is not as practical as dripping. I really don't see the danger of dripping three drops in an atty while driving, it's no different than lighting a cigarette while driving.

Well I'm one of the dumb donkeys that text and drive, so it's not the safety aspect that I worry about, it's when I'm just fixing to drip a drop, and have to turn the wheel for some reason or another (lots of animals come out in the road here) and I drip juice somewhere on me instead of the atty, or if I'm walking around somewhere, and I have to stop walking to get my stuff and drip, or whatever reason. I can load up a cart with this mod on my atty, carry 2 more spares in my PCC, and be good for quite a while.

I never really minded dripping at home, but have found myself using carts here now as well. Either I tailpipe it and the atty gets hot on my lips (510) or I have to take a cart off, drip, put cart on, vape, repeat. Thats just more trouble than modding a cart to me.

Everyone is different, which is why we have different e-cigs, and it's a great thing, otherwise the world would be a very boring place!

See, I knew you were a great guy, just think of how mad we would be at each other if we kept this crap up on all of these topics. You make real good points, and you got the final lick in with the boring world point, I agree!

Ha, you don't have to worry about me getting mad, I have plenty of nicotine to keep that from happening. I can disagree with someone on every single topic that ever comes up with ever fiber of my being, and still not get mad at them, unless we start talking politics. Then my blood can start to boil, so I tend to try to stay away from that when I can. Unless of course I'm in a room with a bunch of conservatives that agree with the same things as me, then I can talk politics all day! LOL

Ha, you don't have to worry about me getting mad, I have plenty of nicotine to keep that from happening. I can disagree with someone on every single topic that ever comes up with ever fiber of my being, and still not get mad at them, unless we start talking politics. Then my blood can start to boil, so I tend to try to stay away from that when I can. Unless of course I'm in a room with a bunch of conservatives that agree with the same things as me, then I can talk politics all day! LOL

Well, you won't like me then, I'm a conservative, capitalist, extreme right wing, gun toting, bible thumping, militia member, patriot, domestic terrorist (according to the DHS), that will defend your constitutional rights to the death!

Well, you won't like me then, I'm a conservative, capitalist, extreme right wing, gun toting, bible thumping, militia member, patriot, domestic terrorist (according to the DHS), that will defend your constitutional rights to the death!

Ha, why wouldn't I like you? You just described me.. Except you left out NRA Member :)

Well I'm one of the dumb donkeys that text and drive, so it's not the safety aspect that I worry about, it's when I'm just fixing to drip a drop, and have to turn the wheel for some reason or another (lots of animals come out in the road here) and I drip juice somewhere on me instead of the atty, or if I'm walking around somewhere, and I have to stop walking to get my stuff and drip, or whatever reason. I can load up a cart with this mod on my atty, carry 2 more spares in my PCC, and be good for quite a while.

I never really minded dripping at home, but have found myself using carts here now as well. Either I tailpipe it and the atty gets hot on my lips (510) or I have to take a cart off, drip, put cart on, vape, repeat. Thats just more trouble than modding a cart to me.

Everyone is different, which is why we have different e-cigs, and it's a great thing, otherwise the world would be a very boring place!

I love this forum! :) My saying about this is that if it weren't for diversity we'd still be living in caves, waiting for lightening to strike somewhere so we could cook the carrion we'd found. People seeing things from a different perspective is what makes progress.

Going to have to try the spring mod. I've tried dripping and driving and that just flat freaks me out. I don't like taking my attention off all the dumb-a**'s on the road for a second! I like my life. And every commute is long enough I need a refill.

As to politics, I gotta just stir things up a minute. :D I subscribe to the best of both worlds: Fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I believe in capitalism and carry concealed, and think we need to let everyone live his or her life her own way. One of the strongest human traits, one of the things that has allowed us to flourish, is our willingness to take care of one another when in need. Live and let live, that's my way.

But have you ever noticed that it's the differences between people that we focus on, rather than our points of agreement? That's why I don't get angry either. I dig diversity; it's a good thing. If everyone agreed with me I'd never have learned anything! Not that I'm going to agree with you. ;)

Going to have to try the spring mod. I've tried dripping and driving and that just flat freaks me out.

I have two mega batts and two auto drip carts set up right now and two more as backup. Going great so far, now I'm wondering why I got the spade. Oh yeah, I love toys!!! The amount of material you leave to plug it up is key, too little and you're juicy, too much and you get fluid lock.

As to politics, I gotta just stir things up a minute. :D I subscribe to the best of both worlds: Fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

Me too, though I hate people that like diversity, I think everyone should be like me!!!! ;-) (joke)

Personally I think the federal government has too much power, give it back to the states. You don't like the taxes or laws in one state, move to another. Simplistic I know, but I believe the original intent of the "federation".

Personally I think the federal government has too much power, give it back to the states. You don't like the taxes or laws in one state, move to another. Simplistic I know, but I believe the original intent of the "federation".

Not to get too off topic, but -- Amen! thumbsup.gif

Edited by ddavelarsen