More Tobacco Smokers In The Us

TheGreen

My wife found this article---> US adult smoking rate rises slightly

As we know, we can help these people live a bit longer.

@FDA, come-on, let us help these people???

Cya,

Couldnt agree more Green. Its so frustrating to have a PROVEN method of getting off the analogs and having Big Brother stand in the way. Heres a little trivia I found interesting - did you know there are 300 million smokers in China, thats more smokers than we have citizens. NO WONDER they invented this device.

I remember my grandpa said that during the depression the only things that sold well were vices and entertainment. I guess folks need the escape. Seems like analog sales is related to the stress most folks are facing these days. I bet alcohol sales are up, too. Speaking of, is it Miller time yet? :thumbsup:

Couldnt agree more Green. Its so frustrating to have a PROVEN method of getting off the analogs and having Big Brother stand in the way. Heres a little trivia I found interesting - did you know there are 300 million smokers in China, thats more smokers than we have citizens. NO WONDER they invented this device.

I would have to agree with Keenan that it's probably the stress level. JMHester also said the vices sell well in a downturn. I was in the liquor store the other day and Ray and I were talking about the economy hurting his business, he said that when times get tough the alcohol sales go up because as he put it some of these bastards will let their kids starve but they have to have their fix.

The most interesting thing That the article brought to mind is that they pointed at the reduction of "Stop smoking" campaigns as a possible culprit ! These are the same folks that ridiculed Nancy Reagan for her "Just say no to drugs" campaign, that, by the way, paralleled a major reduction in drug usage in America followed by a spike in abuse after Clinton cut the campaign funding ??????

Also, Rise in unemployment.... rise in smoking ????????