Non-Joye Batteries - Dangerous

I ordered a two spare manual batteries from vaporkings. Thinking this would be the area I could save a few bucks, I bought the cheaper 510 compatible batteries (which vaporkings clearly labels as not genuine joyetech batts).

Both batteries have, multiple times over the last 2 days, remained turned on even after depressing the manual switch. The gotcha here is that the LED does turn off, so you think the battery is off as well. I've taken my 510 out, took a few vapes, and slid it back into my shirt pocket only to hear a hissing and crackling sound a minute later and realize my atty is cooking. The thing gets so hot that you can seriously get burned by picking it up. It melted a cart quite nicely this evening.

Just wanted to throw that out there as a warning. I've had no problems with the batts that came stock with my 510.

Hmmm I do have one manual battery from ecigexpress that you can tell its not exactly the same (the contact looks slightly different but works) as my original Joye batteries that came with my kit.

thanks for the heads up, but I haven't had any problems YET with this red headed step child battery.

I've had this problem with a couple of batteries. One non Joye batt that I just got from rob today actually, and one supposedly authentic Joye battery that came with my starter kit ordered from somewhere else. Are there any visual differences in these batts? Because my "Joye" batts and non Joye batts look identical. If my first batch of batts are indeed authentic Joye, this problem lies with them also and not just the SLB batteries. Luckily I have only fried one atty because of it :(

I just pulled the clone batteries off the site until I figure out what to do with them.

Travis,

The way you can tell the difference is in the LEDs. Push the button until you reach the cut off and you'll see that the clone battery actually has two LEDs like the SLB 901 batteries whereas the true Joye battery only has one.

Shoot me an email with your order # and I'll get you taken care of on the battery.

Thanks

Rob

I just pulled the clone batteries off the site until I figure out what to do with them.

Travis,

The way you can tell the difference is in the LEDs. Push the button until you reach the cut off and you'll see that the clone battery actually has two LEDs like the SLB 901 batteries whereas the true Joye battery only has one.

Shoot me an email with your order # and I'll get you taken care of on the battery.

Thanks

Rob

No worries about the batteries Rob. Right now it looks like 5 out of 6 of my batts are clones are only 2 came from you, and I knew what I was getting. Thanks for the offer though. I do appreciate it.

2nd bad batt !!! New batt came today, (not VK ) and does the same thing. BOTH are chrome batts. Gonna call my supplier.

I had some 901s that did that (got hotter than hell) and would not shut down. Chrome with pink led. Hmmm, stuff happens. I just moved on thankful that i didn't get hurt or burned.

Well they are clones but they aren't working properly...I'd like to fix that.

They work properly 99% of the time. It's not like they consistently have this problem. I have one batt that has done it twice in a week, not from you, and one I got in yesterday from you that has done it once. Honestly I have these batts so mixed up right now anyway there is no way I could tell which one came from you or which one had the problem. I'll simply remember to order authentic Joye from here on out, which I'm sure will come from my fellow Okie supplier that doesn't try to pass off SLB batts as Joye batts.

They work properly 99% of the time. It's not like they consistently have this problem. I have one batt that has done it twice in a week, not from you, and one I got in yesterday from you that has done it once. Honestly I have these batts so mixed up right now anyway there is no way I could tell which one came from you or which one had the problem. I'll simply remember to order authentic Joye from here on out, which I'm sure will come from my fellow Okie supplier that doesn't try to pass off SLB batts as Joye batts.

I have 2 doing the same thing, one that I recieved today as a replacement for the first one. This one did it on the first use. The other one, like yours, didnt do it ALL the time, 3rd time in a week and a half and that was it for me. Burnt the HELL out of my thumb.

Must be this last batch...had no issues with the first 80 I ordered. I actually got these from another reseller that bought Joye parts but was sent clones by the "factory".

Keenan, are those batteries from me?

No sir, both from another supplier.

No sir, both from another supplier.

I think there may be more of these cloned batteries out there than we think. It's not just your batteries Rob. I emailed the other supplier I got these batteries from and they were under the impression that they were authentic Joye, but had to get this batch from another "reputable" supplier because his was out of stock. He said he has experienced this problem first hand as well. I was wondering why there would even be a market for clones since really a battery is a battery is a battery as far as these should be concerned, but I guess the cost savings is either in the switch or the built in protection.

Something with the switch. It sticks open, so I have been told. I had 2 types and 1 stayed on. Luckily I heard it quickly and tapped it. I noticed that some had a flat surfice where the atty connects and some had a pre-drilled starter hole (not open of coarse. looked like to hold the part to be machined?)

Also it had a blue led. I hope the a**hole has it stay on in his pocket and burn off his.. well u know. LOL