What's The Best Poly-Fil And Where Can I Get Some?

fatalis

Hi!

I need to get some fluval or poly-fil or whatever it's called and not only do I NOT know what's the best kind, I don't know where to buy some! Plmk if you can answer my questions, thanks!

I dont have any idea what Plmk means, BUT, its the stuff a fish tank filter is made of. Just get a filter at Wal Mart for about $1.97 and cut it up. I read somewhere that its also the stuffing for pillows, but I dont know for sure about that one. If you go the filter route, youll notice it when you see it.

This topic is a tough one to answer. There are more answers than there are members of the board probably.

Some people like the lipton tea bag mod, others like polyfill, and others like sponge. Then there are steel mesh mods, direct drip, etc.

You will need to experiment to find the one that works best for you.

I'll try to post some walk through steps on different materials tomorrow.

There has been a lot of debates as to what is the best filer to use. Some people recommend tea bags while others say fluval works great. I've also read, like Keenan stated, people use wool. I have no experience with this as I only direct drip, but I've seen a couple instructional youtube videos for these methods.

I think I have tried most of them. From Fluval to the brass screen mod, teabag mod, 100% poly-fill, etc, etc. I got tired of the juice leakage and poor wicking. I know there are some good cartridge mods out there, but I think I'll just wait until someone mass produces a quality one.

I would have to say that I learned a lot about my e-cig by experimenting with it. Now I direct drip. It's simple, no carts to clean and refill.

I also heard that the vaportalk store will have a direct drip device similar to the e dobit that has great potential.

The fish tank filter is working for me. I think its exactly the same as what comes in the carts

I read a post somewhere this stuff is called Fluval or Fluvall and its in pet stores for around 5-6$.

I havnt seen it at my local WalMart...

I dont have any idea what Plmk means, BUT, its the stuff a fish tank filter is made of. Just get a filter at Wal Mart for about $1.97 and cut it up. I read somewhere that its also the stuffing for pillows, but I dont know for sure about that one. If you go the filter route, youll notice it when you see it.

Hi Keenan, plmk means "please let me know", hehe ^_^

Hi Keenan, plmk means "please let me know", hehe ^_^

I KNEW it was something like that, couldnt get my brain to figure it out ! I got some of the fishtank filter last night, I figured I better try it out before I go giving any more advice. It works really well, you just have to rinse out the charcoal. For $2.00, its worth it. it looks like EXACTLY the same stuff. Just make sure you get the white ones, there is blue filters too, not sure if its the same stuff.

Edited by keenan

I just found a website that sells poly=fil squares, 10" x 10" each. I don't know if it's any good, but I guess I'll find out!

The site is called Tastyvaper.us...

whats the whole address, I cant get there with that link

http://www.tastyvaper.us, I'm pretty sure...