Is It Ok To Charge All My Batteries And Store Them For Future

nemesis

never mind haha i figured it out

question though, how long should i charge it? the manual says charge for 8 hours EVEN if the LED is green. (for the first time)

i just put it in and 10 minutes later the LED went green.. :S

how long is enough, anyone know for sure?

also, once it's charged fully, will it damage it if its still in there for a while? if i'm showering or sleeping for example

Edited by nemesis

question though, how long should i charge it? the manual says charge for 8 hours EVEN if the LED is green. (for the first time)

also, once it's charged fully, will it damage it if its still in there for a while? if i'm showering or sleeping for example

Jeso would probably be the one to ask about this. In my experience this is exactly what I have done. When I do take one out of storage and use it I top it off before I use it.

I have heard people say it DOESNT take 8 hours for the first charge, but Im anal about things like that, and DO charge the full 8 hours, and am still getting 3-5 hours out of my original 510 batts. Maybe luck, maybe not, I dont know. But Ive heard people complain that they only get 1-1/2 to 3 hours after a couple of weeks. As for leaving it in the charger after the light turns green, I leave mine on overnight and have had no problems.

I've charged my batteries right out of the box for the full 8 hours even after the light turns green, and started using them as soon as they've turned green a couple of mins later. I haven't noticed a difference between either method. I also leave mine on the charger sometimes at night as Keenan does, and have not had any problems because of that.

Just a footnote, I have had SEVERAL discussions with my son about cell phone batts. I ALWAYS charge a new batt overnight, he NEVER does, maybe an hour or so for the first charge. Well. MY cell phone can go for 3 days before it needs a charge, while he sometimes gets about 5 hours. We both use them equal time pretty much, but mine last longer. The little stubborn Irish mic REFUSES to admit Im right about the charge time, and i tell him the proof is in the pudding. Now, Im no tech genius, and I have NO idea if e cig batts or cell phone batts are the same, I just know the results I get over his results. Im the type of person that when I get something, I read the instructions, and follow them to a "T". More often than not, it works out well for me. :whistle:

Cool.

so what about after the initial 8? like when it gets drained after the 8 hours, should i then charge them till the light turns green every time the battery gets drained after the first initial?

in the instructions it says 1 hour, and i've heard 2.

another thing i might please ask, in the instructions it says "after the initial 8 hours, use the 510 for 20 minutes, then charge for another hour"

is that necessary?

Edited by nemesis

I charge until the light goes green. Regardless if I just opened it or have been using for a month. I leave it on the charger all night and no ill effects have come; and, I doubt they will.

Cool.

so what about after the initial 8? like when it gets drained after the 8 hours, should i then charge them till the light turns green every time the battery gets drained after the first initial?

in the instructions it says 1 hour, and i've heard 2.

another thing i might please ask, in the instructions it says "after the initial 8 hours, use the 510 for 20 minutes, then charge for another hour"

is that necessary?

As for the 20 minutes, yes I did that, followed the instructions and for me, seems to work good. As for AFTER that, when you get to using it on a regular basis, I ALWAYS wait till the LED blinks, indicating that the batt is drained, then throw it on the charger till the light turns green. Usually about an hour to an hour and a half. At first, I would CONSTANTLY watch and take it off as soon as the light changed, but thats not necessary. You can leave it on till you get around to it. Thats just what I do.

When the light says it's charged the charger quits charging, so if it takes 30 minutes or 3 hours, when the light says it's charged that's it, it's not charging anymore. If the charger kept charging after the light said it was charged, then you would overcharge the battery and run the risk of explosion or fire. When the light says it charged the charger quits charging.

When the light says it's charged the charger quits charging, so if it takes 30 minutes or 3 hours, when the light says it's charged that's it, it's not charging anymore. If the charger kept charging after the light said it was charged, then you would overcharge the battery and run the risk of explosion or fire. When the light says it charged the charger quits charging.

I just tried to say that fast five times and tripped over my tounge, BUT, repeating it made it make sense to me. So Smokingman, Im not being a smart a** here, if any one would know you would, why DO they tell you to charge it for 8 hours. Again, Im asking out of ignorance, not arrogance. What, me arrogant.

