Refilling Carts?

ddavelarsen

So I'm using this Vapor King with cartridges, and have run out of fresh carts. I bet that's never happened before, right?

I heard that one can refill the carts and keep on with them, and since I'm waiting for my next batch of stuff to arrive I need to keep these things running. But my refill experience is less than stellar.

Here's what I've done and hopefully someone will give me some hope there's a more satisfactory way. I stand the cart on end and put three or four drops in the little hole. The juice does go right in. I let them sit upended for an hour or so and then try vaping. But the vapor production is slim, and there's no crackling like a fresh cart gave me. It's only good for one or two hits, and then nothing.

Any suggestions? I don't have a syringe, unfortunately, though from the way the juice slides into the cart don't think I need one.

Thanks,

So I'm using this Vapor King with cartridges, and have run out of fresh carts. I bet that's never happened before, right?

I heard that one can refill the carts and keep on with them, and since I'm waiting for my next batch of stuff to arrive I need to keep these things running. But my refill experience is less than stellar.

Here's what I've done and hopefully someone will give me some hope there's a more satisfactory way. I stand the cart on end and put three or four drops in the little hole. The juice does go right in. I let them sit upended for an hour or so and then try vaping. But the vapor production is slim, and there's no crackling like a fresh cart gave me. It's only good for one or two hits, and then nothing.

Any suggestions? I don't have a syringe, unfortunately, though from the way the juice slides into the cart don't think I need one.

Thanks,

I looked around and this is what i found for you hope it helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWU9-ueTqY

At home, I use a syringe... it's undoubtedly the best way to refill carts. You slide the needle down to the bottom of the cart, and as you refill the juice enters at the bottom, forcing the air out the top, so you get full saturation. The control is also very good... I can refill my cart even in low light and not overfill.

When adding drops to carts (which is what I do away from home where I don't want to use a syringe for obvious reasons), the dropped juice can create a liquid seal, with air trapped in the cart which can stop the juice from completely saturating of the filler. You can use something like a straightened paper clip to jostle the filler to allow the air to release and the juice to drop, but it's clumsy at best.

I still use carts even though many advocate direct dripping. One, it creates a reservoir of juice so you needn't refill as often. Yes, it can be a bit messy at times, but I keep a dampened cloth by my TV chair to keep that in check. Since I spend the majority of my days either in front of the computer or the TV (not counting time practicing guitar, of course, when vaping isn't on the agenda), this works for me.

Yeah, I think if I was going to use carts long-term I'd find a syringe. That sure seems like the most direct and controlled way to do this. You could learn the exact measure it takes to fill one, and nail it every time. And in low light conditions, like you mentioned. That would sure be the way to do it.

Since it's going to be a couple of weeks before my VP2 arrives, refilling carts is on my agenda every day for a while. I don't play guitar, and the entirety of my days have been spent with a smoke hanging from my mouth (unless in front of the computer at work). So vaping has given me a great deal more freedom in where I can go and do what I do. That's cool. I'm going to end up with some kind of kit to carry around though, much like analogs only with more parts. :)

All of our habits, even coffee, accumulate a very personal collection of paraphernalia, don't they?

Yeah, I think if I was going to use carts long-term I'd find a syringe. That sure seems like the most direct and controlled way to do this. You could learn the exact measure it takes to fill one, and nail it every time. And in low light conditions, like you mentioned. That would sure be the way to do it.

Since it's going to be a couple of weeks before my VP2 arrives, refilling carts is on my agenda every day for a while. I don't play guitar, and the entirety of my days have been spent with a smoke hanging from my mouth (unless in front of the computer at work). So vaping has given me a great deal more freedom in where I can go and do what I do. That's cool. I'm going to end up with some kind of kit to carry around though, much like analogs only with more parts. :)

All of our habits, even coffee, accumulate a very personal collection of paraphernalia, don't they?

I have SO MUCH crap its AWESOME!!! Anyway, I believe some folks will simply take a paperclip, run it down the side of the cart, pull the filler away from the sides and squirt the juice in. I have to say, with both 510 and 801 carts, I just drip on top and it sucks it up. Also, I'm waiting for juice from innovapor and I paid $3 extra for what I think is a cap with basically a syringe. We'll see.

Welcome ddavelarsen to the VT forum.

Since I don't know exactly what unit you are using I'll just offer general information. If your cart separates from your atomizer, do so and use some tweezers or a paper clip to pull out the stuffing. You should be able to put 8-12 drops into the cart (Depending on the size of the cart). then carefully replace the stuffing. If the top is still dry put a drop or 2 on top. Be sure to wash your hands when you are done.

My recommendation though is to direct drip 1-3 drops right on to the atomizer. You should get 6-10 good hits from that. As we say here "Drip, vape, repeat". It's quick easy and effective. Some might say that if your battery is unprotected (A small hole in the bottom) you risk flooding the battery. I have done this exclusively for some time and have not had this problem.

Info overload I know ! If you go the the Noobie forum section you will find a heading for "Beginner FAQ" there is some great info there including direct dripping. Also you will find videos on youtube for refilling and dripping.

Good luck and again WELCOME to VT !!!!!!

Thanks for the good info folks! Vapemudgen, my carts are 'disposable' one-piece units that I've refilled. When my VP2 (!) gets here I'll certainly try out the direct dripping. That really sounds like the way to go, even if it entails frequent intervention with the unit. Volume is my primary interest at this point, but I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot more as I get going properly.

FTJoe, those bottles do sound like a great idea. Please let us know how that works out. This is one of those young industries where innovation is the order of the day; exciting times! thumbsup.gif