If I Were President

Well, if I were President, the first thing is to get rid of the IRS. Taxes would be 10%up to 25k, then 12% up to 50k, 14% up to 75k, 16% up to 120k, 18% up to 150k, 22% up to 200k, 25% up to 500k and anything over 1 million would be 38%.

All hospitals would HAVE to treat EVERYONE. With or without ins. People would get 1 month on welfare, no more. You must work!! All sporting events will be no more than $50 for the best seats, then gradually decline to $5 per seat. All players to play FB, BaseBall, BB, Hockey, ect will have a salarey of no more than 1 million a yr. NO IFS ANDS or BUTS!

My VP would be Abe Lincoln. I need to be able to talk face to face. My Sec. of State will be Teddy Roosevelt.

My Sec. of Interior Clint Eastwood

Attorney General Arnold Swezzenneger

Chief of Staff JFK

Sec. of the Treasuary Ron Paul

Get the FDA to ONLY be in control of food, drug companies and the like. Legalize Pot and tax it. Legalize e-cigs with NO tax and TAX the hell or get rid of analogs. Gas will NOT be taxed as booze too (I don't even drink) Revamp the Federal Reserve, NO PAPER MONEY, ALL COINS. If you steal, you have one hand cut off, steal twice, lose 2nd hand (now try to steal, punk). Pediphiles will be shot by the victims parents. Everyone that works WILL HAVE THIER OWN HOME! A new car too from the Government. first time only, after which you get help to purchase new vehical every 6 yrs.

Education will be what Sean said (to much to type).

Will put more in when thought thru.

Here's the thing guys, The President of The Unites States Of America does not have the power to do these things that y'all are talking about, he is not a Supreme Dictator. A King in Medieval times didn't have that kind of power. In order for this power to bestowed on a sitting US President, the Constitution would have to be suspended and Martial Law imposed on the entire country. If that were to happen, there would be a Military Coup d'etat and the people would take to the streets en masse. I envision the death toll close to that of the Civil War. What this country needs is an enema. There are too few in Congress that are actually looking out for the interest of their constituents rather that their pocketbooks or political agendas. Congress is there to represent the will of the people, not the will of the Congressman or what the Congressman thinks is best. We as a nation have forgotten that and continue to put these people in office. There are a lot of positions or offices in this country that have moved away from from what their purpose is. The local Sheriff for example is an office that was established to protect the common citizen from the government. Now it is part of the government and has joined the majority of Law Enforcement in the main goal of generating revenue from the people for the county. The dumming down of the populace in this country has resulted in a near total take-over and as a result a new direction of the purpose of government. If the people, citizens, of this country actually knew the history behind the Magna Carta, The Bill Of Rights, The Declaration Of Independence and the resulting Constitution Of The United States and actively kept up with what the government does vs what it should do, We would not be in the mess were in now. I could go about this forever, but I have been preaching this stuff for years and most people are too wrapped up in their careers, sports and hobbies to really sacrifice to get this country back on track. Now if this country were to return to Constitutional Republic as it was intended, the people would not like it because they have become sedentary and complacent in their lives.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin

leave it to the Cynics to destroy our good fun.......... Nugent for president!!!!!!

I am not a cynic, and yes this is for fun, but Keenan wanted to know what "real" things and "living" people that others would do and select to effect real positive change in our government. Things like giving everyone a million dollars would just devaluate the dollar and inflation would go thru the roof and it would do more damage than the stimulus plan/package. And things like nuking our enemies would cause global retaliation and effective wipe out life on this planet. But if we are just being silly, I'd like to buy the world a Coke and teach it perfect harmony!

not if we do it 1st , anybody who thinks the cold war is over is a fool russias missile are pointed at us and ours at them,..... :thumbsdown:

No, the Cold War is not over and the removing of the Berlin wall was just for show, we are moving to a one world government and all of the things in that past, since FDR, have been training us for just that. You can trust the communists...to be communists!

When the formal communist government failed they all moved to Greenpeace and the eco organizations and took over, now they are imposing their skewed and fractured line of reasoning on the world in the name of "Saving The Environment"! I do not think that the UN will be the one world government that is coming, it is the fall guy that will be what everyone is watching while a new organization will be created and it will be the "New and Improved" thing that takes over, you hide and watch.

Freedom and Liberty must be defended everyday!

Congress is there to represent the will of the people, not the will of the Congressman or what the Congressman thinks is best.

Explain our current congress :thumbsdown:

I don't think we will ever see a full cleansing of congress.. Bwarney Fwank, Pelosi, Rangel... these representatives will never lose their seats, the districts they represent would vote for Mao if they could (which they did vote for a close version of Mao for president in 2008)

No, the Cold War is not over and the removing of the Berlin wall was just for show, we are moving to a one world government and all of the things in that past, since FDR, have been training us for just that. You can trust the communists...to be communists!

When the formal communist government failed they all moved to Greenpeace and the eco organizations and took over, now they are imposing their skewed and fractured line of reasoning on the world in the name of "Saving The Environment"! I do not think that the UN will be the one world government that is coming, it is the fall guy that will be what everyone is watching while a new organization will be created and it will be the "New and Improved" thing that takes over, you hide and watch.

True that, but it doesn't help when 40% of population believes government should take care of every whim they ever wanted. and another 12% who were hoodwinked creates a difficult electorate to sway back to liberty.

My fear is we are moving to a one government world, not a one world government

hey guys its me again , term limits are needed really bad , special interest groups for corporate/insurance/...etc. need to disappear , irak is about oil , my oldest son deploys dec 5 for irak...afganastan is about protecting the nukes in pakistan...and i honestly think this is about a pipe line from the middle east to china for oil...i dont know if 9/11 was a setup or not...but it has a role to play...i come by this from experience since i'm a homorably discharge vet...during vietnam but see i fought in the cold war...and its still going on...actually i'm more scared now...thats as about as honest as i can get...peace :thumbsup:

Edited by xsnut

hey guys its me again , term limits are needed really bad , special interest groups for corporate/insurance/...etc. need to disappear , irak is about oil , my oldest son deploys dec 5 for irak...afganastan is about protecting the nukes in pakistan...and i honestly think this is about a pipe line from the middle east to china for oil...i dont know if 9/11 was a setup or not...but it has a role to play...i come by this from experience since i'm a homorably discharge vet...during vietnam but see i fought in the cold war...and its still going on...actually i'm more scared now...thats as about as honest as i can get...peace :thumbsup:

I can't see the Iraq war being about oil.. if it were we wouldn't be paying so much at the pump today, the country is relatively removed from violence now that the surge worked... In fact I think I'd be more afraid to be in detroit or flint than I would be in baghdad.

Part of the problem with afghanistan is when we drove the radicals from power, they escaped to pakistan and terrorist have such big clout in the tribal regions of pakistan that if the government of pakistan is seen doing too much for the USA, the fragile nature of the country could over throw the semi-sane people in the government and of course would mean the radicals could possibly get a hold of the nukes... although I know we have a contingency plan if that were to happen, but it won't be pretty and most americans probably couldn't stomach the reality.

as for term limits, you don't really expect congress to vote themselves out of a lifetime appointment easily do you? If congress can't vote themselves a pay cut, then I don't see them EVER voting for term limits.

How does your idea figure this is all about a pipeline to China... what do we get out of paying the price in blood and money to accomplish something for the chicoms?? I could only see it working if they forgave ALL of our debt, which will never happen.

how much mega dollars do we owe china ? they finance this stimilus...they own the us...their the riches nation in the world for sure ? just make sence to me...peace

they hold at least 2 trillion in our notes (imagine if they called in their loans?)

Some would say they hold more money than anyone else, but our economy is still far more productive based on GDP (probably not long before that is no longer true, i give it another decade and the chicoms will be our masters, sooner if "Obamao" gets his bills passed.)

Edited by elem187

do you really think anything will change...if its not in iraq/afganastan/pakistan/iran/...etc,etc,etc. Praying seems to help me anyways and i'm not religious, i kno so many involved in the above situations i feel lost, and of course i'm news hound...diggin fo info you kno..? it a vicious cicle i kno my views seem extreme, but i hav family involed in these conflicts,...i got ? for u hav u ever stared the wrong end of a gun...i hav had em in my face before dont like that feeling, i am who i am...wish i had better typing skills....peace

yes I have had guns pointed at me. Sounds like you don't want to believe there really is a threat to our country. I have a family member over in Afghanistan now and a couple of friends in Iraq. They believe what they are doing is noble, so I will support them.

yes I have had guns pointed at me. Sounds like you don't want to believe there really is a threat to our country. I have a family member over in Afghanistan now and a couple of friends in Iraq. They believe what they are doing is noble, so I will support them.

I too have had MANY guns pointed at me. I am a veteran of the Navy. But, MOST of the guns pointed at me were right here in the US, growing up in NYC. There is a SERIOUS threat to our country, both here and abroad. The job of the President is to handle BOTH. The hardest part of that job is the threat from abroad are from people who ALSO belive thiers is a noble cause. And, like the japanese in WW2 they are not only WILLING to die for it, they think its honorable to die for it. Its HARD to conquer an enemy that actually WANTS to die. The days of isolationism are WAY over, we can NOT afford to hide and ignore global problems.

what else can i do my whole family is involved....son,sister,brotherinlaw,cousins....friends...in afganstan..iraq...in the gulf...i know we're in some serious crap...

Edited by xsnut

Not much you can do. They all volunteered service to our country. They are doing us a great service and deserve our full backing, support and gratitude. They are true heroes.

I don't think the xsnut is ungrateful for the sacrifice that our servicemen make, I believe he, like a lot of Red Blooded Patriotic Americans are frustrated with the politicians that are in the mix in this war.

terms limits are needed now...congress and the senate cant do anything...except giv themselves raises, srart wars and complain, where stormin norman when u need him...or hell what about another patton...the politicians started this crap...[wilson war]...and it has gone downhill from there....peace

Edited by xsnut