Revisiting Ekowool

Ever since my interview with The Vaporatory on my blog, i've switched over to using Ekowool again and have abandoned my tried and true organic cotton balls for ecig wick.

It's not just what Corey and Max told me that made the impression on me, it's the fact that I knew they were right ultimately deep down all along, I just hated Ekowool and Silica wicking so much. I'll be 100% honest though, before now i'd only used Ekowool for a few hours, and within that time I was so disappointed with it that I ripped it out of my RDA and RBA so quick so that i'd forget about the whole bad experience all together.

This time it was different, If Max is going to run Ekowool on his high-end RDA and Elitist V4 mod as a Cloud chaser due to the negative side effects of using organic cotton, then I should be able to follow suit. So I wrapped a good coil this time on the Ekowool (Like I actually gave a **** this time, the last time I was already un-interested before even attempting) and put it in the Kayfun 3.1. There is no other way to put it, it tasted terrible, the vapor production was reduced significantly and I had to "re-pressurize" the Kayfun repeatedly to get it to wick properly at least once an hour the first evening of the Ekowool revisit.

Day 2 (yesterday) I woke up, did my morning routine and picked up my mod and did the morning vape thing. I was impressed from the get go of the 2nd day. The loss of flavor had gone away. The vapor production had improved drastically as well, but I wasn't going to get too excited due to the fact that any vaper knows the first few toots in the morning are always going to be the best wicked ones. This continued on through-out the afternoon and I ended up being so impressed that I reached out to my close friend (and frequent guest blogger/hipster) Allyn Bencen.

I told Allyn that I loaded up Ekowool in the Kayfun and was giving it a second try. Allyn thought he needed to correct me "Ekowool or Bio Wick?" he said. "Ekowool, Bio Wick sucks so bad I wrote an article on it" I replied. We discussed the Ekowool, how after a nights use the majority of the draw backs basically fix themselves. Allyn was surprised, but not to the point of going and giving it a try himself yet.

What impressed me the most was the wicking improvement. I no longer had any wicking issues at all, and since day one i'd taken my Kayfun apart (once i'd vaped it dry)and checked the material. It's obviously more durable than organic cotton, but other than the e liquid discoloration, it's in perfect condition.

It's day 3 now, and the flavor has almost come equal to the organic cotton that i'm used to which surprises me more due to the fact that it's actually a close competitor to organic cotton's taste.

Do I think i'll convert 100% over to Ekowool? probably not, I think organic cotton has it's place in my rotation, but i'd have to say if i'm continually impressed by the Ekowool it may very well be my primary wicking material.

Now to load it into my Vortex RDA and see if it works just as well on a dripper.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines