Do Not!

Sinikal

Hey guys. Well i have a noobie story for you guys. So 2 days ago i was in a hurry to get out the door for work and i reached into my drawer where i keep all my e-cig stuff and grabbed a spare battery and my VP1. Well when i got to work, of course the first 15mins are always hectic, so i usually deal with it by getting some vapes in before hand. So i took out my dead battery and put my new one in. Well what i didnt know, was that i put one of my Janty stick batteries in my VP1 unit. :unsure:

So i was sitting there vaping and noticed that the battery cap at the bottom of my VP1 was getting hot. So anyways i thought that was odd and went to unscrew the battery cap and see if something was wrong.

YEEEEOOUUCCCHH!!!!!! That battery cap was sooo freaking hot the spring on the inside burned a perfect circle on my thumb!

So after dropping my VP unit the battery, and the cap, im sitting there wondering what the hell just happened! :huh: So after searching under my desk for my VP parts i grabbed the battery. This was literally my face when i noticed i was using the wrong battery :o Lol! So anyways i sent an e-mail out to Jeso telling him my story and almost got a response immediately.

********Based on what you have described-

it seems very likely that the issue you experienced

was due to an unprotected battery.

Oftentimes when an unprotected battery 'shorts out'

or is on the verge of doing so-

it can cause the unit to begin heating up.*********

:blink: So after i realized how noob i was i ran home, grabbed the right battery and been having no problems thus far. I am still scared of unscrewing the battery cap but its not getting warm anymore. MAKE SURE YOU GUYS USE PROTECTED BATTERIES :rofl:

Sinikal,

So u use the protected 10440 batts from Vaprlife in your Janty stick? I was wondering about that, if the batts from Janty were protected or not... and if the protected batts fit in the stick?

Thanks!

Sinikal,

So u use the protected 10440 batts from Vaprlife in your Janty stick? I was wondering about that, if the batts from Janty were protected or not... and if the protected batts fit in the stick?

Thanks!

Nope, Hawk the 10440 batts from Vaprlife will not fit in the Janty Stick because they are bigger since they are protected. Janty Stick batts are not protected, but the VP1 will take either, my advice is to NOT use JS bats in the VP1 Unit. :thumbsup:

Nope, Hawk the 10440 batts from Vaprlife will not fit in the Janty Stick because they are bigger since they are protected. Janty Stick batts are not protected, but the VP1 will take either, my advice is to NOT use JS bats in the VP1 Unit. :thumbsup:

Is your VP1 ok? I would hate to see a nice mod destroyed.

Is your VP1 ok? I would hate to see a nice mod destroyed.

Yep its ok! Jeso also said it could have been a short because of juice leaking into the battery chamber. So i ran it under some warm water when i got home and let it dry over night. Works like a charm! Jeso also said if it was having any problem to just ship it back! :thumbsup: Vaprlife gets Five Stars!!!

Right on, thank you much! 4 sure will not use the unprotected in VP1!! Bummer on the protected in the Janty though... Makes me wonder if I should be using the stick since it is w/out the protected batts.... HMMMMM..... :thumbsdown:

Edited by Hawk

Man, that's a total bummer. I almost bought a VP1 (bought a VP2 instead) because Jeso said the Janty Stick batts would work in it. I'm sure they will under normal circumstances. He also said the Stick has an internal circuit to protect the battery so I doubt you would ever have a problem there.

Thanks for the heads up!

Man, that's a total bummer. I almost bought a VP1 (bought a VP2 instead) because Jeso said the Janty Stick batts would work in it. I'm sure they will under normal circumstances. He also said the Stick has an internal circuit to protect the battery so I doubt you would ever have a problem there.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks to you and Jeso.. I didn't know that the stick had an internal circuit protector.