Movie Reviews

OK. Im an avid movie watcher. So lets see what the last 2 movies are that everyones seen. Now, mind you, I RARELY go to the Theatre, Im more of a DVD guy. About the ONLY time I go to the movies is when The Bourne Movies come out. Great action movies, a more realistic James Bond type. But, for the last 2 I saw, today we watched

1 - The Taking of Pelham, 1,2,3 with John Travolta and Denzel Washington. VERY very good movie. Ive seen the original from the early 70's which is a classic, and a 1994 remake with Edward James Olmos, which was eh -just ok. This new one is the best movie Travolta and Denzel have done in a while. Worth renting for sure. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

2 - Hardwired with Cuba Gooding Jr. and Val Kilmer. Good Plot, good premise, but the acting, kinda cheesy. Val Kilmer acts like hes trying to make it a comedy, and its NOT a comedy. Im alittle picky, so, Id say go ahead and rent it,just not as good as I thought it would be. So, whatve you guys seen lately ? And include Theatre as well as DVD. :thumbsup::thumbsdown:

Edited by keenan

OK. Im an avid movie watcher. So lets see what the last 2 movies are that everyones seen. Now, mind you, I RARELY go to the Theatre, Im more of a DVD guy. About the ONLY time I go to the movies is when The Bourne Movies come out. Great action movies, a more realistic James Bond type. But, for the last 2 I saw, today we watched

1 - The Taking of Pelham, 1,2,3 with John Travolta and Denzel Washington. VERY very good movie. Ive seen the original from the early 70's which is a classic, and a 1994 remake with Edward James Olmos, which was eh -just ok. This new one is the best movie Travolta and Denzel have done in a while. Worth renting for sure. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

2 - Hardwired with Cuba Gooding Jr. and Val Kilmer. Good Plot, good premise, but the acting, kinda cheesy. Val Kilmer acts like hes trying to make it a comedy, and its NOT a comedy. Im alittle picky, so, Id say go ahead and rent it,just not as good as I thought it would be. So, whatve you guys seen lately ? And include Theatre as well as DVD. :thumbsup::thumbsdown:

I'm a movie fan as well, but admittedly a bit of a snob.... My son says I don't like anything. Here are my 2 most recent

1. AWAY WE GO - An indie with John Krasinski, Maya Rudolph and a great cast of cameos.... A fantastic dramedy ! One of the best I've seen all year!!!

2. DUPLICITY - Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Very convoluted. It was deemed a big budget flop........ For a reason !

I'm a movie fan as well, but admittedly a bit of a snob.... My son says I don't like anything. Here are my 2 most recent

1. AWAY WE GO - An indie with John Krasinski, Maya Rudolph and a great cast of cameos.... A fantastic dramedy ! One of the best I've seen all year!!!

2. DUPLICITY - Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Very convoluted. It was deemed a big budget flop........ For a reason !

Im very picky when it comes to movies as well the last two Ive watched are

1. War INC with John Cusak good movie if your into the dark humor political satire kinda thing 

2. Saltan Sea with Val Kilmer great movie great roll for Val one of the best mind F%*k (movies with a huge twist most don't see coming) movies ever IMHO