Vaping In Hospitals

:doctor: I currently work in a Hospital where smoking is severly restricted. I was very worried about vaping there; but to my suprise so far after two months. Everyone has taken it very well; my supervisor is ok with it. I'm allowed to vape in the repair shop(i'm a technitian I repair medical equipment); it does not bother anyone. Actually my coworkers are happy that I do not smoke anymore. My supervisor likes the idea that I don't have to take smoking breaks and keep working and getting to fix and my fix...get it...fix & fix...hehe :blink: "anyway!". I guess I've been lucky; my supervisor mentioned that employees smoking has been coming up in managers meetings alot due to patient complaints and the image we are giving to the patients. It makes sense that we are working in a Hospital and we want to promote good health. He mentioned that one of the managers brought up vaping and added it would be a great alternative for patients aswell as employees. My sup said that there are looking into it; he said they were very interested. He also added if I could demo my 510 in one of those meeting if needed. Of course I said; I would gladly demo it for them.

Well Im curious to find out any other experiences from members in a Hospital of medical setting. Hope your experience was as pleasant as mine; if not i want to hear about it anyway. Thanks guys. :doctor:

Hey thats awesome! It makes me happy that some people are open minded to vaping. A few of my friends ive turned onto e-cigs say that there bosses/ sups still make them still go outside :thumbsdown: So now maybe i can tell my friends, "Check out the forums, the hospitals are letting you vape in there, why cant you vape inside a grungy warehouse?!" B)

They wont let me Vape at work inside until the FDA says its safe(that will take forever!) so its the smoke pin for now, atleast they are for it and they like that I dont smell when I come back inside!!!

I am flabbergasted, that is truly an unbelievable story, the fact that an organization has a thinking brain instead of being told what to do by the government. What is this world coming to? The next thing you know it will be dogs and cats living together!

I for one let my employees smoke or vape on the job, unless the customer is on site or the house has been painted on the inside. I let anyone smoke or vape in my office, although the longer I go without smoking the worse it smells when someone else smokes. I might be becoming one of those reformed smoker types, yikes!

I am flabbergasted, that is truly an unbelievable story, the fact that an organization has a thinking brain instead of being told what to do by the government. What is this world coming to? The next thing you know it will be dogs and cats living together!

I for one let my employees smoke or vape on the job, unless the customer is on site or the house has been painted on the inside. I let anyone smoke or vape in my office, although the longer I go without smoking the worse it smells when someone else smokes. I might be becoming one of those reformed smoker types, yikes!

Careful, youre turning into a born again breather !

My only experience so far was I vaped at the checkout in Wal Mart, and the woman who oversees the do it yourself check outs saw me and asked how it was working out for me. She said she got one for her MOM and it worked great for her, an ex 3 pack a day smoker. But, I almost fell OVER when she told me she paid $275.00 for her kit. I told her how much mine was (about $60.00) and she FREAKED. She said she bought it in a mall in West Virginia when she was on vacation. Any how, Im surprised a hospital is even CONSIDERING it. That would be a BIG boost for Vaping World :devil:

Careful, youre turning into a born again breather !

My only experience so far was I vaped at the checkout in Wal Mart, and the woman who oversees the do it yourself check outs saw me and asked how it was working out for me. She said she got one for her MOM and it worked great for her, an ex 3 pack a day smoker. But, I almost fell OVER when she told me she paid $275.00 for her kit. I told her how much mine was (about $60.00) and she FREAKED. She said she bought it in a mall in West Virginia when she was on vacation. Any how, Im surprised a hospital is even CONSIDERING it. That would be a BIG boost for Vaping World :devil:

I vaped after lunch Sunday afternoon with my Mom's Church Group in the Non-Smoking setion of the restaurant. But it's old hat for all of them, we eat there about three times a week and everone has already been given a demonstration by now.

:doctor: I currently work in a Hospital where smoking is severly restricted. I was very worried about vaping there; but to my suprise so far after two months. Everyone has taken it very well; my supervisor is ok with it. I'm allowed to vape in the repair shop(i'm a technitian I repair medical equipment); it does not bother anyone. Actually my coworkers are happy that I do not smoke anymore. My supervisor likes the idea that I don't have to take smoking breaks and keep working and getting to fix and my fix...get it...fix & fix...hehe :blink: "anyway!". I guess I've been lucky; my supervisor mentioned that employees smoking has been coming up in managers meetings alot due to patient complaints and the image we are giving to the patients. It makes sense that we are working in a Hospital and we want to promote good health. He mentioned that one of the managers brought up vaping and added it would be a great alternative for patients aswell as employees. My sup said that there are looking into it; he said they were very interested. He also added if I could demo my 510 in one of those meeting if needed. Of course I said; I would gladly demo it for them.

Well Im curious to find out any other experiences from members in a Hospital of medical setting. Hope your experience was as pleasant as mine; if not i want to hear about it anyway. Thanks guys. :doctor:

I think this is great, hope others receive it well. :thumbsup:

That's cool to hear. Maybe if we can get enough doctors and hospitals to promote e-cigs the FDA won't have a choice in having to admit that e-cigs are a healthier alternative and that they really just want to ban them because BIG Tobacco is giving them a LOT of money if they do.

Fantastic story... I work in the ICU of our local hospital, as well as the Emergency Room. All the smokers keep wondering if I've quit because I'm not going out for breaks anymore. I've been taking bathroom breaks every 2-3hours instead. The smokers that I've shown it to are pretty impressed but say that they have seen it before. None of them so far are convinced that it will actually replace analogs, tho. The non-smokers I've shown it to are not impressed at all. They just won't believe that the vapor isn't harmful. Of course, nobody has complained of the smell in the bathroom either......

I sure hope that the longer I go without analogs will convince them to make the switch.

I have however gone to my Dr. and he has agreed to help me document the changes that my body will go through over the next year. I will visit him on a monthly basis for physicals. I'm getting a chest X-ray next week to show what shape my lungs are in now. Then another in six months, and another six months after that.....We'll see if that turns some heads, huh?

Fantastic story... I work in the ICU of our local hospital, as well as the Emergency Room. All the smokers keep wondering if I've quit because I'm not going out for breaks anymore. I've been taking bathroom breaks every 2-3hours instead. The smokers that I've shown it to are pretty impressed but say that they have seen it before. None of them so far are convinced that it will actually replace analogs, tho. The non-smokers I've shown it to are not impressed at all. They just won't believe that the vapor isn't harmful. Of course, nobody has complained of the smell in the bathroom either......

I sure hope that the longer I go without analogs will convince them to make the switch.

I have however gone to my Dr. and he has agreed to help me document the changes that my body will go through over the next year. I will visit him on a monthly basis for physicals. I'm getting a chest X-ray next week to show what shape my lungs are in now. Then another in six months, and another six months after that.....We'll see if that turns some heads, huh?

This is a great idea keep us posted on what your Doc says and finds..