I just tried to say that fast five times and tripped over my tounge, BUT, repeating it made it make sense to me. So Smokingman, Im not being a smart a** here, if any one would know you would, why DO they tell you to charge it for 8 hours. Again, Im asking out of ignorance, not arrogance. What, me arrogant.

Because when the batteries are made they really don't know what the charge level is of each battery by the time it gets to the customer. So they tell you the maximum time that you would have to charge it from completely drained and then some, in order to protect themselves from returns because of customers not charging them long enough and thinking they were defective.

When batteries are made they have a slight charge at the factory, then they are given a little charge by the QC department, then they are packaged, put on a slow boat from China to the US and may end up sitting on a shelf for a year before they are ever used. Temperature and humidity will have a draining effect on batteries, there is no way to predict what the charge will be by the time it gets to the end user.

Because when the batteries are made they really don't know what the charge level is of each battery by the time it gets to the customer. So they tell you the maximum time that you would have to charge it from completely drained and then some, in order to protect themselves from returns because of customers not charging them long enough and thinking they were defective.

When batteries are made they have a slight charge at the factory, then they are given a little charge by the QC department, then they are packaged, put on a slow boat from China to the US and may end up sitting on a shelf for a year before they are ever used. Temperature and humidity will have a draining effect on batteries, there is no way to predict what the charge will be by the time it gets to the end user.

So then, the green light on the FIRST charge is ok to go by ? What aboth the 20 minute deal, whats that about.

in the manual it specificaly says "charge it for 8 hours, even if the light goes green"

i would like to get to the bottom of this :)

god i would love to vape now

Well, Smokingman is usually NEVER wrong, and I will NEVER EVER say that out loud again. But, he really does know his stuff, so I wouldnt doubt his advice. I have heard from other people the 8 hour thing is bogus, so, Im probably gonna ignore it from now on as well. Chris even told me once it didnt matter.

in the manual it specificaly says "charge it for 8 hours, even if the light goes green"

i would like to get to the bottom of this :)

god i would love to vape now

I telling ya, if the light says it's charged, then the charger has stopped charging the battery and it's fully charged. It's just sitting there in the charger no different if it were sitting on your desk not in the charger.

I haven't heard of a 20 minute thing? If the light says the battery is charged then it's charged.

The 20 minute thing is this Smoke ( I dont know if you have a 510 ) but the instructions say, AFTER the FIRST 8 hour charge, to use the 510 for 20 minutes, then immediatly charge again till green. What is the purpose, if any, for that ?

ya i have a 510 joye

i would like to know also, ive been vaping for about 20 min kind of maybe i should charge it just in case

but i would like to know for the future if i need to do this

ya i have a 510 joye

i would like to know also, ive been vaping for about 20 min kind of maybe i should charge it just in case

but i would like to know for the future if i need to do this

I always like to err on the side of caution, so it wouldnt hurt to charge it after 20 minutes. But, you do know, thats a ONE time thing. You DONT have to do 20 minutes EVERY time you charge it. Just use till fully drained after that

Beats me, why it would say that. The old rechargeable Ni-Cad batteries would get a memory if you didn't drain them completely and you could only use the amount that the memory was burned to. We had a charger that hit them with a high amount of voltage to "Equalize" them and erase the memory, but the new Li-ion batteries that e-Cigs are using are a totally different animal and don't get a memory level burned into them. They just diminish over time and use. Sorry, I can't help you on this one, maybe it's a screw-up in those bad Chinese translations that come in the manuals with the Chinese made eCigs

Beats me, why it would say that. The old rechargeable Ni-Cad batteries would get a memory if you didn't drain them completely and you could only use the amount that the memory was burned to. We had a charger that hit them with a high amount of voltage to "Equalize" them and erase the memory, but the new Li-ion batteries that e-Cigs are using are a totally different animal and don't get a memory level burned into them. They just diminish over time and use. Sorry, I can't help you on this one, maybe it's a screw-up in those bad Chinese translations that come in the manuals with the Chinese made eCigs

If I remember correctly, thats what Chris told me, something about the original Chinese instructions just never got changed.